Any "New" info on Cinderella's Castle Painting @ DW?

Goin2dizney

Original Poster
I've been looking around and can't see any info on the "painting" or "gilding" of
Cinderella's Castle at Disney World.

Does anyone know when this "50th Celebration of Cinderella" is going to
happen. I am assuming it will start in October since most of their "Celebrations" start around that time.

Does anyone have "The Word" on what it going on?

Thanks, Wendi

phlydude

There is painting going on currently and scaffolding is up on the lower part of the castle. However, from a distance you're not sure because they are covering the scaffolding with tarps painted like wall rocks.

ToTBellHop

I don't know what they are doing with the castle, but the Happiest Homecoming on Earth (not 50th anniversary of cinderella--it's Disneyland's 50th birthday) begins May 5, 2005, and stretches until at least November 2006 (I could easily see them extending it until January 2007 to attract one last surge of guests for Christmas 2006). I would not be entirely surprised if it turns out that Cinderella Castle is not to be gilded, as Disneyland is the center of this celebration.

1disneydood

Look what they did last time they "messed with" Cindy's castle. :rolleyes:

Just think if they made it sooo tacky, this time with gold and jewels. Bling bling :king:

Pixie Duster

Ok kids, as far as I know ain't nothing more than touch ups happening at Cindy's place. Nothing new in terms of changing it's appearance is happening.

Lee

Adventurer
Only Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland is getting the gold and jewels treatment.
Cinderella Castle is just getting a fresh paint job in it's normal colors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom