Amazon Prime Pantry?

RScottyL

From http://www.amazon.com/gp/pantry/inf...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1779705002&pf_rd_i=8308027011

Prime Pantry is a new shopping experience on Amazon.com. Prime members can shop popular household essentials and have them conveniently delivered.
Adding your first Prime Pantry item to Cart starts a Prime Pantry box. As you shop, you see that each Pantry item tells you what percentage of a Pantry box it fills based on its size and weight. Pantry boxes are large and can hold up to 45 pounds or four cubic feet of household products. As you check items off your list, we continuously track and show you how full your box is.
You can buy as much or as little as you want for a flat $5.99 delivery fee per Prime Pantry box. Save gas, save money, save time.

Lance

Not sure if this is the place for this or not...but has anyone used Prime Pantry for delivery to resorts? I've been trying to figure out how I want to get somethings to POFQ. This looks super cheap compared to most delivery services I'm finding.

Has anyone used?

Ummm wow, I've been Amazon Prime for years and had no idea this existed!

I always wanted to ship items I forgot to my resort in past trips but never actually did.

I'm glad I found this thread, might have to try it for our trip this week. Thanks!

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Ummm wow, I've been Amazon Prime for years and had no idea this existed!

I always wanted to ship items I forgot to my resort in past trips but never actually did.

I'm glad I found this thread, might have to try it for our trip this week. Thanks!
I think it was "newish" when I first posted. I plan on using again in a little over a month.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We are Prime members so we get free 2 day shipping. Prime pantry is the same deal! We have a trip to San Diego coming in July and plan on trying out prime for snacks/sodas to see how it works to our hotel there.

I'm visiting DLR in a few weeks and plan on shipping a box with water, snacks, cereal, etc. We live a few hours drive from WDW, so we normally just bring stuff in the car. Was going to ship a box of stuff to my resort at DLR, but nice to see that Amazon now has a pantry service. And as a Prime member, I will get free 2 day shipping, correct? I don't mind paying the $5.99 - I trust Amazon to get it out to Anaheim.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I'm visiting DLR in a few weeks and plan on shipping a box with water, snacks, cereal, etc. We live a few hours drive from WDW, so we normally just bring stuff in the car. Was going to ship a box of stuff to my resort at DLR, but nice to see that Amazon now has a pantry service. And as a Prime member, I will get free 2 day shipping, correct? I don't mind paying the $5.99 - I trust Amazon to get it out to Anaheim.
It's not 2 day with the Pantry. It's 4.

COrunner

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure since one poster mentioned you will still get the Prime 2 day shipping.

They are right on quoting 4 days. It really depends on where you live in relation to Amazons fulfillment centers. We are in OH and there a few big centers in Louisville, Harrisburg so our 2 day shipping sometimes is overnight and when we've tried pantry at home its 2-3 days. Going to San Diego it took the full 4 so I'm glad we tried it before our last trip.

Highly recommend using it though if you are a prime member!

LAKid53

Premium Member
They are right on quoting 4 days. It really depends on where you live in relation to Amazons fulfillment centers. We are in OH and there a few big centers in Louisville, Harrisburg so our 2 day shipping sometimes is overnight and when we've tried pantry at home its 2-3 days. Going to San Diego it took the full 4 so I'm glad we tried it before our last trip.

Highly recommend using it though if you are a prime member!

I plan on it. Since I'm flying to DLR, I was wondering how to get things I normally like to bring to WDW to DLR in my luggage, like bottles of water, some snacks, etc., and not pay the fee for overweight bags (and worry about a bottle of water bursting from the gentle handling of the baggage handlers, lol). So I've got my box filled and will be pushing that order button about 5 days before my arrival date. I've been a prime member since Amazon launched the service and never heard of the Pantry.

I use the subscription service to order items I use routinely and don't want to run out of because I thought I still had a couple of cans of cat food left. Plus, I get a discount from Amazon's already low prices and shipping is FREE! If you've not checked out subscribe and save, you should. If an item is available with this service, the website will let you know when you select it to place in your cart. And you get to select the frequency of your reorder - from 1 month up to 6 months. And in case you still have plenty of the item still on hand, Amazon sends you an e-mail letting you know your next subscription order is being prepared to ship, so you can reschedule if needed. I didn't pay attention to the e-mail recently and I now have a year's worth of liquid soap refills. Many of the items, like the aforementioned liquid soap refills, are by the case (a pack of 4-6), not individual. I love that service!

I love this website. I've gotten so many excellent tips from other members' posts and learned new things.

LAKid53

Premium Member
However, I feel if I ever got rid of my Amazon account of have a whooooole lot more $.

Oh, so true. Which is why I snagged an Amazon store card - most purchases on the site come with 6 months no interest and I can easily pay it off every other month. And my Prime membership fee is also charged to it.

If I got rid of my Amazon account, I'd have to go shopping at MALLS!!! Full of rude, inattentive clerks. Not to mention the shoppers.....

mm121

Do you need to tell the resort your sending a package? do the resorts charge a fee for accepting a package?

I know some charge a storage fee if something sits for a long time, but that was rare/never at the hotel i use to work at.

SteveW

There was no fee from the resort. I did call the resort to let them know about a delivery and to find how I should have the box addressed. I got the impression you don't have to call ahead. Just setup a Amazon address like:
Customer name (arrival date)
C\O Disney Resort Name
Resort address
Resort city, state and zip code
The resort person I spoke to said they will take and hold deliveries for up to week before your arrival.

Disneykings

Apologies for waking up a really old question .... Does anyone know if its possible to open and use an Amazon Prime Pantry account in the USA but living in England? My daughter loves all things American (well we all do) but as its her Birthday trip, I wanted to order some bits that you cant get here. Like different flavour Oreo's and maybe some sweets. We do have a Garden Grocer order for milk etc but they don't do anything like this and have a back log of special requests... Also, will Saratoga Springs find taking in two orders for me? Only other option is to walk to the petrol station near Springs but not keen. Thanks

LAKid53

Premium Member
Apologies for waking up a really old question .... Does anyone know if its possible to open and use an Amazon Prime Pantry account in the USA but living in England? My daughter loves all things American (well we all do) but as its her Birthday trip, I wanted to order some bits that you cant get here. Like different flavour Oreo's and maybe some sweets. We do have a Garden Grocer order for milk etc but they don't do anything like this and have a back log of special requests... Also, will Saratoga Springs find taking in two orders for me? Only other option is to walk to the petrol station near Springs but not keen. Thanks

I know if you have an Amazon account, you can select a country. I would think if you can order from Amazon living in the UK, you should be able to use Amazon Prime Pantry, provided Amazon lets you have a Prime membership.

That being said, I wouldn't use Prime Pantry to order things like that. You fill up a very big box, and I mean big box...think box bigger than a 27 inch suitcase. As you order items, the system tells you how full the box is and what % the item is of the box's capacity. Here in the U.S., the shipping rate for a Prime Pantry box is $5.

There is a Publix grocery store (biggest and best grocery store chain in Florida) no more than a 15 minute drive from WDW. They have EVERY variety of Oreos, Disney souvenirs, an English food section and just about any treats your daughter would want. You can take either a taxi or Uber to/from the store....taxis sit outside every Disney resort. That would be my suggestion rather than trying to deal with a Prime Pantry order. And walking to the Speedway station near your resort isn't going to be fun if you are visiting while it's still scorching hot. Plus, those convenience stores charge an arm and a leg for snacks.

Have a wonderful trip!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I plan on it. Since I'm flying to DLR, I was wondering how to get things I normally like to bring to WDW to DLR in my luggage, like bottles of water, some snacks, etc., and not pay the fee for overweight bags (and worry about a bottle of water bursting from the gentle handling of the baggage handlers, lol). So I've got my box filled and will be pushing that order button about 5 days before my arrival date. I've been a prime member since Amazon launched the service and never heard of the Pantry.

I use the subscription service to order items I use routinely and don't want to run out of because I thought I still had a couple of cans of cat food left. Plus, I get a discount from Amazon's already low prices and shipping is FREE! If you've not checked out subscribe and save, you should. If an item is available with this service, the website will let you know when you select it to place in your cart. And you get to select the frequency of your reorder - from 1 month up to 6 months. And in case you still have plenty of the item still on hand, Amazon sends you an e-mail letting you know your next subscription order is being prepared to ship, so you can reschedule if needed. I didn't pay attention to the e-mail recently and I now have a year's worth of liquid soap refills. Many of the items, like the aforementioned liquid soap refills, are by the case (a pack of 4-6), not individual. I love that service!

I love this website. I've gotten so many excellent tips from other members' posts and learned new things.

Second that, I LOVE the subscribe and save too, and when you get 5 things a month its 15% more off.....so I rotate based on my inventory of those household/food items....furnace filters, paper towels, tp, etc. it rather has become my Target and I like the bulk savings. I only use Prime when it is free trial service, otherwise I don't order things until I need $50 of items to get the current free shipping, grrr used to be $25 minimum order.....o_O.

The Prime Pantry idea IS interesting, but don't think I would use it personally, I don't mind buying cold water on demand in the parks when I want it, I don't like to tote things around, guess I did when the children were small.....but paying for Prime to use the Pantry would not be very cost effective imho. I do like the idea for long term vacation rentals and for people living in city buildings so they don't have to carry heavy things up stairs....and car issues etc. ;)

Thanks for sharing! Looks like it is a good idea for people who would otherwise leave the park to hit a store. :)

dreamfinder

If Garden Grocer is all backed up, then you may do better to look into WeGoShop. Every order they do is essentially a special order as they buy what you want, where you want. No preset selection online to stick to. I don't know if you can do Pantry with a non US Prime account. You could look into Walmart or Target as they both also deliver items, just need to plan a little more in advance.

SSR should accept as many packages/deliveries as you send them. However Garden Grocer/WeGoShop will go direct to Bell Services, while anything from Amazon may be handled differently depending on how it gets sent. Just make sure to Bell Services accordingly and they will be happy. Last trip we had food from WeGoShop delivered, diapers/wipes from Amazon Prime S/S, and food via Amazon Pantry all arrive.

Disneykings

I know if you have an Amazon account, you can select a country. I would think if you can order from Amazon living in the UK, you should be able to use Amazon Prime Pantry, provided Amazon lets you have a Prime membership.

That being said, I wouldn't use Prime Pantry to order things like that. You fill up a very big box, and I mean big box...think box bigger than a 27 inch suitcase. As you order items, the system tells you how full the box is and what % the item is of the box's capacity. Here in the U.S., the shipping rate for a Prime Pantry box is $5.

There is a Publix grocery store (biggest and best grocery store chain in Florida) no more than a 15 minute drive from WDW. They have EVERY variety of Oreos, Disney souvenirs, an English food section and just about any treats your daughter would want. You can take either a taxi or Uber to/from the store....taxis sit outside every Disney resort. That would be my suggestion rather than trying to deal with a Prime Pantry order. And walking to the Speedway station near your resort isn't going to be fun if you are visiting while it's still scorching hot. Plus, those convenience stores charge an arm and a leg for snacks.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you, that makes things clearer. Taxi to Publix Grocery store sounds like a nice experience too. Thanks again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom