Another new passholder email that says nothing.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Just figured I would pass this along. It seems like these are not making there way to a great number of passholders.

http://view.passholder.disneyparks....670&jb=ff65157470&ju=fe6417737163017c7615&r=0

So, you may be selected to get a Magic Band, but do not ask us, we'll tell you.

These pacifiers are making my patience chorter and chorter. I cannot even arrive in the first 30 minutes and get fastpasses on most days. What a total abortion.

bgraham34

Those emails are just trying to make you think something special is coming. You honestly would have thought AP holders would have been one of the firsts to get it.

DisneyCane

I don't really understand why this "test" is need with AP holders. The only difference is it is basing the window on today +60 instead of today +60+length of stay for resort guests and taking out the restriction that it is only valid during stay.

I wrote to customer service a few weeks ago complaining about not having access now that they removed the paper machines. I didn't really care about not being able to make reservations in advance but now that you have to use the stupid kiosks, it ruins the relaxation. Waiting on line and dealing with the PITA kiosks and having to be there early to get any decent ride really sucks.

sjhym333

I have used the kiosks on several occasions now. I have found the CM's extremely helpful and have never waited more than a few minutes. Even later in the day I have been able to get the attractions I wanted a FP for and it has been easy to change the FP if I needed to. I am not sure I understand why people complain so much. I am local and a AP holder and the system has worked flawlessly every time I have used it

donsullivan

Premium Member
While I agree that the emails aren't really saying much, I'm just happy they are finally acknowledging Passsholders in this whole thing and starting communicate at least a little bit. For nearly a year prior to this they didn't even acknowledge we existed and would refuse to respond to any inquiries.

jlsHouston

While I agree that the emails aren't really saying much, I'm just happy that they are finally acknowledging Passsholders in this whole thing and starting communicate at least a little bit. For nearly a year prior to this they didn't even acknowledge that we existed and would refuse to respond to any inquiries.

Me too.. I love an email from Disney ...

KellyELock

We are Annual passholders as well, and have used FP+ numerous times and have had to wait for FP+ kiosks at both Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Maybe we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, but we have not had the most positive experience with it, and it was definitely not flawless. Granted, we don't usually go until later in the afternoon or evenings, but isn't that one of the perks of being a passholder? Being able to go for just a couple of hours at a time instead of planning a full day there? I thought I read that one of the pros for FP+ was to help keep Standby waits down? That has not been the case at all for us. We got to Hollywood Studios at about 1:00 PM on a Saturday a few weeks ago, and we thought we might have a chance to ride Toy Story that day....what was I thinking. Apparently even with FP+, you still have to get there at rope drop to ride or get a FP with a decent time....or wait the typical standby 90+ minutes. I am so ready for the full benefits of this FastPass+ already!

jlsHouston

I have used the kiosks on several occasions now. I have found the CM's extremely helpful and have never waited more than a few minutes. Even later in the day I have been able to get the attractions I wanted a FP for and it has been easy to change the FP if I needed to. I am not sure I understand why people complain so much. I am local and a AP holder and the system has worked flawlessly every time I have used it

Do you FP+ for TSMM or Soaring?

DisneyCane

Do you FP+ for TSMM or Soaring?
+1

With the paper passes (even after the FP+ test started), on light to medium days, I could stop at Epcot around 9:30 AM and get 'Soarin passes for late afternoon with no hassle. Then I could do a few low wait rides and then go grab lunch somewhere and come back to Epcot later for my return time.

Now, I will have to go deal with a Kiosk line and then since the day guests are using FP+ it means the passes don't go out in order of return time. It leaves a much higher possibility that people will choose the times later in the day possibly leaving unused capacity in the 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM range.

The only time I've used the Kiosks is when I was at AK a few weeks ago before the other parks went 100% FP+. I arrived mid-day and spent more time on line and dealing with getting FP+ than I did when I decided (due to non-ideal return times) to just ride standby on EE, Dinosaur and KS. My wait for any of those rides in standby was less time than it took to try and book the FP+. Had I realized that initially, I wouldn't have wasted time getting FP+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom