Annual passholders magicbands and resort stays.

jl2081

Original Poster
So I ordered my annual pass magic bands on monday and yesterday booked a resort stay at the caribbean beach resort and now it wants me to order more magicbands. So how many magicbands does disney want me to have since my family does stay at least 4 or 5 times a year for long weekends and such. Seems like something they need to figure out soon since thats just a waist for them to keep sending more. I called and they said I can just ignore the order (which i'm gonna do) and when we check in just have our annual pass bands linked to our room. But on the other hand, with my resort stay bands I can reserve fastpass+ 60 days out, but annual pass band only 30 days. So does that mean I can fastpass both sets of bands??? What do you guys think?

jl2081

Original Poster
Actually just thought about it and since the resort stay bands won't have a park ticket attached to them I guess that answers my question about fastpass's for those. But I do think that they need to figure this out so they don't keep offering magicbands to passholders everytime they book a room.

Tom

Beta Return
For now, Disney is sending Magic Bands for every resort stay. Once they're comfortable that most guests already have a set, they'll probably stop sending them automatically.

And since you're an AP holder, you got a set of Magic Bands for that recently too. Just keep collecting them, because they're going to keep sending them. You can link ALL of them to your My Disney Experience account, and they will work interchangeably.

Your privilege to book FP+ is granted only because you have park admission through the APs. So, since you booked a room-only stay, the Magic Bands that you get with that stay did not grant you additional FP+ reservations, because you don't have any tickets.

You will just be able to take advantage of the rolling 30-day option for now, I believe.

jl2081

Original Poster
i didnt get offered bands with my APs. I just got mine from my hotel ressie, though.
They actually never notified me that I could get them, I just so happened to login and notice that it said I had pending magicband orders. It's really stupid though, we just recently had to get my son his own annual pass since he's not free anymore so his pass is on a seperate timeframe than my wifes and mine. So when I logged in and saw we could get magicbands it was only for his pass. The next day then it prompted me that I could order my wifes and mine even though we are all linked together and I manage all accounts it made us do 2 seperate orders, with the 1 for my son being a day before I could order for the others.

Rob562

Your privilege to book FP+ is granted only because you have park admission through the APs. So, since you booked a room-only stay, the Magic Bands that you get with that stay did not grant you additional FP+ reservations, because you don't have any tickets.

You will just be able to take advantage of the rolling 30-day option for now, I believe.

Not quite right.
"AP holder only" gets you a window of 30 days for booking FP+.
"Disney Hotel Reservation + park admission" gets you a window of 60 days for booking FP+.

The AP fills the "park admission" requirement on the second, thus the poster will get a 60-day window to make their FP+ reservations for the time *during* their booked hotel stay. Also, if the reservation is for more than 7 days, they *should* have access to make reservations for all days on their trip, even though AP holders are only limited to 7 days' of reservations.

They actually never notified me that I could get them, I just so happened to login and notice that it said I had pending magicband orders. It's really stupid though, we just recently had to get my son his own annual pass since he's not free anymore so his pass is on a seperate timeframe than my wifes and mine. So when I logged in and saw we could get magicbands it was only for his pass. The next day then it prompted me that I could order my wifes and mine even though we are all linked together and I manage all accounts it made us do 2 seperate orders, with the 1 for my son being a day before I could order for the others.

They've been rolling out Bands a little at a time over the past week or so, most likely to mitigate the system getting flooded by everyone ordering them all at once. I've seen posts by families of 5 or 6 people who got their access over multiple days.
I think I saw where they were also starting to send out e-mails letting people know they could order them. Presumably there will be a bigger notification push in the next Mickey Monitor once everyone has access to order.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Not quite right.
"AP holder only" gets you a window of 30 days for booking FP+.
"Disney Hotel Reservation + park admission" gets you a window of 60 days for booking FP+.

The AP fills the "park admission" requirement on the second, thus the poster will get a 60-day window to make their FP+ reservations for the time *during* their booked hotel stay. Also, if the reservation is for more than 7 days, they *should* have access to make reservations for all days on their trip, even though AP holders are only limited to 7 days' of reservations.
-Rob

Thanks for the clarification Rob. That makes more sense.

jl2081

Original Poster
So how do I get to book 60 days out on my annual pass band if the hotel stay isn't linked to it until the day I check in? I'm a couple days away from being 60 out so if I can I will be able to in a couple days. The fact that they won't let you link your magicband at time of booking to the hotel stay (at least as of yet) and instead want to send you more bands just makes this whole thing that much more confusing.

ratherbeinwdw

So how do I get to book 60 days out on my annual pass band if the hotel stay isn't linked to it until the day I check in? I'm a couple days away from being 60 out so if I can I will be able to in a couple days. The fact that they won't let you link your magicband at time of booking to the hotel stay (at least as of yet) and instead want to send you more bands just makes this whole thing that much more confusing.
You reservation will be in your MDE account right away. All you do is link your AP, and you can make your fp's at 60 days.

jl2081

Original Poster
Will you be going to SWW? We'll be there on Friday.
Probably not, want to avoid those crowds although we do have ADR's for Holywood and Vine for the character breakfast on the 16th. I didn't realize it was SWW when we made these plans (not starwars fans sorry). So we'll be at the other parks for the most of that part of the trip.

loveofamouse

When I went and got my AP eCert activated to tickets, it automatically added the AP bands to my MDE as well as FP+ for any day. When I got home, I was able to order our AP MBs. So, now, we will have two sets plus our cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom