Annual Pass & FP+ Question

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I will be purchasing the 13 month annual passes before the deadline. We are not going to WDW until June 2017. I know the FP+ cannot be booked until 30-days out if staying offsite. My question is this...

If the APs are not yet activated, can I still make the FP+ selections at the 30 day mark?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I will be purchasing the 13 month annual passes before the deadline. We are not going to WDW until June 2017. I know the FP+ cannot be booked until 30-days out if staying offsite. My question is this...

If the APs are not yet activated, can I still make the FP+ selections at the 30 day mark?
You can register the voucher you receive for your APs in the My Disney Experience account and it will give you access to booking FP+ as though you have valid ticket media linked to the account.

cinderellafan6

Yup. I bought my daughters so I could book the fast passes. But will be going to Disney Springs the night before the parks to activate it so I don;t have to deal with the ticket windows at the Magic Kingdom

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I do hate that I cant get her magic band till the pass is activated.

You mean that we cannot reserve FP+ without the annual pass being activate? That defeats the purpose of having one. If you have a vacation planned with an offsite stay, you won't be able to get FPs. They should at least allow you to go to MDE, enter the date to activate the pass, and be able to use that as the start window. All they have to do is put a caveat there that this will be the date the AP starts whether you activate it or not on that date.

I confirmed with the CM on the phone that the APs do not need to be activated to make FP+ selections 30-days out. They do have to be linked to your account on MDE though.

Last edited:

Herah

You mean that we cannot reserve FP+ without the annual pass being activate? That defeats the purpose of having one. If you have a vacation planned with an offsite stay, you won't be able to get FPs. They should at least allow you to go to MDE, enter the date to activate the pass, and be able to use that as the start window. All they have to do is put a caveat there that this will be the date the AP starts whether you activate it or not on that date.

I confirmed with the CM on the phone that the APs do not need to be activated to make FP+ selections 30-days out. They do have to be linked to your account on MDE though.
Getting the Magic Band and reserving FP+ are two completely different things.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Misunderstood. I read that you can get a Magic Band shipped to you prior to activation as long as there is sufficient time to do so. At least that is what the FAQ is showing.

AndrewsJ

Misunderstood. I read that you can get a Magic Band shipped to you prior to activation as long as there is sufficient time to do so. At least that is what the FAQ is showing.
I think you are correct. I think I was allowed to order my Magicband once I registered my AP but it has been awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom