American Experience Civil War- Fact or Fiction

jabay

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Civil War family in the American Experience is a real family or Disney-fiction?

I have been to Walt Disney World over a dozen times and have been to the American Experience probably two dozen times or more. My girlfriend and I have had a dispute about it for a couple of years. Our dispute is over the validity of the Civil War sequence. I told her that I don't believe that the Civil War family with the two brothers fighting on opposite sides was a real family, but represents families that were divided over the war. I think that the family was made up by Disney for the sequence. I just didn't think it was likely that their would be a photograph of the one dead brother on the battlefield and the other photo of the brother riding his horse in uniform. Why were pictures taken of these two particular people at such crutial times in their lives, too coincidental. Considering that photography was still in it's infancy and that there are only a few pictures of Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War- I think that the family in American Experience is fictional. Although it may have happen to a real family, the one depicted was made up. Please give me your input.

magicboy68

:sohappy: Hey. I remember reading in the Imagineering book that the oicture of the family was really a picture of imagineers. I am almost sure about this. Can ne1 back me up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom