Animal Kingdom Nighttime show when?

Starship824

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It has been 4 years and one day since "Rivers of Light" was confirmed to not be coming back after the COVID closures. Animal Kingdom barely stays open past 5 PM. With the revitalization of the park with the Tropical Americas replacing Dino Land USA and the possibility of a Lion King attraction. I think it's time for a new night time show. A new show with fountains water screens, fire effects and drones could work very well at Animal Kingdom. The Rivers Of Light Amphitheater has set dormant for the last 2 years since "Kite Tails" and we all know how that went. So is there any chance that in the near future a brand new show will light up in Animal Kingdom at night? Or will we just be stuck with the park closing at 5:00 p.m. for the rest of eternity?

TTA94

It is unfortunate the night parade at MK is the only new entertainment offering thats coming soon. I am definitely not complaining about that though. DAK does need a nighttime show even something temporary for now. It was briefly said to expect more drones somewhere but that seemed to have died off or at least there’s no indication it’s happening anytime soon. Yes there is always the chance of secret projects in the works but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Starship824

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It is unfortunate the night parade at MK is the only new entertainment offering thats coming soon. I am definitely not complaining about that though. DAK does need a nighttime show even something temporary for now. It was briefly said to expect more drones somewhere but that seemed to have died off or at least there’s no indication it’s happening anytime soon. Yes there is always the chance of secret projects in the works but I’m not gonna hold my breath.
It is possible that they're developing some kind of animal kingdom drone show without us knowing. I don't think many people really knew about Disney Dreams that Soar up until it was announced. We had the hints with testing over Disney Springs, but other than that there was really no indication that it was coming aside from little hints from insiders. However, it doesn't seem like anyone's been giving those for Animal Kingdom lately, sadly.

Starship824

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If only they had been able to fix the drones for “Rivers of Light”. The show would still be here.
It makes no sense that they decided to just throw out all the Rivers of light infrastructure. If they didn't get rid of it, they could have maybe just added in some more fountain barges and added drones in a completely new show and it would have been a smash hit in my opinion. Yet here we are.

TrainsOfDisney

If I was the park or WDW president I would get a local team going on a simple show that could be shown somewhat continuously. Just let guests wander into the amphitheater and watch it in the evening. Kinda like the projection shows, which should also return.

I’m not sure what fountains they still have or did they trash them? Some simple fountains dancing with lights and then a band coming out to play some music on those boats.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If I was the park or WDW president I would get a local team going on a simple show that could be shown somewhat continuously. Just let guests wander into the amphitheater and watch it in the evening. Kinda like the projection shows, which should also return.

I’m not sure what fountains they still have or did they trash them? Some simple fountains dancing with lights and then a band coming out to play some music on those boats.
The problem they have is if they keep the park open later can they justify the cost of labor expenses with the amount of people there. With not much in AK especially new drawing people in, it would be difficult.

They definitely need to bring a night show back sometime however. Something that can be performed multiple times

ToTBellHop

If they build Indy, Encanto, and Lion King as indoor rides, they might finally have enough to support nighttime hours. Nighttime safaris were a bust so they won’t try that again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom