Any Virgin travellers from the UK?

SteveUK

I have previously always travelled with Virgin and until the recent ticket changes, the Virgin package always included the Ultimate Hopper Ticket. Now the tickets are purchased seperately.

Does anybody know if there is any difference between the old Ultimate Hopper Ticket and the current 14 day ticket offered by Virgin? I emailed them and called their call centre but they didn't seem to know (or didn't want to tell me) They have understandably been told to sell the new tickets and didn't want to discuss the old ones. This made me a bit suspicious that the new deal may not be as good as the old one.

Has anybody been with Virgin since the ticket changes and bought their tickets? If not, any info on the new ticket system with regards to multiple parks/visits each day, PI entry etc would be very useful.

Thanks;

barnum42

I don't know about the Virgin tickets, but you may want to look at the Annual Passes. For a two week trip you get more than your money's worth. Plus if go again eleven months and two weeks later, you don't have to pay for another set of tickets :D

You can't buy then in the UK, but it's no hardship getting them at the parks.

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Original Poster
Annual passes seem like a good idea. How would I go about organising them from the UK, or at least getting prices for comparison?

Upvote 0

AndyWood

We brought the package from Virgin with the ultimate hopper ticket in with the price of our holiday. When the new tickets came out I rechecked the price and it was a lot cheaper with the new tickets (£420 cheaper)
As for the new tickets all they told me was that we may not get the free kids breakfast with the new ticket.

Upvote 0

gary_flower

We have just booked to go in september with virgin and i got the room at tickets together.
I think i we have the annual pass which is a great idea incase we go back at christmas.
So yes you should be able to book the tickets together with the room.

Word of advice. What we do is get a price off of virgin and then go to thomas cook and see if the can better it. if they do go back to virgin and say that they have given you a better offer can you better it. do that untill one of them says they cant and then you know whos the best. Dont know if you already do that but its a good way if you dont.

Upvote 0

barnum42

gary_flower said:
Word of advice. What we do is get a price off of virgin and then go to thomas cook and see if the can better it. if they do go back to virgin and say that they have given you a better offer can you better it. do that untill one of them says they cant and then you know whos the best. Dont know if you already do that but its a good way if you dont.
Always fun to play competitors off against each other :D

If you are a regular and know your way around, you may find booking things separately - car, hotel and flight - rather than as a package can save money.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Annual passes I bought from Disney, using this thing called a phone, International calls are not that bad, besidesit was fun tracking the shipping from DHL.
Ive just bought the 14 day ticket for this year but as were going for the Meal package i need to change it

So if any one wants a 14 day ticket for £150 let me know....

Upvote 0

barnum42

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Annual passes I bought from Disney, using this thing called a phone, International calls are not that bad, besidesit was fun tracking the shipping from DHL.
I bought mine using these things called feet - I walked up to guest relations, gave them my Visa card and they returned it along with an annual pass - no phone calls and no parcel tracking :D

Upvote 0

gary_flower

barnum42 said:
If you are a regular and know your way around, you may find booking things separately - car, hotel and flight - rather than as a package can save money.

Yeah but this time we were very lucky. they made a mistake, they thought there was a deal happening on the swan & dolphin when there was not and because they said there was they had to honour it so we got it ALOT cheaper than we would :D

Upvote 0

barnum42

gary_flower said:
Yeah but this time we were very lucky. they made a mistake, they thought there was a deal happening on the swan & dolphin when there was not and because they said there was they had to honour it so we got it ALOT cheaper than we would :D
I am surprised they did honour it, most companies have a get out clause built into it somewhere. I think the tour operator deserves credit for admitting their error and honouring the deal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom