Another Pass Upgrade Post--Can all passes be upgraded?

Tess

I think I know the answer to this, but it's a new situation for us.

My husband and son will be headed to WDW for the Magic Music days in April with our school's band. The trip was planned by another band (with whom we are collaborating). It was, obviously, a package plan where components may not be separated.

It is our understanding the group will be supplied with 4 day park hoppers (no plus features) AND will be purchasing a separate admission to Typhoon. We cannot change any portion of this trip (despite our deepest desire to plan it better ourselves! ).

Our family will be returning to WDW in June and it seems advisable to upgrade husband and son's 4 day hoppers to a PAP (yes, we use the premium features to our benefit so we would need the premium portion versus a regular AP).

My question is, will it be possible for my husband and son to simply stop at guest services and make the upgrade with the hoppers provided by the group? Will they be able to get the DC discount on the PAPs when they present themselves for the upgrade?

I was reviewing the ticket pricing structure on the Dreams pages and noticed there was no discount provision for those passes. I thought the annual passes were eligible for DC at the gate or in advance? Is there no discount on this pass due to the cancellation of DC by year end 2003?

Thanks for the help! If this works out, I'll let my PAP lapse and just get the UPH for my daughter, nephew, and I in June while still holding the AP needed to get a room discount should they be available this time around!

DisneyPhD

Based on info someone else on another board told me, I think it may work out. (but I am not sure :hammer:) I would call guest services to be sure.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

It all depends on how your group comes by the tickets. I had tickets that I'd gotten from a corporate event that I gave some friends to use (already had an AP) and they tried to do something similar and were told that the tickets they had could not be upgraded because they were provided third party. What that means, I have no idea but I'm guessing that some sort of discount took place by them being bought at some sort of group rate which prevented them from being eligible. You could call in advance but they probably won't be able to give you much information until you actually have tickets in hand to give them the numbers off the back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom