Any news on ILL/Genie+ after August 7?

Di$neyCPA

Original Poster
The current “downgrade” of one ride in each park from ILL to Genie+ is scheduled to expire on August 7. Has anyone heard if there are plans to extend this? It seems to have marginally improved Genie+, and I personally can’t imagine paying for an ILL for any of the 4 rides, with the possible exception of Remy. That said, WDW does not always make the most logical decisions, and certainly not the most customer friendly ones. If anyone has insights, I would love to hear, as we have a trip this week that straddles the 7th.

floydbeatle

Great question. Unfortunately, I am unaware if Disney has made any announcements extending the current policy. I don't see why they wouldn't (except to make more money) considering the parks are still busy thru August based on the theme park reservation system.

esskay

I'd imagine it'll stay till the end of the busy season (Augusy 31st-ish) as the crowd levels will be high due to UK/EU school term time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Strange they may revert back, but that just gives them more opportunity to make money having two ILL choices. Doesn’t matter to then taking more availability out of LL options as long as your card is linked to your app and people are buying anything they come up with

hismattjesty

The current “downgrade” of one ride in each park from ILL to Genie+ is scheduled to expire on August 7. Has anyone heard if there are plans to extend this? It seems to have marginally improved Genie+, and I personally can’t imagine paying for an ILL for any of the 4 rides, with the possible exception of Remy. That said, WDW does not always make the most logical decisions, and certainly not the most customer friendly ones. If anyone has insights, I would love to hear, as we have a trip this week that straddles the 7th.
I can confirm that there has been no announcement regarding this. It seems like it may just expire on the 7th, and Genie+ will continue operation as is. I personally find it hard to believe, as Disney is leaving a lot of money on the table by not reverting back to another paid ILL.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Strange they may revert back, but that just gives them more opportunity to make money having two ILL choices. Doesn’t matter to then taking more availability out of LL options as long as your card is linked to your app and people are buying anything they come up with
& more ticked off guests at GS complaining.... great business model ;)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
There’s a reason they have blue guest relations tents throughout the parks now.

They’ve developed their own problems
oh trust me im well aware lol... i think i spent more time on them during my trip in November than 10 years combined prior w any complaints.... absolute nightmare but i will say this they did fix and resolve every problem and at times threw in some added bonuses for our troubles but agreed for 9-10 days no matter what park and no matter what blue tent it was packed... that says something doesnt it?!?

floydbeatle

They must announce something surely by 7th as they will now have 3 Ill at Epcot which is nuts!
You're giving them waaaaay too much credit. :D That being said I would expect an announcement with EPCOT because you are right that they would now have 3 ILLs. I forget what others were saying but maybe Frozen will be moved, but after riding Rat I never need to again. They may make more money leaving Frozen as one of the ILLs.

Last edited:

tnemgif

This is purely speculative, but I foresee them simply increasing the price of Genie+ And doing away with ILL. It’s too complicated and a major pain point for guests. I assume a lot of guests would just rather pay $30/day and do away with the confusion of ILL.

But I really don’t know what I’m talking about though, ha!

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to an update from Disney, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Space Mountain and Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will remain in the general Genie+ lineup instead of returning back to à la carte purchases.

G00fyDad

According to an update from Disney, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Space Mountain and Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will remain in the general Genie+ lineup instead of returning back to à la carte purchases.
Permanently or just for an extended time again?

Joel

Permanently or just for an extended time again?
It's permanent, but more like this kind of permanent:
WelcomeFrayedDugong-size_restricted.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom