Annual Passholder Question

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Probably a silly question but how long is an annual pass good for? Is it exactly 365 days? If I got get December 19th of last year will it end December 19th of this year?

MrHappy

It's 366 days. So it expires on the 1 year anniversary that you activated it. Know that when you purchase it is not the anniversary. The anniversary is the date when you go to the park for entry the first time. Then if you want to renew, you get a 15% discount, and you have a 30 grace period after your anniversary expiration date. Your anniversary date will always be the same.

That's the issue I'm having - I called and talked to 3 CMs (2 of 3 confirmed this). Although my initial activation was March 6 2019, thus making that my anniversary/expiration date forever, I really want the "clock to start ticking" when I activate the renewed AP on May 14 2020. But this they do not allow. If I want a new anniversary date, I need to let the original AP expire then get a new AP and activate it May 14 at the parks upon my first entry, but I lose the 15% discount.

Hope that helps!

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
It's 366 days. So it expires on the 1 year anniversary that you activated it. Know that when you purchase it is not the anniversary. The anniversary is the date when you go to the park for entry the first time. Then if you want to renew, you get a 15% discount, and you have a 30 grace period after your anniversary expiration date. Your anniversary date will always be the same.

That's the issue I'm having - I called and talked to 3 CMs (2 of 3 confirmed this). Although my initial activation was March 6 2019, thus making that my anniversary/expiration date forever, I really want the "clock to start ticking" when I activate the renewed AP on May 14 2020. But this they do not allow. If I want a new anniversary date, I need to let the original AP expire then get a new AP and activate it May 14 at the parks upon my first entry, but I lose the 15% discount.

Hope that helps!

Yes, that helps very much! Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom