Any recent experiences with Yacht/Beach Club buses?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
We arrive 5/1 for 3 nights at the Beach Club Villas. While there, we'll walk to Epcot and HS, but we'll be spending a day at AK and heading off to MK early in the morning on check-out day, so we'll need to catch a few Disney buses while we're there. I'm particularly anxious about getting to MK in a timely fashion, as it will be an EMH morning.

Has anybody stayed at the Yacht/Beach Club recently, who can testify about the buses? Are they running regularly, or is the service declining as Disney tries to drive business toward the Minnie Vans? (My family last stayed on property in November 2016 at CBR, and "normal" bus waits at that time averaged 7-10 minutes, despite the advertised "about every 20 minutes" lag between buses). Also, do the resorts share buses with Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin all day, or just at certain times, and where in the route does Yacht/Beach Club get picked up?

Many thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Epcotfan21

Bus routes usually depends on peak/non peak times. Typically I’ve found that Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk will share a bus and then Beach and Yacht will share one bus. That time of year, I’d be willing to bet that only Beach and Yacht will share a bus to AK, MK and Disney Springs.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yacht and Beach now have their own buses to the parks and no longer share with Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. Yacht is picked up and dropped off first. Despite the naysayers complaints, bus service has not been reduced in an attempt to force guests to the Minnie vans. The schedule is still every 20 minutes, usually less than that prior to park opening.

If you plan to be at the bus stop an hour before EMH begins, you’ll have no trouble getting there on time. 😀

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Yacht and Beach now have their own buses to the parks and no longer share with Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. Yacht is picked up and dropped off first. Despite the naysayers complaints, bus service has not been reduced in an attempt to force guests to the Minnie vans. The schedule is still every 20 minutes, usually less than that prior to park opening.

If you plan to be at the bus stop an hour before EMH begins, you’ll have no trouble getting there on time. 😀

Thanks, @Tuvalu! I had seen anecdotal comments about but service getting worse after the Minnie Vans were introduced, but in light of your comments, I assume those guests just had an anomalous experience and were speculating as to the reason. I'm glad to hear about the dedicated buses!

Driver

Thanks, @Tuvalu! I had seen anecdotal comments about but service getting worse after the Minnie Vans were introduced, but in light of your comments, I assume those guests just had an anomalous experience and were speculating as to the reason. I'm glad to hear about the dedicated buses!
Makes me wonder who would come up with an idea that Disney is trying to force people to use Minnie Vans by cutting bus service. There is only a handful of vans vs busses. The Minnie vans could never keep up with that kind of trick. They are busy as it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom