Another band/hotel type question (sorry!)

PrincessVic

Original Poster
Our first day at WDW is Oct 17. If we book a night in one of the resorts (staying offsite in a villa), have been told will be able to get magicbands. However, if we choose to stay mid-way through our 2 week break, would we be able to pick up the bands at the beginning when we collect our tickets, and use them for the duration? Hope this makes sense!

Rob562

Thanks for that. Do you know how long they will be valid for, ie the remainder of our park tickets?

As it stands right now, if you have a Band and are not currently staying at a Disney resort, you *should* be limited to as many days of FP+ reservations as you have days left on your ticket. (You might be limited to 7 days of active reservations like AP holders are, I'm not 100% sure)

-Rob

LizC

I don't know if it is because I have an AP, but I can make FP+ reservations from the first date of my trip (10/16) until 12/3. I notice this date keeps moving, it was 10/31 then some time in November and now December.

I am staying at AKL.

PrincessVic

Original Poster
And last question - does anyone know if everyone staying at the resorts that are doing the test now get the choice of the bands? Would hate to book a night to get them, to find out that still only selected guests are getting them!
My logic is that they have said that in the future, if you are staying offsite then will have to pay for the bands. If I can get them included now, then will save that extra cost in the future.....

Rob562

And last question - does anyone know if everyone staying at the resorts that are doing the test now get the choice of the bands? Would hate to book a night to get them, to find out that still only selected guests are getting them!
My logic is that they have said that in the future, if you are staying offsite then will have to pay for the bands. If I can get them included now, then will save that extra cost in the future.....

Everything that I've seen says that it'd every Guest at a participating resort that has the option to get the Bands.
FP+ is only currently available to Guests with Bands and who have theme park admission tickets linked to their profiles.

And as an FYI, after the full roll-out you won't need a Band to use FP+. An RFID-enabled ticket will work too. So if you're trying to get a Magic Band strictly so that you can have future use of the FP+ system after the full roll-out, there's no need.

-Rob

PrincessVic

Original Poster
We booked a night, and as soon as the resort linked on MDE we got offered the bands - yay!!!!

And with regards the bands for future - was aware that the cards would work too, but just not the same!!!!! But now we have them, it means that future trips we are sorted, once roll out has happened and we don't need to book another resort night (unless doing a party again, as that is why we have booked).

Thank you all for your help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom