Another "New Pavilion" Thread...But a Little Different

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, we've had a number of threads dealing with which country should be added....but let's mix it up a little. How would you pitch it?

I'll tackle Australia.

My main area would resemble the Queen Victoria Building. This would house my main shopping area that would offer merchandising covering Bondi Beach, the Outback, Kangaroos, Sharks, Boomerangs etc. It would also house my QS option where I would offer Meat Pies, Vegemite bread, and shrimp skewers.

I would include as part of my Queen Victoria area an attachment - similar to the "original" Ettamogah Pub (which would immediately rival Rose and Crown)

I'd have a cast of characters throughout the pavilion interacting with guests - ranging from Aboriginals, Steve Irwin (RIP) types, and others.

On the World Showcase Lagoon side would sit my TS Signature - a replica Sydney Opera House steak and seafood restaurant.

For a ride. I'd look at something called "The Boomerang" - with a queue area dedicated to the Outback with a free fall drop similar to Falcon's Fury at BG shaped like a boomerang dropping from a replica Sydney Tower.

NickWilde

Okay, this sounds interesting. I’ll go for Russia.

The main area will be modeled after the town square in a Russian city, with the centerpiece being a large Orthodox cathedral. In the background you can see some Soviet-style high rise buildings. Although there should be minimal references to the USSR, as it’s ideology is still considered controversial, especially within the borders of its arch nemesis, the United States. I will also try to minimize the amount of religious items or references, as that may be considered controversial, especially to practitioners of the religion. There will be a shop somewhere in the pavilion, selling all sorts of items from the country, from ushankas to balalaikas and everything in between. There will also be live entertainment like other pavilions, featuring live folk music and dancers. Inside the facade of the cathedral, there could be a restaurant serving traditional food from Russia, complete with complimentary vodka. (Russian food is rare to find in the US, so this would be a fun new experience for some)

TheDuke

Brazil pavilion with "Supermodel Fairy Tale Hall" where you meet Gisele and Adriana Lima lookalikes. Kidding, not family friendly.

I'd go with a safari themed South Africa pavilion with a safari ride that falls in between Jungle Cruise and the AK safari, with very good AA animals. Give it a lodge/gamekeeper themed sit down restaurant. Maybe have a HoP/American Adventure style salute to Nelson Mandela. I've always thought it was a bit odd that all of the other WS shows are travelogues without any actual history.

DisneyFreak

Greece.

Buildings in stark white with blue roofs and water features to give it a Santorini look. A replica of the Parthenon and/or the Odean which would house the sit down restaurant/s. Then Mt. Olympus which would house an E Ticket dark ride. The country would also have a QS because there can never be enough Greek food!

wdwfan4ver

I got a bunch of Pavilions already planned including Thailand Pavilion, Saudi Arabia Pavilion, and Iran Pavilion, but I'm going with Peru Pavilion for this thread.

Peru Pavilion would have a replica of ab Inca Pyramid. It will have a Emperor's New Groove dark ride inside the Inca Pyamid with Character Table Service and shops.

You will see a Peruvian music and dance stage outside along with a Peruvian Coffee stand.

Last edited:

TheDuke

Greece.

Buildings in stark white with blue roofs and water features to give it a Santorini look. A replica of the Parthenon and/or the Odean which would house the sit down restaurant/s. Then Mt. Olympus which would house an E Ticket dark ride. The country would also have a QS because there can never be enough Greek food!

A mythology dark ride where you see really good AA's of all the Greek gods would be so fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom