Any word on disneyquest?

BrianV

Original Poster
Having read here and elsewhere (maybe just quoted from here) that NBA world is a no-go, wondering what will happen. Can't seem to find solid info anywhere. Interestingly I noticed that the NBA restaurant right outside universal has now been shuttered, which would have been consistent with consolidation to wdw.

domimickey

I just contacted Disney's Travelcompany (the U.K. version since I live in Europe) to ask about our Disney 'Ultimate' tickets and wether DisneyQuest is still included in this version of the water parks and more tickets. It took them a good 20 minutes to come up with an answer, but they came back with the answer that, since Disney has given no official announcements about whether DisneyQuest remains open or about the NBA deal falling through ; at this time DisneyQuest is no part of the 'Ultimate' ticket or the water parks and more tickets...
They did say to keep checking back for news, if anything changes it will be reflected on the official website.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, since we would LOVE to visit DisneyQuest at the end of July when we are visiting the world finally again for 10 days, but after paying already for an ultimate ticket package I really don't feel like paying to enter DisneyQuest and feel, if it remains open, it should be included...

danpam1024

I miss Disney Quest the way it used to be back in the early to mid 2000s. Once they got rid of the genie, I knew it was over.
I agree, but when you open a place like DQ, you should at the very least create a budget to keep up with technology. Most phones have better games than DQ. I hope they use the building for something fun, like paintball or laser tag with a disney twist. They could really do a lot with all that space!

the-reason14

I agree, but when you open a place like DQ, you should at the very least create a budget to keep up with technology. Most phones have better games than DQ. I hope they use the building for something fun, like paintball or laser tag with a disney twist. They could really do a lot with all that space!

This is so true and also so sad when you think about it. It was pretty dated back when it was in it's "prime" for me and my family, but now it's just in such horrible shape. I really wish Disney would invest in it and make it better. If they can't revive it, at least come up with something that's Disney. Something that people would fly down to Florida to see, and something you could only experience at Disney.

the-reason14

A laser tag arena and indoor adventure park (zip lines, ropes course etc.) would be cool. I could see a multi-floor rock climbing wall. Maybe even do one on the outside of the building...

Now there's an idea. I too hope Disney does something like that. While not truly "original and Disney" it would be something I think a lot of people would be interested in. I know I would.

jt04

If the N.B.A. deal fell through it would be a disappointment. An alternative might be to raze the building for a genuine IMAX THEATER. Perhaps a deal could be reached with A.M.C. to manage it. One can dream!

jt04

Did some research. W.D.W. should have a 3D laser IMAX with the largest screen in North America.

This would be a huge win for IMAX as people from all over would demand same for their city.

doctornick

A laser tag arena and indoor adventure park (zip lines, ropes course etc.) would be cool. I could see a multi-floor rock climbing wall. Maybe even do one on the outside of the building...

Indoor mini-golf would also work with that.

Honestly, if they don't want to keep the VR attractions, shifting to some sort of laser tag/action park would make a lot of sense. You can even keep the video games in a section as well.

I'd like to see whatever they do be something that would remain on the Water Parks and More feature -- it would help to continue to have that be a valuable add on.

domimickey

Just saw article that Disney has escape rooms (Escape Challenge) at WDW for corporate groups from Disney Meetings team. This could be a great way to re-imagineer Disney Quest for both business groups and family fun! What do you think?

That sounds like a great idea!
How about Escape rooms themed to Disney's movies!
I'd love to escape from out of one of Maleficent's dungeon's
or help Aladdin find the Genie's lamp and escape from the cave of wonders
help the incredibles escape from the lair of a villain
or help Andy and his friends to escape from the kindergarden in Toy story 3...

In all new decors, actual high detailed rooms, add a meet up with Disney characters that you meet when you helped them or that give you your next assignment.. boy then that would sound like a whole lot of fun !!

Grotto123

To go back to my original post about the nba experience, I also believe since Pepsi is now the official sponsor of the nba operating a restaurant on Disney property is out of the question. Any thoughts

danpam1024

That sounds like a great idea!
How about Escape rooms themed to Disney's movies!
I'd love to escape from out of one of Maleficent's dungeon's
or help Aladdin find the Genie's lamp and escape from the cave of wonders
help the incredibles escape from the lair of a villain
or help Andy and his friends to escape from the kindergarden in Toy story 3...

In all new decors, actual high detailed rooms, add a meet up with Disney characters that you meet when you helped them or that give you your next assignment.. boy then that would sound like a whole lot of fun !!
or the Disney Wii game Guilty Party :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom