Any Advantage to Booking a Land/Sea Package?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Curious if it's just better to book the cruise separate from hotel and parks or if there is an advantage to booking a land/sea package?

ChuckElias

For a fee.

The transfers are an additional fee, yes. Sorry if I confused anyone by omitting that. The only transfers that are free are between the airport and the resorts. Anything to goes to or from the port carries a fee. Thanks for pointing that out.

ChuckElias

There are multiple options that can be added by calling DCL or your travel agent
You're absolutely correct. You can add options like pre- and post-cruise hotel stays, or a WDW resort stay. Maybe I'm being too technical, and if so, I apologize; but my point was that you used to be able to book a "land and sea package" that was one reservation. Now, you book your cruise. Then you add a second reservation for your WDW stay. Then you add another reservation number for your pre-cruise stay in Port Canaveral, etc. You (or your trusted travel agent, preferably!) have to handle all the different payment due dates, and the documents for each reservation, etc.

It used to be one reservation. Now, it's more like a Build-a-Bear reservation. If you use a travel agent, you probably don't even notice it. So maybe I should've just kept my fat mouth shut. Sorry if I've caused any confusion.

DisneyJoe

You're absolutely correct. You can add options like pre- and post-cruise hotel stays, or a WDW resort stay. Maybe I'm being too technical, and if so, I apologize; but my point was that you used to be able to book a "land and sea package" that was one reservation. Now, you book your cruise. Then you add a second reservation for your WDW stay. Then you add another reservation number for your pre-cruise stay in Port Canaveral, etc. You (or your trusted travel agent, preferably!) have to handle all the different payment due dates, and the documents for each reservation, etc.

It used to be one reservation. Now, it's more like a Build-a-Bear reservation. If you use a travel agent, you probably don't even notice it. So maybe I should've just kept my fat mouth shut. Sorry if I've caused any confusion.
I knew what you were talking about. There was even a time that you couldn't call DCL to add the pre and post WDW resort stays, you had to call WDW - but now at least it can all be done via DCL - if you want - but even that isn't always the best way - it is likely best to call WDW to add that part separately with WDW to be able to apply WDW promotions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom