Rumor Annual passes change ?

Freshee61

Original Poster
So don’t know if this is new or old news.
I was at Epcot by spaceship earth store Yesterday and clerk was informing customer AP passes will no longer have block out dates but will have a certain amount of entries.
Is this true? 16 entries.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So don’t know if this is new or old news.
I was at Epcot by spaceship earth store Yesterday and clerk was informing customer AP passes will no longer have block out dates but will have a certain amount of entries.
Is this true?
While I can't find any official verbiage restricting APs to a limited number of entries, the terms and conditions on the official WDW annual pass page start with this sentence: "Passes do not guarantee theme park admission, especially during high attendance periods."

So they can cut off AP holders any time they feel like it...

Bender123

While I can't find any official verbiage restricting APs to a limited number of entries, the terms and conditions on the official WDW annual pass page start with this sentence: "Passes do not guarantee theme park admission, especially during high attendance periods."

So they can cut off AP holders any time they feel like it...

All passes say that...Its due to capacity issues at any of the parks. If the gates close, due to crowds, then an AP is just like any other ticket and you can be turned away.

dreamfinder

That's basically just a multi day ticket, with a 365 expiration window. They have done tickets like this for FL Res in the past, so it's not unheard of. Maybe trying a mini AP for FL Res? I can't see it lasting long though, they would specifically want to be able to black out DHS one SWL opens.

Freshee61

Original Poster
That's basically just a multi day ticket, with a 365 expiration window. They have done tickets like this for FL Res in the past, so it's not unheard of. Maybe trying a mini AP for FL Res? I can't see it lasting long though, they would specifically want to be able to black out DHS one SWL opens.

Thats it! 100% correct.

NearTheEars

I would be interested in a pass that would let us go for two days each month with free parking and no blackouts. That's about what we average right now and we have gold level.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As a note a friend sent me a message that at Epcot they are giving everyone who parks a receipt. So even APs have to get a receipt saying parking is comped and total $0.

Sounds like a way to track AP usage for free parking, which means they are looking at it, most likely for "cost containment" purposes. *sigh*

fgmnt

As a note a friend sent me a message that at Epcot they are giving everyone who parks a receipt. So even APs have to get a receipt saying parking is comped and total $0.
Didn't get a receipt anywhere last week, but they almost always tapped us in on an iPhone. They are collecting data on parking but that does not seem too surprising?

I don't see this kind of ticket overtaking APs, but probably introduced as another alternative that will be coupled with another price hike. Something like this would come in at the Weekday Select rate, then everything else gets brought up in price.

Rteetz

Didn't get a receipt anywhere last week, but they almost always tapped us in on an iPhone. They are collecting data on parking but that does not seem too surprising?

I don't see this kind of ticket overtaking APs, but probably introduced as another alternative that will be coupled with another price hike. Something like this would come in at the Weekday Select rate, then everything else gets brought up in price.
Yeah it seems to have just started today at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom