Trip Report And At Last I See the (rivers of) Light: A Much Too Short Trip Report *COMPLETED*

Hello Humans!

For those just joining, my name is Nicole. (Sorry if you were expecting Buddy Boil!) :p

484A72B6-D9BC-49F0-9EF1-6AA0CA625301_zpsaegdhx9d.jpg

I am just a wee bit toooooo obsessed with Disney World and all things Disney, but is there ever really too much of a good thing? I’m just one of “those people”. The kind that doesn’t understand the need to travel anywhere else on this planet besides Disney, the kind that has more Disney clothes than work attire, the kind that stalks cast members instagram profiles… but we’ll gloss over those more intimate details. :p

I just returned from an extremely short trip to the World. And although short, I still feel the pain. It’s like when someone loses a limb, such as an arm or a leg, and they say they can still feel it. That is exactly how I feel about the removal of my Mickey ears. I have phantom limb pain from taking off my Mickey ear headbands. The ears are off, and the pain real. You mean to tell me I can't wear my rose gold ears to go grocery shopping? What kind of world do we live in?

After throwing a temper tantrum on the ground to my fiancé, complaining he doesn’t love me because he’s dragging me to Hawaii for our honeymoon, I decided the more mature, adult way to deal with post Disney depression is to share my story with you fine people. So let’s begin.

Who: Myself and my Bestie (we went in 2013 and 2014 previously)

49378180014_zpsf7106299.jpg

Where: All Star Music (We nicknamed this trip the budget trip. No park hoppers, no dining reservations, no dining plan, carryon luggage only so we wouldn’t come home with a bazillion souvenirs. A budget in Disney… that didn’t work so well. You mean that green Mickey lighting up was racking up my credit card? WHO KNEW?! :)

2EB930B7-5A5F-4834-99B3-3ACE88D6CEC7_zps27ik5xg3.jpg

When: Friday, January 19th to Tuesday January 23rd

Why: Why not? The best way to escape wedding planning is Disney planning! :p

Jan 19th
Our flight wasn’t until 7 PM out of Newark, New Jersey. I currently live right outside of Philadelphia with Joe, go Eagles :p but it was easier for me to get to Newark than my friend to get to Philly. And me flying alone is never a good idea. I once found myself in an airport closest. Yeah, no idea. I decided to work a half day instead of using a vacation day, because I’m trying to bank all my days for my honeymoon and secretly another Disney trip come fall. Don’t tell anyone. It can be our little secret. Hardy har har! ;);)

D35DFF1D-41BC-4689-9DAD-2B17DFBBBB9A_zpswzqvgktd.jpg

Did not sleep a wink the night before, not sure if it was the excitement, the nerves about my carryon being TSA compliant, or the fact that I was fighting off laryngitis. Ursula, take my legs but give me back my voice!!!!! Some people were too ecstatic I was speechless, cough JOE cough. I could not rub in his face that I WAS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD.

09037385-1176-4C0C-B8A4-77392357D6D5_zpsd8bjk3i3.jpg

Wore my little mermaid leggings to work because I am a child. I work for an orthodontic team and having all my patients ask me about going to Disney World just amped up my excitement level. My age category is definitely 8-12 because that is who I most relate too. HA!

Clocked out early and made my long trek to North Jersey. Got back in record time, must have been those pixie dust fumes in my gas tank. :p My friend’s brother was our designated Uber and I’m sure he kicked himself for offering to drive us two crazy loons.

BFB80FF2-6C5F-41B3-B4A9-5B3BE294C056_zpschovy1ta.jpg

Strapped on my magic band and admired the beauty of all that is Mickey’s outline. I love the new shape, didn’t think I would! It actually looks like a watch, IT’S MICKEY TIME.

87E34F08-B92E-4432-AFDA-9DD306621365_zpsmun3uvym.png

On the ride there, we received a text message that our room was ready! Don’t judge me that I never deleted my 2016 room notification message.

DCD5E0C0-AF43-4FD9-904A-04468D5462C4_zpseqbfjuw1.png

My friend and I had been joking all week that we’d be put in country. NOT THE COUNTRY BOOT! And lo and behold, there we were. She called up Disney to see if they could switch us to jazz, we’d been practicing our jazz hands for months! The cast member laughed, and apologized that the resort was fully booked; we could maybe switch our room later on during the trip. TOO BAD OUR TRIP WAS SO SHORT. :(

A655C602-A5D5-4A21-BAC9-1D3766C55FE1_zpsybmczybb.jpg

Nothing screams Disney World more than a pair of country boots! Am I right?! :p

We got through security quickly and made our way to the gate. Upon arrival, our flight is delayed. From 7 PM to 8:30 PM. WHAT! Lose an hour and a half of Disney time!? I cannot deal.

The terminal was packed. There was not a seat to be found. We circled round and round, myself rolling my carryon like I’d had one too many drinks. It’s hard steering a suitcase! We were antsy and then it hit us. One little spark of inspiration. LET’S SEE IF THE EARLIER FLIGHT HAS ANY SEATS AVAILABLE.

Turns out, it did! And for a mere fee of $75.00 each, we could arrive in Disney at 8:30 PM. We went back and forth… if we got there early we could eat in the food court, we’d have more Disney time, we could get to sleep earlier and be less cranky for parking opening. Budget trip my behind.

30F3D1FD-FDB8-47BA-B11E-F3F6F934CA06_zpsudxj6i6x.jpg

We were soon on the plane, vowing to not tell a soul we paid $75 to arrive in Disney an hour and a half earlier. Whoops!

The flight attendants asked if we could be the heroes of the flight, and of course we obliged.

AA3055E7-8240-41C0-8298-BB68923B1957_zpslz8o7quv.jpg

Throw the plane door out the window and save all the innocent lives on board? Ain’t no thing for Princess Nicole. Watch out Mr. Incredible. I’m coming for your costume.

D3444906-4B45-44A6-A37E-86BFD64C2A19_zpso5yvgnuf.jpg

7A25B2E1-4757-4BC6-994D-F730E802A379_zpswhhyfqyj.jpg

Heroes need their nourishment, so cheers to the first food pictures of the trip!

DD4791CA-F836-4C25-80BB-3036E80894D0_zpsitlhlqsm.jpg

Touched down in Orlando much earlier than expected… money comes and goes but Disney memories are forever. That’s what I keep telling myself at least!

7A0A7FA5-EBB3-4CB8-B3CF-5B4765558ACD_zps5etgojhr.jpg

The Magical Express area was dead, and we hoped we didn’t just miss the bus. Turns out the bus was waiting right outside for our arrival. What great service! I don’t know if I credit this to the fact that I’m now a hero? Hopped aboard that big beautiful red beauty of transportation and prepared myself for my ride back home. The butterflies were fluttering about in my stomach, I could not stop giggling, and I felt it deep down to my core that I was back in my happy place. You know that warm fuzzy feeling of being on property? That moment where you know your trip to come is filled with endless possibilities? Don't ever take waiting in the Magical Express line for granted!

5EB2F766-DDB3-41C8-941B-01F1245F5FE6_zpsfppgeych.jpg

Would our room be the very last room in the very back of our resort? Did they separate us from the general public on purpose because we are certifiably insane? Would my jazz hands feel betrayed about nothing getting their moment to shine?
:)

Captain Barbossa

After being extremely tempted to buy onesie pajamas in the Canadian store and just call it a night, we decided to take a quick "power sit" on a nearby bench. We debated sitting there until Illuminations began, but realized we had way to much time to kill. I was checking the Eagles score, and I admit I was super surprised they were winning! I refrained from texting Joe, because I knew if they lost, he's somehow say I'd jinxed it! :p

Got our behinds up, and kept on moving. You can't rest for too long in the World! Those feet won't feel tired if you just KEEP EM MOVING. :p

D3A5BC47-791F-414A-B4EA-B9EB67A83701_zpsogn669jq.jpg

BD5471A2-5EF5-4FD3-A9DB-14AA394E9BED_zpsepn5k56k.jpg

Do I look thrilled or WHAT! Bahahahah! I was sad there was not anywhere left to paint! My friend back home was texting me all day to go find the mural but because my phone was on airplane mode, I never got them in time! :( This only means I must return! Disney is dying for these artistic skills. Trust me, that monorail could have been worth millions. ;)

We decided to go check out MouseGears, the store you walk into empty-handed and leave broke. They should really change the name of this store to MouseTrap. TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

C6256889-D6BF-4FCF-8058-538454AFDDEC_zps17nacxe1.jpg

So we're bopping along, I'm trying to convince my friend that I needdddddddddd a black hat with Minnie ears, and I do a double take. I think I must have walked by her twice, making slow eye contact, just in case my mind was playing tricks on me! But nope! Another WDWMAGIC meetup! By pure chance! It was meant to be :)

86F20F11-BCB5-447E-81DC-0C48264FA330_zpsqki7i3jv.jpg

Chatted for a bit with @becca_ and her boyfriend, Daniel! We'd been messaging back and forth on instagram all week, but since my phone had been on airplane mode, I didn't see that she had made it to Epcot that night! The power of Disney brought us together. OR THE POWER THAT IS MOUSEGEARS. :p

My friend told Daniel I'd been having her meet up with all my "Disney friends" and that she didn't understand the power of the @wdwmagic forums until just now! He felt the same so I am glad they were in the same boat :p We talked about our trips so far, @becca_ told me all about her Animal Kingdom day, and how she felt about Rivers of Light. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I could not believe I had only one sleep left until I WOULD SEE IT FOR MYSELF. It felt like we were old friends, and that's the thing I love about all the people that share their trip reports, and their common love for Disney. There's no awkwardness, it's like we are all one big happy Disney World family.

We soon parted ways, :( Illuminations was starting soon and I, of course, had to make a pitstop before it began.

83BE8747-96E1-4431-8B90-1C23DBA2D2EF_zps50wywuha.jpg

BEHOLD THE CRONUT. THE CRONUT TOPPED WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM. THE WARM CROISSANT DOUGHNUT TOPPED WITH THE COLD ICE CREAM. POLAR OPPOSITE TEMPERATURES COMING TOGETHER TO FORM A SCRUMPTIOUS, DELICIOUS, DELECTABLE PIECE OF HEAVEN. (I'm soooo sorry 'Ohana bread pudding.)

Even though I was chilled to the bone, the warmth of the cronut made the ice cream just the right bit of melty, and I do not think I've ever tasted anything so good; my insides warmed up from the pure feeling of bliss. My friend wanted a bite, and I admit, I filched away from her spoon. GET YOUR OWN. :p

We watched Illuminations near the boat launch, and although it was not a perfect view, it was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

56E0C2C1-AC8A-4D6B-8616-F201A5A26A66_zps8w1ykm9y.jpg

I was so engrossed by the laser usage! I teared up as the Earth made it's way out onto the lagoon, celebrating all the accomplishments of humanity. This show always gives me a newfound feeling of hope, that one day people will be less quick to judge, be more open and accepting, and more appreciative of the fact that we are all different, from different parts of the world, but we are still all human.

My friend and I noticed Morocco wasn't lighting up, and I made a mental note to google what was going on! I thought it was due to the Skyliner construction, but learned that is not the case! The buildings of the Morocco pavilion are replicas of buildings that have religious significance, so they do not light up! Never knew!

I watched in awe, swayed back and forth with my best friend, and just enjoyed the moment.

51B0743D-EAD6-45BD-9032-AA47D83ADF77_zpsbcfk9h06.jpg

"Every evening, brings an ending. Every day becomes a legacy. Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity. We can reach for the stars we find along the way, dreaming as we learn to love everyday. Promise you will take my hand as tomorrow comes, We'll go on."

4912FAB2-347D-4DCB-BAD1-661C67D64589_zpsakcuritj.jpg

We slowly trudged back to the bus stop, today would be one for the books. (or the inter webs :p )

Our ride was short and sweet, and we were soon back to our musical home. I talked with Joe a bit on the phone, THE EAGLES WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL, and begged him not to get arrested.

EC2FB1CF-25EB-4431-BD12-4EEAF79C7AC8_zpsofnq3126.png

6C2A771D-25A0-4A17-8293-948204A7708F_zps28wqfzui.jpg

4026FECF-2CB6-48F1-9367-AA7799D27BDA_zpstg5quyxy.jpg

Oh wait, we're in COUNTRY. :)

The night ended in typical Disney fashion, shower, Stacey, and snapping pictures of my HAD TO BUY purchases. I told my friend I'd wear this all the time, THIS WAS AN INVESTMENT GOSH DARN IT.

4D4F008C-6EB7-4736-ABE0-9F01703A0689_zpssbrqvmze.jpg

It now sits with my ear collection, tag still attached. :p

I tried my hardest to close my eyes and get some much needed rest, but who can rest when RIVERS OF LIGHT awaits you? Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the best was still yet to come.

:)
Sounds like a great end to your day at EPCOT! I absolutely love Mouse Gear. I could wander around inside of it for hours. Btw, love the hat. You can never have enough Mickey or Minnie ears ;). WHERE DID YOU GET THE CRONUT?! Have to add it to the food category of my WDW goals (yes I have categories). Now I know how you cherish your beloved Wishes, and so do I, but Nicole I have a confession to make, I've always loved Illuminations a little bit more than Wishes. There I said it :facepalm:. Will take note of watching it near the boat launch. I enjoy viewing it from a different perspective each time we go. A lot of people don't know why Morocco doesn't participate in Illuminations. It's a interesting little fact. Can't wait to hear about your highly anticipated day at AK!

LisaBelle

BEHOLD THE CRONUT. THE CRONUT TOPPED WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM. THE WARM CROISSANT DOUGHNUT TOPPED WITH THE COLD ICE CREAM. POLAR OPPOSITE TEMPERATURES COMING TOGETHER TO FORM A SCRUMPTIOUS, DELICIOUS, DELECTABLE PIECE OF HEAVEN. (I'm soooo sorry 'Ohana bread pudding.)
Why must you torture me with this picture of cronutty deliciousness?! I’ve never had it with vanilla ice cream. Must. Have.It. Next. Trip!!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great random meetup at Epcot with Becca!

The Cronut looks awesome
So bad for you but sooo good at the same time

Enjoying the report as always

Looking forward to ( FINALLY!!!) hearing your personal thoughts on rivers of light
Max

Shhhhh don't tell me it's bad! LET ME LIVE! LOL!! It must have some nutritional value!? Ha!! Glad you're still here ;)

Is this tipsy off one drink? Long gone are the days of your drinking around the world TRs :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I mean I'm totally the same way now too

LOL.. what happened to us! I thought tolerance was supposed to increase with age! :p

Love that you saw Becca! I'm still bummed we didn't see her when we were at the People Mover at the same time :facepalm:

I never knew that about the Morocco pavilion/Illuminations. Nice little tidbit there! Thanks for investigating for us :D

Detective Nicole is always hard at work. :p And it was so crazy bumping into her! It truly is a small world after all!

Can't believe you got to write about our meet up before I did ;)

It was so good meeting you!! :inlove:

I know I thought for sure you were going to drop the surprise first! My trip was just too short and my days are dwindling down :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sounds like a great end to your day at EPCOT! I absolutely love Mouse Gear. I could wander around inside of it for hours. Btw, love the hat. You can never have enough Mickey or Minnie ears ;). WHERE DID YOU GET THE CRONUT?! Have to add it to the food category of my WDW goals (yes I have categories). Now I know how you cherish your beloved Wishes, and so do I, but Nicole I have a confession to make, I've always loved Illuminations a little bit more than Wishes. There I said it :facepalm:. Will take note of watching it near the boat launch. I enjoy viewing it from a different perspective each time we go. A lot of people don't know why Morocco doesn't participate in Illuminations. It's a interesting little fact. Can't wait to hear about your highly anticipated day at AK!

I agree about your Mouse Ears sentiment! I am still searching for the 2017 Flower and Garden Ears... UGH I am on a mission to get them! Do I need them? No. But that's besides the point :p

And get the cronut! It twassss amazing! I don't know how I would feel about it just plain, but topped with vanilla ice cream was SUPER YUM. And I loveeeeeeeee Illuminations so much, and the meaning behind it, I cannot be upset with you. ;) But Wishes is still my #1.

So neat that you happened to run into @becca_ !! I’m really enjoying your TR!!

Thank you! And it was pure luck but I am so happy we met in real life! It's nice to see that y'all are real Disney lovers just like me!!!

Why must you torture me with this picture of cronutty deliciousness?! I’ve never had it with vanilla ice cream. Must. Have.It. Next. Trip!!!!!

YOU MUST. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. THIS IS A PROMISE. :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

The day had come. The day I had been waiting for. I had been counting the weeks, the days, the hours, the minutes, the seconds, until the day I would be at Animal Kingdom. I am not known as the "Rivers of Light" stalker for nothing. :p

Here's just a little glimpse into my life as a stalker. Every single morning, and night, and lunch break for that matter, I would search out the hashtags #rol and #riversoflight, on instagram and twitter. I would google search "Rivers of Light" and filter it out by most recent search results every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.

446BBE57-9E2D-41F9-8486-6649645FB63E_zpskhvxrvir.jpg

ED2309DE-78B3-46F1-9901-3F131A1AC464_zpsfqtjn5de.jpg

I would get myself into an endless black hole on these here interwebs. I found Cast Members who worked at AK. I would stalk their social media accounts, to see if they were working late, to check their pictures, just to see if they would mention anything about testing. I would look at their friend's social medias, to see if anything was a buzz with AK. I somehow stumbled upon one of the Shamans of the show's instagram account. He would post dancing videos from a locker room, and I was able to piece together when he was in the locker prior to ROL show rehearsals.

42E555CC-7AC0-400F-837B-23449E2DE7D6_zpsgdkeniku.jpg

I found the Linked In account for the leader of technical direction and systems teams. I was then able to find his own personal instagram, and he would post every time he was flying into MCO. I would quickly tell everyone over on the New and Rumors section of these forums, and they would reply that I was insane. But they loved it. (I know they did LOL) I once even got extremely intoxicated and messaged this poor man, asking to pleaseeeee tell me for the love of God and all things holy, if this show would ever open. Okay, I lied. I messaged him a lot. But....... it's all good. The police never came to my house, my cell phone was never confiscated, I never received any received any restraining orders. I think we're even actually friends now. :p

91AF1952-69CD-43D6-8CBD-89BCE7997EFE_zpshr74ihzf.jpg

4922559E-DFA7-4C9E-B0A4-04168028CE91_zps1dabdsvx.jpg

Am I nuts? Yes, why yes I am. But more on that later!

C04009AB-BD82-491A-B4C7-2D61455FF6E3_zpsoyyswcgv.jpg

IT WAS UP AND AT EM FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM! IS anyone still here? Have you Xed out of this trip report and quickly blocked me :p

340AE888-9BCF-4914-A021-2D2C9FBEE7CD_zpsh6vcivrq.jpg

AK had extra magic hours so they opened at 8 am. We left our room around 7, because I NEEDED TO BE THERE for every single minute that I had the chance. I am always wishy washy about which park is my favorite, it usually varies day to day, but I can hands down say, Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.

12A33FD9-2E48-42B7-8A0E-C77EA644C3D5_zpsxryvh6s0.jpg

38AE03B7-8F7D-464B-99C6-49E88DBDB57C_zpsmi0hl43s.jpg

95653A1A-5871-485B-8BB7-D8D683274F55_zpsr4hglzwn.jpg

26BB1D64-F5CD-4DFC-BEEF-526D0C92C548_zpskbqoxzfp.jpg

We get through the turnstiles, and everyone's off running. I've never been running with bulls, but I can imagine it's something like the opening of AK. People were using their strollers as plows to made way to Pandora. I was almost turned into a pancake.

Where were we running too?

489CF245-B924-4A32-BEEB-2F0738BD0477_zpsioizvmgo.jpg

D58FA890-0165-4339-BE2B-26DB336A2F0E_zpsvelvt5kr.jpg

Ummm... we wanted food. :p

3776191F-9066-4559-921F-B2D740926505_zpss9bnuozl.jpg

92918E5A-7783-409D-B2B7-FA900DF02750_zpso60nrc5m.jpg

We ate right outside the safari, I got a croissant and an iced mocha coffee. My friend got elephant ears and I failed to snap a picture before they were devoured.

We sat in the sunrise, and leisurely enjoyed our breakfast. It was the most perfect start to the most perfect day.

Since we were right there, and the wait time was only 20 minutes, we hopped in the queue for Kilimanjaro Safari. I love riding first thing in the morning, the animals are either eating their breakfast, or just finishing up, and are much easier to be seen. The Harambe Wildlife Reserve is so picturesque and downright beautiful. I usually take a bazillion not so picturesque photos while onboard the safari vehicle, and that morning I just wanted to be present in the moment.

1ACA632F-AD6A-4ED3-A60A-E46CB751D84A_zpsysf3cxxc.jpg

I couldn't resist snapping this giraffe who kept crossing the road in front of on coming traffic, it's like he was taunting us :p

5C4EAEB4-B1A4-4F5E-9CCD-3EEEB5635982_zpsckaniywm.jpg

The wind was in my hair, the sun shone across the lush savanna, and the animals were all out to play. I almost burst into tears I was so happy.

Kwaherini, or as it translates to English, "Go Well".

The day had only just begun! :) :) :) :) :)

Captain Barbossa

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

The day had come. The day I had been waiting for. I had been counting the weeks, the days, the hours, the minutes, the seconds, until the day I would be at Animal Kingdom. I am not known as the "Rivers of Light" stalker for nothing. :p

Here's just a little glimpse into my life as a stalker. Every single morning, and night, and lunch break for that matter, I would search out the hashtags #rol and #riversoflight, on instagram and twitter. I would google search "Rivers of Light" and filter it out by most recent search results every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.

446BBE57-9E2D-41F9-8486-6649645FB63E_zpskhvxrvir.jpg

ED2309DE-78B3-46F1-9901-3F131A1AC464_zpsfqtjn5de.jpg

I would get myself into an endless black hole on these here interwebs. I found Cast Members who worked at AK. I would stalk their social media accounts, to see if they were working late, to check their pictures, just to see if they would mention anything about testing. I would look at their friend's social medias, to see if anything was a buzz with AK. I somehow stumbled upon one of the Shamans of the show's instagram account. He would post dancing videos from a locker room, and I was able to piece together when he was in the locker prior to ROL show rehearsals.

42E555CC-7AC0-400F-837B-23449E2DE7D6_zpsgdkeniku.jpg

I found the Linked In account for the leader of technical direction and systems teams. I was then able to find his own personal instagram, and he would post every time he was flying into MCO. I would quickly tell everyone over on the New and Rumors section of these forums, and they would reply that I was insane. But they loved it. (I know they did LOL) I once even got extremely intoxicated and messaged this poor man, asking to pleaseeeee tell me for the love of God and all things holy, if this show would ever open. Okay, I lied. I messaged him a lot. But....... it's all good. The police never came to my house, my cell phone was never confiscated, I never received any received any restraining orders. I think we're even actually friends now. :p

91AF1952-69CD-43D6-8CBD-89BCE7997EFE_zpshr74ihzf.jpg

4922559E-DFA7-4C9E-B0A4-04168028CE91_zps1dabdsvx.jpg

Am I nuts? Yes, why yes I am. But more on that later!

C04009AB-BD82-491A-B4C7-2D61455FF6E3_zpsoyyswcgv.jpg

IT WAS UP AND AT EM FOR ANIMAL KINGDOM! IS anyone still here? Have you Xed out of this trip report and quickly blocked me :p

340AE888-9BCF-4914-A021-2D2C9FBEE7CD_zpsh6vcivrq.jpg

AK had extra magic hours so they opened at 8 am. We left our room around 7, because I NEEDED TO BE THERE for every single minute that I had the chance. I am always wishy washy about which park is my favorite, it usually varies day to day, but I can hands down say, Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.

12A33FD9-2E48-42B7-8A0E-C77EA644C3D5_zpsxryvh6s0.jpg

38AE03B7-8F7D-464B-99C6-49E88DBDB57C_zpsmi0hl43s.jpg

95653A1A-5871-485B-8BB7-D8D683274F55_zpsr4hglzwn.jpg

26BB1D64-F5CD-4DFC-BEEF-526D0C92C548_zpskbqoxzfp.jpg

We get through the turnstiles, and everyone's off running. I've never been running with bulls, but I can imagine it's something like the opening of AK. People were using their strollers as plows to made way to Pandora. I was almost turned into a pancake.

Where were we running too?

489CF245-B924-4A32-BEEB-2F0738BD0477_zpsioizvmgo.jpg

D58FA890-0165-4339-BE2B-26DB336A2F0E_zpsvelvt5kr.jpg

Ummm... we wanted food. :p

3776191F-9066-4559-921F-B2D740926505_zpss9bnuozl.jpg

92918E5A-7783-409D-B2B7-FA900DF02750_zpso60nrc5m.jpg

We ate right outside the safari, I got a croissant and an iced mocha coffee. My friend got elephant ears and I failed to snap a picture before they were devoured.

We sat in the sunrise, and leisurely enjoyed our breakfast. It was the most perfect start to the most perfect day.

Since we were right there, and the wait time was only 20 minutes, we hopped in the queue for Kilimanjaro Safari. I love riding first thing in the morning, the animals are either eating their breakfast, or just finishing up, and are much easier to be seen. The Harambe Wildlife Reserve is so picturesque and downright beautiful. I usually take a bazillion not so picturesque photos while onboard the safari vehicle, and that morning I just wanted to be present in the moment.

1ACA632F-AD6A-4ED3-A60A-E46CB751D84A_zpsysf3cxxc.jpg

I couldn't resist snapping this giraffe who kept crossing the road in front of on coming traffic, it's like he was taunting us :p

5C4EAEB4-B1A4-4F5E-9CCD-3EEEB5635982_zpsckaniywm.jpg

The wind was in my hair, the sun shone across the lush savanna, and the animals were all out to play. I almost burst into tears I was so happy.

Kwaherini, or as it translates to English, "Go Well".

The day had only just begun! :):):):):)
Dang, ya got skills kid. I can sometimes be the same way, but not as extreme as you ;). Maybe one day you could write a book called "Stalking 101" Lol. "Where were we running too? Ummm... we wanted food" Love that part! Kusafiri is where I always get a bite for breakfast at AK. They also have some tasty sandwiches for lunch too. Smart move to go ahead and hop on Kilimanjaro. Like you said, early or mid morning is a good time to do it.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I’m actually crying with laughter at your last post!!! That is some serious dedication & detective work you did there!! I LOVE IT!
Animal Kingdom is also my favourite park.. it’s so beautiful!

I am not proud, but I don't regret anything! LOL!!
AK is tooooo beautiful to put into words! Glad we share a favorite! :)

@prfctlyximprct I am seriously in awe of your stalking capabilities and bow down too you :geek: Glad to see there was no picture of you at the entrance of AK declaring that you were not allowed to enter the park :joyfull: I can't WAIT to hear if ROL lived up to expectations for you!

I was super afraid alarm bells would sound the second my fingerprint was scanned! I guess I got lucky! LOL

I knew you were a ROL stalker, but man, you have skills!! Please teach me your ways! :joyfull:

LOL.. I think I may need psychiatric help :p

Apparently I was low key stalking as well and you just blew my cover. 😳hahahahaView attachment 264588

Whoops! Sorry! HA!!

I don't feel as bad for sending a photographer for Yellow Shoes a request on Linkedin :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That's nothing compared to your stalking! I love it...I'm sure they love seeing people so excited for the things they create.

LOL.. I was super surprised I was not blocked. I think I must of had a reputation around the AK cast members LOL. :p

Wow, you actually had Joe Rohde reply to you, Thats amazing!!!

He's actually replied to me more than once and I fangirled each time! I want to meet him so badly, he is my favorite!!! AK! My heart!

Dang, ya got skills kid. I can sometimes be the same way, but not as extreme as you ;). Maybe one day you could write a book called "Stalking 101" Lol. "Where were we running too? Ummm... we wanted food" Love that part! Kusafiri is where I always get a bite for breakfast at AK. They also have some tasty sandwiches for lunch too. Smart move to go ahead and hop on Kilimanjaro. Like you said, early or mid morning is a good time to do it.

I should write a book. But then I'd probably be arrested. HA! Glad you are still here and have not slowly backed away. :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We exited the safari and decided to make a quick pit stop to the prehistoric land of the dinosaurs before our first FastPass. It was only 9:20 at this point and our FastPass window did not open until 9:55. Time was going slow, this was perfect. :) And now we could travel back in time, what a day! I wish I could time travel right back to my trip. :p

We did not get very far before we noticed a PhotoPass photographer! I saw so many Photopass photographers out this trip! Hello magic shots! And I simply cannot just walk by... I must stop :p MUST GET EVERY MOMENT CAPTURED.

0679A11D-258A-453A-BA6C-A82560469E08_zpskri9p19i.jpg

E75018FB-307A-40FC-87B6-6870F4CDA794_zpsuhxjjnxe.jpg

Just chilling with out besties, Mickey and Minnie. Hi ya pals!

E33EFA8E-8556-48FC-8710-AA7715AF01FC_zpsykpealvx.jpg

083DEF3E-8813-434C-A369-F5F0D41833CD_zpsgryslu0y.jpg

DINOSAUR was closed for refurbishment back in November when I was there, and I missed my mission back in time! Iguanadon here we come! DINOSAUR only had a 15 minute wait posted, but I think in actuality we waited about 25. What's a few extra minutes in the Dino Institute?

0DAF992B-4DA6-49C3-937C-06350A3B8A45_zps3uzp7i9z.jpg

8AE2D8D7-84AA-4543-AD2D-BAADEF55FE19_zpsqvnn8w7k.jpg

B11F4632-D540-42F8-BD47-8054CF59B7FC_zpsx18nar7l.jpg

NOT OUR DINO!!!! I love this ride so much! The jerkiness of the Time Rovers, the anxiety you get as the clock ticks down and the meteor gets closer, the terrifying roar as you just miss becoming dinner, it's such a great attraction. We rode with a family of first timers, and they were all screaming their heads off! I love watching the reaction to Disney through the eyes of people experiencing it for the very first time. There's just something so magical seeing other people's joy.

7AAB7A84-4E0C-4017-B560-378439B56D66_zpsglds6krv.jpg

Looks like we were screaming our heads off right along with them! :p

It was then time to visit Disco Yeti! He's still discoing like a champ up there! I hope he is fixed once and for all in my lifetime. I have watched the Discovery special "Building a Thrill Ride" one too many times on YouTube. He was such an impressive animatronic! I know, I know, he's still pretty impressive, but once seeing him in working order, you cannot ever forget. Please stop discoing dear sit, this is not the 70s!

7889FCCB-AB76-48B7-9AC2-619D4C673B2A_zpsfvc6yyxi.jpg

Somehow this is the only photo I took?

C0DCA11B-6517-4F61-9113-0585757F9058_zpsauqaquou.jpg

I don't know what happened to the ride photo either? :( Maybe the yeti stole it.

After our expedition through the Himalayas, I noticed the doors were open to the Rivers of Light seating area. OF FREAKING COURSE I AM GOING IN. I just about sprinted. GET OUT OF MY WAY, ROL STALKER COMING THOUGH.

1D1AE18E-0FD3-4177-ADBE-1CB329A68CAA_zpsqlbzho7b.jpg

I couldn't believe it! As I ran down the stairs, I overhead a husband say to his wife, "This isn't anything!" They seemed lost and confused. I quickly shot back, "THIS IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They looked at me with bewilderment.

13F98BD7-21D2-4176-854E-474C6BEA723F_zpszzqwzjhp.jpg

17B0E69E-C01B-4F30-BC2F-D7A28B613C53_zpsableeme0.jpg

CE5E7B81-04CF-40F6-8F1E-EB3FBD72DB52_zpsjzcnt30l.jpg

I would have stayed there all day. Men were out on the river on a boat, and I waved like a maniac to them. No one waved back. LOL... People were sitting on the benches eating snacks, taking in this beautiful day and gorgeous serene view. I, on the other hand, was dancing like a fool.

""

THE RIVERS OF LIGHT STALKER WAS IN THE BUILDING.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
My friend had to DRAG me away. COME ON NICOLE. IT'S TIME FOR PANDORA. What's that? DO I HAVE TO GO! I was sooo close, yet still so far. :p

We ended up stumbling upon Winged Encounters, and got to witness macaws take flight!

EA2B2219-23E0-4AF7-984A-78A9AD25B6A3_zpsvzzovnab.jpg

CDDDAD58-3D7F-4F53-9DF6-A7FAC6B35286_zpsmcgticms.jpg

That's the pure beauty of Animal Kingdom, and Disney World for that matter. I hadn't looked at the Times Guide once and here I was witnessing something so magical!

EB9B6A7F-401B-4BF5-835F-EBE4C670EED8_zpsmzowuvpe.jpg

EB9B6A7F-401B-4BF5-835F-EBE4C670EED8_zpsmzowuvpe.jpg

D344948D-EBBD-46CC-8245-136242BCEA01_zpsfjblgulj.jpg

This might have just been the COOLEST thing I've seen in all my life. We're just standing there staring at these majestic birds, and then BAM they are flying right towards your face. It was crazy to see everyone duck down, even though we knew they wouldn't fly right into us! Everyone was in awe, it was surreal!

"">Birds

We must have stood there amazed for about five minutes, chatting with the people next to us about how freaking awesome that was. Where else can you have macaws soar over your head, barely missing your Mickey ears? Oh Animal Kingdom, how I adore thee!!!

We almost forgot where we were headed!

55754F33-116D-4750-AF20-88E70E9E541D_zpsil58ywhd.jpg

3D5D1397-2CB4-4DA7-9DF4-5B10656C2CED_zpsbcoc4vrp.jpg

7CEBF580-1F1B-4D1F-BA15-52671566DA93_zpstdu7aqoc.jpg

I was leery about Pandora, and how I would feel. After years of waiting, and watching the construction, and hearing the debates of whether of not this belongs in my beloved AK, I was finally here! It was time to see for myself. Would I love this land? Could I love a land for a movie I have yet to fully watch? (I've tried three times and always fall asleep, I give up.)

D00A99FF-989B-4320-8E26-EC4112BD3DFC_zpsbbs812mg.jpg

2A05047A-A522-4058-BB6E-9D40BA23FDC2_zpssuii6n0h.jpg

Well strap me to a banshee and fly me to the moon, because I was blown away. I think my mouth hung open and I had to stop myself from drooling at one point. My first instinct was to whip out my phone and compose a love letter to Joe Rohde.

Dear Mr. Rohde,

I am so blown away by the floating mountains that I am currently staring at them while I am laid out flat on the ground. I have either passed out or died, because I have been transported from a theme park I once knew as Animal Kingdom into a world that can only be true in my imagination. I thank for you for your attention to detail, and will be sending you my hospital bill.

Sincerely,
Nicole, the lover of Na'Vi

00F62AC7-8485-4C12-91BE-E02B4FC28F1B_zpsezr4jqkc.jpg

F9C30881-4A7B-49E4-8616-4A8C01AC1879_zpsmgrcdlaq.jpg

6B54E4B3-8951-4845-8B25-4BFCCD7BEE1B_zpsu293avgy.jpg

My pictures, any pictures, do not do this land justice. You really must see it to believe it.

580081FB-C593-44B7-8D16-6E5908110B3C_zpswfcz7wbk.jpg

The above picture accurately sums up my feelings on Pandora: The World of Avatar. I'm speechless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom