Annual Pass/Magic Bands

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
Question about Annual Passes and Magic Bands. So last month, I booked a room at a Disney Resort (I did not purchase any tickets at the time), and so they sent me a MB for my room reservation, even though I had NO park tickets. The packaging was Incredibles. When I got there, I purchased my AP at the gate, and then linked my AP to my MB.

So my question is this: I'm going to WDW in two weeks, but I'm staying off property this time. I've seen a lot of people posting pictures of their MB's they've gotten that have special "AP" boxes and packaging, etc. Should I have gotten a MB after I bought my AP that had all of the the fun AP packaging, or did they just not send me one since I already had one from my original resort reservation?

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Yes - there is a AP MB just for us. I had customized my August trip MB then a few days later I saw that there was another link for me to customize my AP MB. So I guess this means I am getting 2 MBs in the coming weeks :)

travellerman

I'm going to be getting an AP and will buy it online, but since I'm not in the United States I assume that I will pick it up when I get there. Will I still be able to get an AP magic band? I'm asking cause they don't send the normal magicbands out of the States and pick them up at hotel. Is it different with AP Magicbands?

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
I'm going to be getting an AP and will buy it online, but since I'm not in the United States I assume that I will pick it up when I get there. Will I still be able to get an AP magic band? I'm asking cause they don't send the normal magicbands out of the States and pick them up at hotel. Is it different with AP Magicbands?

That I'm not sure of :oops:. Anyone know?

PeoplemoverTTA

Yes - there is a AP MB just for us. I had customized my August trip MB then a few days later I saw that there was another link for me to customize my AP MB. So I guess this means I am getting 2 MBs in the coming weeks :)

You will get two - I got my AP magic band about 4 weeks ago for my trip (I leave 3 weeks from today - woo hoo!). Last week, we got magic bands for our hotel reservation as well - the other people in my party aren't passholders, but we registered their tickets on My Disney Experience.

I called, and they told me just to take my passholder Magic Band to the hotel at check-in and they'll add my room to it, so apparently I don't need to bring the "extra" one they sent. Seems like a waste of resources on their part!

I am still confused about what I have to do with my Memory Maker, though, lol. I ordered it online and connected it to my reservation, but I have no idea if I have to do something when we arrive to "connect" it to our Magic Bands. I used to be so savvy, but this stuff is a little confusing. It's for my wedding/honeymoon, so I don't want to mess anything up!

disneypearl

I just guessed they would send me an annual pass magic band with the cards & all as well. We got our magic bands without identification of being a passholder. That's alright I guess, but would have liked it. I didn't know to order through the passholder site. Could they possibly give us the cards when I pick up my passes from will call?
Our vacation starts in a little over a week so no time to try website. Any ideas?

disney4life2008

I just guessed they would send me an annual pass magic band with the cards & all as well. We got our magic bands without identification of being a passholder. That's alright I guess, but would have liked it. I didn't know to order through the passholder site. Could they possibly give us the cards when I pick up my passes from will call?
Our vacation starts in a little over a week so no time to try website. Any ideas?

Once you link your AP to MDE there will be a option to customize your AP MB. The AP MB is different from the regular MB but you will get both. For my August trip I got the AP MB and another MB for the vacation package. Call the passholder number - if you have a little over a week you should get it within 3 days especially if you do it today or tuesday.

TheMouseFan

You will get two - I got my AP magic band about 4 weeks ago for my trip (I leave 3 weeks from today - woo hoo!). Last week, we got magic bands for our hotel reservation as well - the other people in my party aren't passholders, but we registered their tickets on My Disney Experience.

I called, and they told me just to take my passholder Magic Band to the hotel at check-in and they'll add my room to it, so apparently I don't need to bring the "extra" one they sent. Seems like a waste of resources on their part!

I am still confused about what I have to do with my Memory Maker, though, lol. I ordered it online and connected it to my reservation, but I have no idea if I have to do something when we arrive to "connect" it to our Magic Bands. I used to be so savvy, but this stuff is a little confusing. It's for my wedding/honeymoon, so I don't want to mess anything up!
You do not have to do anything once it is purchased. Just have them scan your band when they take any pics and they will show up in your account. Ride pics show up automatically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom