Animal Kingdom Lodge -First time stay

Ghostdog

Original Poster
We're two weeks out from our first stay at a deluxe resort. We will be celebrating my sons HS graduation and his 18th birthday. We have a pool view room booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone stayed here with a pool view room and gotten an awesome view? If so please share your room number and anything else you can. Thanks!

Ghostdog

Original Poster
I'm assuming the high floors have a better view of the pool. Any chance of also seeing animals from a pool view room?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're two weeks out from our first stay at a deluxe resort. We will be celebrating my sons HS graduation and his 18th birthday. We have a pool view room booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone stayed here with a pool view room and gotten an awesome view? If so please share your room number and anything else you can. Thanks!

Excellent choice...a truly one of a kind place.

As far as views go...and opinions vary...I have never really cared for the “savannah” views...

It’s cool I guess...but the distance and design of the “emergency pens” (for the people) means you’re 30 feet above the action. I’ve stayed in many rooms and that isn’t the highlight for me.

The pool area gives a nice view of the design of the place. And if you want to really see the animals...you need to go down onto the overlooks or into the pool anyway.

Have a great time. Highly recommend jiko and Sanaa

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Excellent choice...a truly one of a kind place.

As far as views go...and opinions vary...I have never really cared for the “savannah” views...

It’s cool I guess...but the distance and design of the “emergency pens” (for the people) means you’re 30 feet above the action. I’ve stayed in many rooms and that isn’t the highlight for me.

The pool area gives a nice view of the design of the place. And if you want to really see the animals...you need to go down onto the overlooks or into the pool anyway.

Have a great time. Highly recommend jiko and Sanaa
Thanks for the tips.
Sanaa is one of our favorite places to eat, we’ll be enjoying dinner there our second night and we can not wait!!

HouCuseChickie

Semi-related side note...I booked a pool view room last time we stayed there. I ended up with a savanna view near the access area to the pool. I actually had 3 different savanna view options when I'd done online check in for this room...so I guess they defaulted to that...and I wasn't complaining.

dreamfinder

Any chance of also seeing animals from a pool view room?

Very slight chance, and not really worth it. If you end up in a high 20's low 30's you might be able to see the very corner of the savannah and the flamingos if you look to the right through the trees. You can see some sample views at the Touring Plans room finder here -> https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge. Check out the view from 4030 for instance, you can see a few small flamingos just to the right of center. The grassy spots above them is savannah, you might luck out and see an animal walking through.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
0F344EAF-2E84-47B3-B1A8-FEE3994B973B.jpeg

Room 4008. It was far enough that there wasn’t noise but close enough to enjoy it!

HwdStudio

Great choice. One of the most unique resorts in the world. My advice is to slow down and drink it all in. Incredible art work is displayed throughout so it almost a museum. African music in the background and of course the animals. Where else in the world can you stay where animals can be seen right outside? Other than in safari in Africa of course and those animals bite! Seriously though take some time to enjoy everything the resort has to offer. I doubt you will be disappointed with any of the room views.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I can do a room request 10 days prior, If this is at Jambo House I'll request this room; I know requests aren't guaranteed, but its worth a shot. Was this view from a balcony and was it a room with 2 queens?

This was Jambo House :) Mine was a king bed but my sister was in the room next to me at 4010 and it had 2 queens. Honestly I don't think there was a bad view around the pool. Have fun! :)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This was Jambo House :) Mine was a king bed but my sister was in the room next to me at 4010 and it had 2 queens. Honestly I don't think there was a bad view around the pool. Have fun! :)
I also forgot to mention that I angled the camera to the right, so perhaps to be "right by the pool" go with a larger # than mine.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Pool view is awful, and you pay extra for it. Are there any standard views available? Lots of standard views have lucky less-than-perfect views of a savanna anyways, and they're way cheaper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pool view is awful, and you pay extra for it. Are there any standard views available? Lots of standard views have lucky less-than-perfect views of a savanna anyways, and they're way cheaper.

That is true...but some standards are of the path leading to the bus stop...id stick to pool view in this case.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
We're staying here in nov for 14 nights, my dream resort and I am so excited to experience it!
Have an awesome time. Since it’s our first stay here too and we’re going in July we plan on doing the parks in the morning, heading back the resort after lunch to enjoy the pool and then back out to the parks at night. I can’t wait just to hang out at the pool.

A CM told me there are night vision googles at the Savanna outlook by the Uzima pool; it’s free to resort guests. We plan for on checking it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom