Annual Pass Discounts????

R&RsMom

Does anyone have experience using the annual pass discount on their hotel? We are going in mid-Oct and I figured the discounts wouldn't come out until July or Aug but what are the chances of there being rooms left to use that discount?

Sloan

absolutely

As an AP holder, there are significant discounts available, but you are correct that you might have to wait for them to come out. (though probably not as late as August). I've usually not had any problem finding a discounted resort room, as long as you act quickly when the rates become available. Keep an eye out here and the the official Disney site, and don't delay when the new 'codes' are announced. You'll find on the Disney site that there is a special area for AP holders, and the discount packages are released there - you will probably need the code from the back of your pass to access that part of the site.

Upvote 0

Sloan

doubt it

While I'm not certain, I think that the discounts are only available to those who currently hold the pass. I'm sure that others here will know the answer. Perhaps a call to Disney is in order ...

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

Originally posted by R&RsMom
I haven't bought the pass yet. Can I still make a reservation without having bought the pass?

Yes you can make reservation without having bought pass yet... You will need them at check-in !!! We are doing just that for up coming trip in June :sohappy: .

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Sloan

that's true ...

Now that I think of it, I've not needed the pass when I made my reservations - I just assumed they knew that I had it from the name - I guess that as long as you can present one when you check in, you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

R&RsMom

Original Poster
If I actually purchase the pass before we arrive can I get it to be effective the first day that I use it? Also, I thought I had heard that the pass had to be validated at one of the parks. Does that mean that before check-in I have to go to one of the parks??

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Did you receive a Green Pass that says "Exchange Voucher?" If you buy the pass before you go, this is what you will get.

This is the voucher that you have to take to one of the Guest Relations windows at the Park. You will have to show the voucher and your ID and they will give you the Annual Pass. Once you get the pass, it will have a date on it. This is your "Anniversary Date." The date on the pass will be the date that you exchanged the voucher for the pass. You are able to use the AP on the same day.

Now, if you want to renew next year for a AP, you must renew by the "Anniversary Date" to get the renewal discount.

Example: You exchange the voucher on 9/1/04, the "Anniversary Date" will be 9/1/05.

I hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0

swimmom

When exchanging your voucher for the actual pass, be sure to check the date before you walk away. I have heard that sometimes the date is the purchase date rather than the activation date. It can be corrected immediately without a problem, but not as easily if you come back later.

Upvote 0

Sloan

shop discounts

You get 10% off at World of Disney (downtown) as well as lunch discounts at many sit-down places, discounts on tours, etc.. In my experience, it's the resort discounts that are the most singnificant, and why our passes have always paid for themselves. You'll get a complete list of all discounts when you purcahse the AP, so you won't have to wonder ... It might also be available on-line at the 'official' Disney site, but you might need the AP code to access that area

Upvote 0

csm7030

We are going to WDW the first week of September. The AP room rates are not out yet, but I called the AP customer service number and was told that I could reserve the room now. When and/if a discount rate is published for the dates of our stay, they can apply the code. Hopefully, they were not providing misinformation. Either way, we're going!!!

If the information was not correct, I guess I can always try to get a new reservation at the discounted rate. If successful, I can then cancel the current reservation.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

csm7030, they let me reserve 3 rooms for 10 nights in June w/o having the ap rates out. THen the day the ap rates were issued I called immediately to have the rates changed to reflect the ap rates. You will get the ap rates if they are still available when you call back to adjust your costs. So don't wait, as soon as the ap rates are issued you need to call, this way you'll get your ap rates for the dates you need. we had no problems and this was for the first part of june.

Upvote 0

phlydude

Since the AP discount codes are not out for autumn yet, you would need to make a reservation at the resort of your choice for the room category you want and pay the 1 night deposit. Once AP codes come out, you can call reservations back up and have them apply the discount code to your existing reservation. They'll even send out a mailed reconfirmation of the change.:sohappy:

One of the best perks of the AP discounts is 50% for you and 3 guests at any Disney mini-golf course (Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland). Take a group 3 times during a trip and you are buying 6 getting 6 free. That'll save you some real "green".:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom