Annual Pass increase amount??

linn9431

We are going to WDW on May 31 and were going to pick up our AAA annual pass on our way down in Georgia at a AAA branch because they will not sell them over the phone or internet if you are not in AAA South. We save $20 a pass for a total of $80. My question is would you wait or pay full price on disney now? How much will they probably go up? I know its a gamble but if they are going to raise like DL I'm not going to wait.

timeman

Wait until you go down. Chances are when Disneyworld raises it's prices it will be in June or August. Last year it was in June, but the previous years it was in August. The other thing is if prices do go up before your trip you will still have time to buy them before the price increase. You will see postings on this site two days before they go up. If they go up on a Sunday you will start to see postings here that Friday.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

What are you going to pay in gas to make the trip? You could do better, and not have to drive if you order from Undercover Tourist. They have 10 day MYW No Expire for 523.95 per adult. Gate price is 549.54. Current AP price is 552.74. So you would need to use them once, and then have them bridged to upgrade to an AP, and pay an additional 3.20 per. For a total of 527.15. If AAA is saving you 20, that means you are paying 532.74 per. So 5.59 or so each. Tax may change by a few cents, but its close enough for gov't work.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The other thing to remember is that AAA has already BOUGHT the tickets from Disney. They are an authorized reseller. Lets say tickets are $100 from Disney (oh how I wish).

AAA buys 1,000 of them, and because of volume, gets them for $90 each. They then sell them for $95.

Very often, even if the Disney price goes up, they will continue to sell their old stock of tickets at the old price until they run out and have to re-buy.

My job contracts with a discount reseller and I get cheaper tickets through work. Last price increase, the same thing happend. My work website had tickets at the old discounted price for 2 or 3 months after the Disney price went up.

-dave

Upvote 0

Annielkd

We are going to WDW on May 31 and were going to pick up our AAA annual pass on our way down in Georgia at a AAA branch because they will not sell them over the phone or internet if you are not in AAA South. We save $20 a pass for a total of $80. My question is would you wait or pay full price on disney now? How much will they probably go up? I know its a gamble but if they are going to raise like DL I'm not going to wait.

I believe they will not increase the price till at least June. So, get them when you go down. Also, I would pay 20$ more for an annual pass because you can get discounts on other things that you can't get with a 10 day no expiration.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom