Animal kingdom expansion! In need of ideas

J4546

indiana jones would only be good because they could redo dinosaur into the proper IJ ride, which is a world class ride imo. If they also redid the rest of the land as well with a major water ride, minecart coaster, and archeological dig site rope obstacle course like camp discovery in hai, that would be chill imo. Id take it, A fully fleshed out IJ style land is my dream area

cdunlap

How about a Himalayan Museum near Expedition showing climbing equipment, famous climbers, indigenous ways of life, and a map of the Himalayas on the Chinese/Nepali border’s Rongbuk Glacier, where Everest is.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
indiana jones would only be good because they could redo dinosaur into the proper IJ ride, which is a world class ride imo. If they also redid the rest of the land as well with a major water ride, minecart coaster, and archeological dig site rope obstacle course like camp discovery in hai, that would be chill imo. Id take it, A fully fleshed out IJ style land is my dream area
Yeah I feel Indy fits better than any IP but Avatar. I’m honestly surprised they didn’t originally go with it in the 90s, but I guess budget cuts.

cdunlap

Another thing I would like to add is Native America. This was a section of the unbuilt Disney’s America that I think would work perfectly at a nature based park. My idea is for a Powhatan village with Yehakin houses to explore, a Lakota settlement with Tipis and animal exhibits for elk, deer, bison, and horses on a “hunting trail”, and a Pueblo adobe house with an art museum.

Another thing I would like to add is Native America. This was a section of the unbuilt Disney’s America that I think would work perfectly at a nature based park. My idea is for a Powhatan village with Yehakin houses to explore, a Lakota settlement with Tipis and animal exhibits for elk, deer, bison, and horses on a “hunting trail”, and a Pueblo adobe house with an art museum.
That was part of what got Disney criticized for Disney's America in the early 90's, portraying a friendly relationship between Lewis and Clark and natives. After the direction they've decided to go with splash mountain I doubt it's something that would be greenlit at least in the Disney's America format and might be too hot to touch at all. Also where's the merch, who's going to buy anything Native American themed made by Disney less they get accused of appropriating? Also what's the E-ticket? Two raft rides at one park is a hard sell considering you get wet and it wouldn't see full use during certain portions of the year.

cdunlap

So in addition to the dinoland overhaul,
Animal kingdom would also undergo a massive expansion, a 30 acre one in fact that would add several new lands rides and also renovate the river rapids by replacing it, making way for a new one themed to European mythology, any ideas for the theme of that? My idea is one themed to the Black Forest in Germany somehow but how should I do that?
Maybe you could have vignettes about German myths like Erkling, Night Crow, Lindworm, Kobold, Mother Holle, Perchta, and White Women (Spirits of women clad in white with pale skin and hair)

Advisable Joseph

What about Amphibia? Could that fit in Animal Kingdom, considering frogs, toads, and newts are pretty much everywhere on the show?

Or what about TailSpin? That could also fit well in Animal Kingdom, especially considering it's based on the Jungle Book IP so it's not like people won't know who Baloo and Shere Khan are.

Amphibia, perhaps. TaleSpin, I suppose so, but I feel like an actual Jungle Book attraction would make more sense.
@Brer Panther , here is where you mention being OK with TaleSpin: not great, but OK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom