Annual Pass Question

Scooter

My wife and I booked and paid for an 8 day stay at WDW in October. We have since decided that we want to go back again in May of 2004.

We currently have the Ultimate Park Hopper passes.

My question is: Can we upgrade these Ultimate Park Hopper passes to Annual Passes once we arrive? We are willing to pay the extra $$ for the Premium Annual Passes but aren't sure if we can do this.

Anyone Know if this is do-able?

Thanks in advance.

ddbutts1

Yes, it's doable you'll have to choose between annual pass that has access to everything(PI, water parks, etc) or the just park passes. The Ultimate Pass is quite expensive. We changed on our last day of our lenght of stay so the AP would go longer.

Upvote 0

ADStang

The annual pass would also provide a discount on your hotel room. We saved over $100/night on our 7/24-7/29 stay at AKL. It paid for itself (they never even asked to see it).

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Beware, Anual passes are likely to make you add an extra vacation.

We got annual passes for myself and hubby last March 2003. We planned to return Jan 2004 for 2 trips. When planning our summer vacation this year (we were thinking Califorina for the 1st time) hubby said, lets just do WDW again, after all the parks are paid for. Since DD will be 3 until March 2004 she is also free. So we will have 3 trips for a total of 26 days on this annual pass. In fact we keep thinking, if we were at WDW right now it would be free to get in the parks. :brick: too bad Michigan is a tad far away for a day trip!

We leave for your second trip on this pass in 8 days.

If you do 2 trips with in 12 months, it is worth it.

I don't know if UPH can be upgraded, but I know normal park hoppers can, I I think UPH can. I would call just to be sure. We didn't get the Premium passes, since DD is young and the extras woudln't be worth it, but we do plan to buy tickets to TL and BB this aug trip (there is a discount for AP holders.)

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Why not just cancel the other package you are getting. You are still very far away from the cancellation period so there shouldn't be any penalty. Then you can go ahead and book a room only and then you can get your AP's also. Just thinking it may be easier and avoid you getting in to a confusing mess.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Why not just cancel the other package you are getting. You are still very far away from the cancellation period so there shouldn't be any penalty. Then you can go ahead and book a room only and then you can get your AP's also. Just thinking it may be easier and avoid you getting in to a confusing mess.

I don't want to cancel the package because of the Discounts we are getting. We purchased the Fairytale Vacation Package and get 7 nights at the Contemporary for the price of 4. I'd hate to lose that.

That's why I am thinking Disney might not allow us to switch to an Annual Pass.

We Emailed Disney today and asked them directly. Better to hear it from the horses mouth. We should be hearing back from them soon.

Thanks for all your responces! You guys are GREAT! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Scooter

Original Poster
Here is the "Official" answer back from The Disney People:

Hello!

Thank you for your recent ticket inquiry. Unfortunately, since the Ultimate Park Hopper tickets are a package booking, they would NOT be able to be upgraded to the Annual Passes. If you have any futher questions please feel free to contact us again.
Thank You!

Cris
Communications Center
Walk Disney World Ticketing
(407) 566-4985
"Memories Made, One Ticket At A Time"

Thanks for all your responces people!:)
Although I didn't get the answer I had hoped for, three good things came out of this.

1) I learned that Disney questions are best asked directly to the Disney People..sorry if I wasted anyones time here.
2) Maybe this info will help other Disney World travelers.
3) I learned that there are still nice people in this world who will take the time to help others with preoblems..no matter how large or small.

Once again...Thank you fellow Disney Fans! You're the BEST! :sohappy:

Scooter

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom