Any tips for for Christmas week?

jaygatsby

Original Poster
We will be visiting Universal while we're staying at Disney during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Does anyone have any tips specific to Universal for that time?

JoeCamel

We will be visiting Universal while we're staying at Disney during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Does anyone have any tips specific to Universal for that time?
Buy express- pack patience. Have you done WDW at Christmas before?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

They close the parks almost every day during that period because of capacity crowds. If you don't get there early, you may not get in until mid afternoon. The lines will be crazy but the atmosphere is still fun. If you have the time, it is fun to go see the different resort lobbies and how they are decorated. I especially recommend the GF.

Cameron1529

Christmas time is undoubtedly going to be chaotic, patience is the key. As above posts have said Express Pass for Universal is the way to go and FASTPASS for Disney.

jaygatsby

Original Poster
We won't be doing express passes... A family member works down there and gets us in for free, but I don't think we can add express to those tickets. It definitely saves us money, but it would be nice to have express. We've been down there before so we will probably just choose a couple rides that are"must-dos"

JoeCamel

We won't be doing express passes... A family member works down there and gets us in for free, but I don't think we can add express to those tickets. It definitely saves us money, but it would be nice to have express. We've been down there before so we will probably just choose a couple rides that are"must-dos"
The Express is separate so I think you can still buy it. They are always for sale so if you find you need it find a Kiosk or Store selling it and see.

There are two types as well, Unlimited that you can use multiple times at a ride and express which is a one time use

jaygatsby

Original Poster
The Express is separate so I think you can still buy it. They are always for sale so if you find you need it find a Kiosk or Store selling it and see.

There are two types as well, Unlimited that you can use multiple times at a ride and express which is a one time use
Didn't know that it was separate. We'll have to look into that!

jaygatsby

Original Poster
First off: Dear God, why that week? That is the literally busiest week of the entire year...

If you don't have the money for express don't bother unless you are just visiting for the shows.
We’re pretty much just going for the shows. We wouldn’t go that week, but we’re visiting family in Orlando then and figured it’d be cool to see all the Holiday shows

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom