Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannas

Dukeblue1227

Hey, I wasn't able to really find anywhere online (let alone this site) somewhere with a good description or even comparison of the different Savannas at the AKL; Sunset, Arusha, Uzima.

I'm just curious to know which one's people have stayed at before and what their opinions of them are?

I mean are they all pretty similar, are some of the views better than others? Just any insight and opinions on the three different savanna views would be greatly appreciated!

I just booked a room at AKL for a Savanna view and then got to thinking; maybe I can request a certain one? And if I can at the least request (which I realize guarantees nothing) what the overall consensus is on them.

Thanks so much for any information; or if there has been a thread out there in the past I can't find, even just a link to such would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DisneyBunny

Joe!! Planning a trip with your sweetie?? :lookaroun

When we stayed at Kidani, we orginally got a room overlooking the tiny little Pembe Savannah. There were just a scattering of waterbucks and other such "deer-like" animals, which was a total dealbreaker for us. I mean, they were perfectly nice animals, but my 2 year old doesn't know what a Kudu is to save her life. Giraffes and Zebra on the other hand she knows. So we had to move to a room facing the Sunset Savannah, which was much nicer, and had a much wider selection of animals.

Here's the maps for Kidani - They share the sunset savannah with Jambo house

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-conten...ge-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-Villas.jpg

Upvote 0

jeffk410

I stayed at Jambo House, which I would reccommend, I was on the Arusha savannah. I spent time at both Arusha and Uzima. Loved them both. Can;t go wrong!

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

I have stayed in Jambo house with all 3 savannah views, although my Sunset view was obstructed by tree tops.

Sunset has Ostiriches (sp?), the others don't. In my experience, that is its only "pro". Therefore it is my least favorite, but see above.

Uzima is very good. A fair amount of activity and variety. Giraffes are here and can be fairly close. I do not REMEMBER seeing Zebras on this side.

Arusha is very good. Lots of ankoli (sp?) cattle, giraffe, and Zebra. I like the landscaping here the best. It is vast, so while animals can be far away, you are more likely to see some on the basis of acreage.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I like this thread! Was thinking the same thing myself, as we are staying in the villas, Jambo House with a savanna view. I would also like to know which one is best to request to get the best views of the animals. (We want giraffes) :wave:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

I've stayed in rooms that overlooked both Arusha and Uzima. Both have impressed me, but in different ways.

Arusha has a lot more going on visually. Arusha rock is there, there are more trees and, if you're closer to the lobby, you can see all the visitors to the hotel stepping out to have a look at the animals. Since you're in the center of the lodge, you can also see the other side of the hotel. Arusha also has zebras and ankole cattle.

Here's a panoramic view of Arusha:

4693340453_48e3d90755_b.jpg

Uzima feels much more remote because you can't see as much of the hotel. The room we had was at the end of the savannah, giving us a much longer view than people in rooms that run the main hallway of the lodge. It was wonderful in the morning. Very quiet. It has mostly giraffes and a variety of deerlike animals. (Honestly don't know what they were.)

Here's a panoramic view of Uzima:

4025881163_82b4af8bc5_b.jpg

But it really can be luck of the draw. I'm sure the balconies across from us at Uzima had a pretty crappy view. The chances of having a good view are better at Arusha. Either way, it's a beautiful hotel. We love it there.

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1227

Original Poster
Thank you everyone very much for all the info so far!!!

It's bad I'm legit like stressing myself out over it, haha.

I put in the request for a Uzima view room though; I want to be able to see Zebras, but more than that want the remote feel.

Thanks again so much!

(oh and Bun....... maybe...... :lookaroun :eek:)

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I think I'm going to request Arusha savanna b/c that's where the zebras are (it says giraffes are on all 3). Should I request a room closer to the lobby, or farther out toward the ends? Which would give a better view?

Upvote 0

meganw1985

Wow I would have never thought to get a room closer to the lobby as I would think the view would be SO much better out on the ends. So thanks! :wave:

Aren't all the villas on the top 2 floors anyway? We're staying in a studio savanna view and I was thinking they were close to the top anyway, so I wouldn't have to request that...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom