KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
How come Tokyo Disney is getting this:
5w9u7vfw3h321.gif

But Disney World got this:
tumblr_o959daciRd1swp3bdo1_250.gif

But we did get something like Tokyo Disney with this:
tumblr_oq42thnQo91tajeiwo1_400.gif

Was Frozen Ever After a generation behind or did they not put in the funds for the newer animatronics?

Voxel

President of Progress City
How come Tokyo Disney is getting this:
5w9u7vfw3h321.gif

But Disney World got this:
tumblr_o959daciRd1swp3bdo1_250.gif

But we did get something like Tokyo Disney with this:
tumblr_oq42thnQo91tajeiwo1_400.gif

Was Frozen Ever After a generation behind or did they not put in the funds for the newer animatronics?
Sadly I'm only seeing one of the gifs/images at this moment so it's hard for me to answer this at this moment. If I could see the images I might be able to provide more insight.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Sadly I'm only seeing one of the gifs/images at this moment so it's hard for me to answer this at this moment. If I could see the images I might be able to provide more insight.
Hmm.
First gif is Beauty from the new upcoming ride in Tokyo.

The second gif is Anna from Frozen Ever After with the projected face,

and the third gif is the Avatar animatronic from Navi River Journey.

Voxel

Hmm.
First gif is Beauty from the new upcoming ride in Tokyo.

The second gif is Anna from Frozen Ever After with the projected face,

and the third gif is the Avatar animatronic from Navi River Journey.
Ahhh okay doky.. So my understanding of the Animatronic Generations Bell, and Avatar Priestess are all from the same Generation of animatronics in terms of capabilities and motion control, while Anna and the others are based on the design utilized in Mine Train. The Frozen animatronics had a lot of time constraint issues, and according to a few friends who worked on the project they barely completed them in time. They chose to go with a limited animatronic that would be simpler to implement in the two years they had to work on the ride. Meanwhile the incomplete animatronic you see with Belle is probably 2+ years of development based on the time frame of when they announced the ride, and they still have over a year until it needs to be ready for the public.

I hope that was easy to understand. But in short, the capabilities of an Animatronic depends on Budget and Time to get the most realistic solutions. When you limit the budget or time, you tend to fall back on previously used designed and modify them for the new designs.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Ahhh okay doky.. So my understanding of the Animatronic Generations Bell, and Avatar Priestess are all from the same Generation of animatronics in terms of capabilities and motion control, while Anna and the others are based on the design utilized in Mine Train. The Frozen animatronics had a lot of time constraint issues, and according to a few friends who worked on the project they barely completed them in time. They chose to go with a limited animatronic that would be simpler to implement in the two years they had to work on the ride. Meanwhile the incomplete animatronic you see with Belle is probably 2+ years of development based on the time frame of when they announced the ride, and they still have over a year until it needs to be ready for the public.

I hope that was easy to understand. But in short, the capabilities of an Animatronic depends on Budget and Time to get the most realistic solutions. When you limit the budget or time, you tend to fall back on previously used designed and modify them for the new designs.
Ah! Yeah, that makes a whole lot more sense, thank you. I just hope in Disney World, we will get to see that newer technology in the near future there.

Voxel

Ah! Yeah, that makes a whole lot more sense, thank you. I just hope in Disney World, we will get to see that newer technology in the near future there.
I believe you will see some impressive animatronics in Star Wars, but the big reason why is how Tokyo Disney ultimate operates. They own their self, so they only have to pay Disney's Fees. What happens to the other Disney Parks doesn't effect what they do for the most part.

After seeing Tokyo Disney, I really wish Disneyland and Disney World would operate more like the Tokyo parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom