Andrew suit seeks damages from Disney

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Andrew suit seeks damages from Disney
August 24, 2002

MIAMI (South Florida Sun-Sentinel) -- An insurance company wants the Walt Disney Co. to pay punitive damages for the alleged construction flaws at the Country Walk development destroyed 10 years ago by Hurricane Andrew.

ARI Insurance Co. filed an amendment to a 1993 lawsuit that seeks to recover $15.5 million the company paid in homeowner claims after Andrew's winds decimated the Villages of Country Walk in 1992.

The amendment filed Thursday adds unspecified punitive damages to the lawsuit.

Disney owned the development company when much of the south Miami-Dade County subdivision was built in the 1980s. After the storm, homeowners complained of widespread shoddy construction.

State prosecutors in 1995 ended an inquiry into construction flaws at Country Walk with no indictment.

GaryT977

The greed of some people never ceases to amaze me. Andrew was ten years ago! It's like someone saw one of the 'Andrew Anniversary' specials that have been running down here and went 'Oh yeah! There's money to be made on that!'

:mad:

epcot71

im no lawyer but i dont think they have a case-if im right when a cbusiness is sold all assets and all DEBT-and any legal matters that are pending are the responsiblity of the new owners -so this should keep disney out of the loop-i think

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom