Animal Kingdom Lodge or Coronado Springs Tower Room

MissViv

Original Poster
You’re going to LOVE it!!!

Thank you!! I have agonized over this for days now and glad I made the right decision. It is myself and my SIL (leaving hubs at home) and we want a memorable trip.

A couple of years ago, we went together and stayed at the Poly. We had booked a standard room, and to our surprise were upgraded to Club Level. It was her FIRST time at Disney and we had a blast. She said it was the best hotel/resort she had ever stayed in. WAIT TILL SHE SEES AKL. She is going to be even more amazed!

Ghostdog

Thank you!! I have agonized over this for days now and glad I made the right decision. It is myself and my SIL (leaving hubs at home) and we want a memorable trip.

A couple of years ago, we went together and stayed at the Poly. We had booked a standard room, and to our surprise were upgraded to Club Level. It was her FIRST time at Disney and we had a blast. She said it was the best hotel/resort she had ever stayed in. WAIT TILL SHE SEES AKL. She is going to be even more amazed!
It really is one of the most unique resorts you’ll stay at. We enjoyed the pool area also. We had originally booked a pool view room but I upgraded at the last minute. When we arrived I was less than thrilled with the view we had, and since I paid an additional $600 for the upgrade I wanted to be satisfied. I told my family not to sit on the beds or use the facilities because I was going to get us moved. The CM at the desk said there was one other SV room left but it was almost at the end of the hall. We didn’t mind the walk because our view from our balcony was absolutely fantastic every time we went out on it. There was a watering hole right outside our room which was always active with animals.
47BB1232-1913-40C9-9C92-C0AD4D58739C.jpeg
D90E7CC5-1957-4D9E-BDEC-75E4E3F11F6F.jpeg
69134796-8980-48D5-ABAD-CE90924E7B17.jpeg
1C2AF59C-782C-4E44-A2BB-340F6EA4A4B8.jpeg

Last edited:

MissViv

Original Poster
It really is one of the most unique resorts you’ll stay at. We enjoyed the pool area also. We had originally booked a pool view room but I upgraded at the last minute. When we arrived I was less than thrilled with the view we had, and since I paid an additional $600 for the upgrade I wanted to be satisfied. I told my family not to sit on the beds or use the facilities because I was going to get us moved. The CM at the desk said there was one other SV room left but it was almost at the end of the hall. We didn’t mind the walk because our view from our balcony was absolutely fantastic every time we went out on it. There was a watering hole right outside our room which was always active with animals.
View attachment 391796View attachment 391797View attachment 391798View attachment 391799

WOW - what a view! Thanks for the pictures. I requested a room close to the lobby should I change that to up my chances for a better room?

Ghostdog

WOW - what a view! Thanks for the pictures. I requested a room close to the lobby should I change that to up my chances for a better room?
That I don’t know. Maybe ask for a room with a full view of the savanna.

Our first room felt as though it was a partial view, almost seemed to be looking into the notched in area of the building and not an area that looked as though any animals would ever or had ever visited. It was in where the birds are on the map, just odd and felt very enclosed.

The room we got moved to was on the zebra trail side of the savanna (way at the end) and EXACTLY what we had expected a SV view room to be...animals galore!! Here’s a map
5DB8DD5B-633B-4EE8-B06E-C115C32EFA49.jpeg

Last edited:

Nottamus

We have made our decision and upgraded to the AKL Savanna View! WOW!!

Finally decided that this will be a unique experience for us and will enjoy a laid back vacation enjoying the animals and good food at AKL.

We are DVC owners at AKL, we go twice a year: April and November.

I have never been bitten by a single mosquito at AKL. I have at Pop Century for some reason...

Anyway, AKL, you're going to like it there. Besides the Savanna view rooms, there are many overlooks and just cool things to look at. Theres a shuttle every 10 minutes both ways to Kidani too..Sanaa is a great place to eat. The bread service...

Coronado Springs was our first resort in Disney...always holds a special place for us...but AKL...for the win!

congrats, and have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom