Animal Kingdom vs Islands of Adventure

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
1-Day Disney's Animal Kingdom Park Itinerary - Disney Tourist Blog
Tickets on Sale Now for Disney After Hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom |  Disney Parks Blog
A-Z Coaster of the Week: Expedition Everest - Coaster101

Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure Rides, Tickets, Photos
Islands of Adventure Christmas Report - Disney Tourist Blog
Universal's Islands of Adventure Ride Guide - Disney Tourist Blog

Let's say that you have one single day in the Orlando area, and you can only go to one of these two parks. Which would you pick?
Both parks have excellent rides, great themed lands and immersion, and overall rely on a fun theme park experience.
Which park is superior, has better rides, more fun, etc? Which is the better park? Discuss.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Apples to oranges... these two parks are so different I would find it difficult to compare the two. Animal Kingdom (to me) is a much more laid back, "let's go explore at our own pace and see where it leads us" type park. Islands of Adventure is much more of a high thrills, high adrenalin park (plus it has Harry Potter which I'm a bit of a sucker for). IOA is also much closer tied to the IPs so your level of enjoyment depends greatly on your own personal tie to the IPs. Right NOW if I had to choose between the two? I'd pick IOA, but that's really only because I haven't been there since Velocicoaster opened and I'm yearning to give that ride a go.

DisneyFanatic12

If you want to spend a single day and feel like you’ve done a ton of stuff? Islands of Adventure.

On the other hand, if it’s a single day after a vacation or the end of of a long travel, AK would be more relaxing and prettier.

BlakeW39

This is a hard one.

IOA has far more rides, but DAK has more consistent quality, depth, and outside of rides is superior in virtually every other category.

So I'll take DAK. but it's close. DAK really needs more attractions and it doesn't help that the ones they do have are half working. That imo is the strongest argument for IOA.

JIMINYCR

IoA if my day is geared for more thrills and action. AK if I’m in the mood for wandering around leisurely and including moments of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom