Another AP Question

youngatheart21

I am planning to take another WDW vacation in June 2004 for 10 nights. I figure that I will be better off in buying an Annual Pass than the 10 day ultimate park hopper since I plan on going every year. I have two questions regarding this : (1) Is the expiration on the Annual Pass the day you buy it or the first day you use it? (2) Is there a way to get a room discount with the annual pass if I buy it before my arrival? Do I get an annual pass member number once I purchase it to use with my room reservation?

Please help so I can start planning. Thank You!!

marypoppins68

When you purchase an annual pass for the first time the expiration date is the first date you use it. If you first use it on March 4, 2004 then the expiration date will be March 4, 2005.

You don't have to have the annual pass when you call and make reservations with the discount codes. they won't ask you for any pass number or anything. You do have to have the pass when you check in. The Castmembers will just ask to see it. Of course, a couple of times I've made reservations with the annual pass discounts codes and when I've checked in no one asked to even see the pass. You should have the pass with you though. :)

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by youngatheart21
I am planning to take another WDW vacation in June 2004 for 10 nights. I figure that I will be better off in buying an Annual Pass than the 10 day ultimate park hopper since I plan on going every year. I have two questions regarding this : (1) Is the expiration on the Annual Pass the day you buy it or the first day you use it? (2) Is there a way to get a room discount with the annual pass if I buy it before my arrival? Do I get an annual pass member number once I purchase it to use with my room reservation?

Please help so I can start planning. Thank You!!

It depends upon where you buy your AP as follows:

On October 2, 2000 Disney changed their policy on Annual Passports. Any AP purchased at WDW, the Disney shops at Orlando International Airport, or from the Ocala Information Center now receives an activated pass, not a voucher. This pass will expire one year from the date of purchase, not the previous one year from first use. The date of expiration is clearly printed with the words "Expires on" on the AP itself.

If you purchased the AP from any other source it doesn't have the word "Expire" (or any form of the word) on it....then it is not an admission media with the clock ticking. It is a voucher which must be exchanged at WDW Guest Relations for the activated pass. Your one year will start upon exchanging the voucher.

See this link for details:

http://www.wdwig.com/apass.htm

Upvote 0

ADStang

I agree with MaryPoppins, we just stayed at the AKL 7/24-729 and used the AP discount. I bought them at our local Disney store in Charlotte. When I made the reservation I didn't have the AP yet and when I checked in they did not ask to see it. But it would be best to have it with you.

The clock did not start ticking on our AP until we used it. It's good until 7/24 of next year.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

We plan on going in June 2004 for 14 nights. We will get at least one A.P. so we can get discounted room rates.... the pass for this will pay for itself. Also we will get money off meals, merchandise etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom