Any experiences of magical beginnings.

Sal

I believe this promotion was available last year and again during Sep and Oct this year. We are planning a trip to DW next year when my boys will be 4 & almost 6 yrs. Providing that they put the preschool program on for 2008, I thought that it would give the boys a little extra magic.
Would love to hear of anyones experiences of this event and how they feel it affected the crowds in the parks.
Thanks Sally

jcc0621

We were there for week last year. The Doodlebops were there and our 3 year old loved it! We did not stay on property, so I can't tell you what kinds of things they offered there.

My only suggestion would be if the Doodlebops or Wiggles are there when you go (both are on the schedule for this year again) plan the day that you want to see them and make a reservation for the Playhouse Disney play and dine breakfast - earliest seating. Both are ticketed shows (free but you have to have a ticket) and if you are at the breakfast they let you get in line for the tickets before they opne the gates/drop the ropes. Lst year the tickets for both these shows were gone so fast that some people tried 2 and 3 days in a row to get them and never got them.

Have fun planning your trip:sohappy:

Upvote 0

autigger

My family (Me, my wife, 3 year old son, 1.5 year old daughter) went during that time last September and loved it. Light crowds and extra attention to little ones.

I would definitely take advantage of the "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour" at the Magic Kingdom. They basically open up just Fantasyland an hour early. There were no lines and many characters were out. Snow White kissed my son on the forehead and gave him a big lipstick mark that he did not want to wash off. Also, when we rode the carousel, Goofy jumped on and rode right beside us! This day was the most "magical" day of our wonderful trip.

:king:

Upvote 0

Simba One

We had a great time last year. The Little Ones Magic Hour at Fantasyland was the best part. There were characters literally following people around to find someone to interact with. They played games with the kids (Follow the Leader, Hokey Pokey, etc.) and rode rides with them. Pooh and Eeyore were playing in Pooh's Playful Spot, Snow White was hanging around outside her ride, Hook was messing around outside Peter Pan's Flight, Stitch was riding Dumbo...you get the idea.

Go and enjoy yourself. There was no wait for rides during the LOMH and times were very short the rest of the day when we were there (early September--right after Labor Day).

Upvote 0

BeanSz

Absolutely loved magical beginnings. My toddler son had so much fun. The extra magic hour in Fantasy Land is awesome. Many of the characters were out. When they dropped the rope to open the area in the morning, Tigger and Piglet came and took my son by the hand and walked him over to Pooh's Play Spot -- he had exclusive play time with these characters for about 20 minutes since attendance in late September was so light. He then got to ride the Carousel with Goofy. He played ball with Mickey. Follow the leader with Peter Pan --- I am not sure who was more excited by this, us or our son -- but the pictures and memories were awesome.

Upvote 0

BMinNY

I am unfamiliar with both the Magical Beginnings and Little Ones Extra Magic Hour programs, however they sound interesting as I am brining my 4 year old son to WDW for the first time in July. Could someone clue me in to what these programs are, where I could find schedules, costs, etc...?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Does anyone know if the little one emh's are still going to be on Sunday, Wednesday, & Friday this year. I know that's when they were last year, but since the dates changed so much wasn't sure if they would change this too?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Hey...how do you qualify or take advantage of the Little Ones Magic Hours? Is a Disney resort stay required and is there a certain age requirement?

Upvote 0

Sal

Original Poster
thanks for replies

Magical beginnings sounds fabulous. My two boys loved the characters in Disney Land Paris and so it would make their holiday complete if they had some interaction with them. I just hope that the magical beginnings event is put on again during 2008. unfortunately I'm sure that by then it will be more known about and the crowds larger!
Thanks, Sally

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Thanks! I figured as much, but that's not a problem. Just wanted to make sure before we start making plans to come down. We're AP'holders, but I've got my cousin interested in bringing her kids down (for their first visit!) and wanted to make sure I gave the correct information.

Upvote 0

Dagger

We were there for week last year. The Doodlebops were there and our 3 year old loved it! We did not stay on property, so I can't tell you what kinds of things they offered there.

My only suggestion would be if the Doodlebops or Wiggles are there when you go (both are on the schedule for this year again) plan the day that you want to see them and make a reservation for the Playhouse Disney play and dine breakfast - earliest seating. Both are ticketed shows (free but you have to have a ticket) and if you are at the breakfast they let you get in line for the tickets before they opne the gates/drop the ropes. Lst year the tickets for both these shows were gone so fast that some people tried 2 and 3 days in a row to get them and never got them.

Have fun planning your trip:sohappy:

I am confused about this... are you saying you can make a breakfast reservation before the park officially opens and then you'll want to go wait in line at Playhouse Disney or the characters are at the breakfast or what? Sorry, I'm so confused, but SO excited. I'm taking DD to see Doodlebops in our town in April. Some people think they're creepy but I totally love them... lol

Upvote 0

jcc0621

I am confused about this... are you saying you can make a breakfast reservation before the park officially opens and then you'll want to go wait in line at Playhouse Disney or the characters are at the breakfast or what? Sorry, I'm so confused, but SO excited. I'm taking DD to see Doodlebops in our town in April. Some people think they're creepy but I totally love them... lol
You can make a dining reservation for before the park opens. The line was for the tickets for the Doodlebops (which were in the old Doug SHow Building) Because of limited seating in the theater, they handed out tickets. They were such a hot item that tickets for all the shows were gone in one 1/2 hour every day they were at MGM.

The Doodlebops don't bother me one way or the other. DS likes them. He loved the show at MGM and that was only 20 minutes. I could just imagine him at a whole show!

Upvote 0

BeanSz

We had reservations for an 8:05 am Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast in MGM, and that park that day did not open until 9:00 am -- they would let us as long as we had our reservation. It was very nice having the Studios to ourselves. Also, when we were at the breakfast, they gave us tickets for the show (cannot remember who it was now - but not the doodle bops) so that we did not have to rush to the line to get them.

Upvote 0

Dagger

oh nice! Maybe it was the Wiggles? I guess the question is, then, is it every day or just certain days? Someone said the Magic Kingdom LOEMH is M, W, F mornings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom