Amazing Pooh Queue Concept Art

FigmentJedi

I'm really doubting it'll look close to this judging from the huge wood facade and the lack of coverage of the castle roof, unless they speed things up in a week.

They were using what looks like the FP line today. What you can see is Looking really good so far.

The only down side I can see so far are the trees are still very young and will probably take a few years for the canopy of trees to fill in.

Vernonpush

Quote:
"These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FASTPASS distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens. Soon, we’ll resume FASTPASS distribution for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Mickey’s PhilharMagic where it will remain during Fantasyland’s expansion."

I wonder how confused Guests will be by this?

MotherOfBirds

That looks lovely! But are they planning to add that other large artificial tree on the right later or what? And I have heard it said on several occasions that yes, the castle will be covered with painted flats that look like foliage (according to the FLE concept model)

The trees are young now, but I think they and all the trees in FLF will look beautiful with age. Just look at how well DAK turned out! You'd never guess that their "jungle" was only about 12 years old.

tirian

Quote:
"These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FASTPASS distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens. Soon, we’ll resume FASTPASS distribution for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Mickey’s PhilharMagic where it will remain during Fantasyland’s expansion."

I wonder how confused Guests will be by this?

EDIT: *** Never mind what I was going to say. It didn't make sense. :D ***

TP2000

The trees are young now, but I think they and all the trees in FLF will look beautiful with age. Just look at how well DAK turned out! You'd never guess that their "jungle" was only about 12 years old.

It looks like they are going for the "Hundred Acre Wood" look that the Anaheim version uses for the exteriors of the Pooh ride. Disneyland's version in Anaheim is heavily wooded, and while WDW won't be able to get away with an outdoor loading area and outdoor sections of track like Disneyland uses due to the Florida climate and rain, the woodsy look is a great fit for Pooh and his friends.

Covered bridge entrance to Pooh ride - Disneyland USA
disney_1007_wthep.jpg

Outdoor loading area and track sections of Pooh ride - Disneyland USA
14-Winnie-the-Pooh-ride.jpg

More trees in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is a good thing. Especially around the Pooh section of the land. :sohappy:

raven

From the hub today:

"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction and Hundred Acre Goods shop are now open as enhancements continue. Beginning Thanksgiving week, young guests will start their adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood by jumping with Tigger, crawling through Eeyore’s house and playing in Rabbit’s garden before they board the attraction. And there’s more magic to come, with additional playful elements debuting throughout the next month.
These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FastPass distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens."

JustInTime

I'm really doubting it'll look close to this judging from the huge wood facade and the lack of coverage of the castle roof, unless they speed things up in a week.

Actually, I was there. They have a sort of mesh tarp up around the work. You can see through it. I actually looks BETTER then the concept art. it it really going to blow you guys away. It is especially beautiful at night. The lanterns on the wooden posts are great.

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
Pooh Queue

I just got back and the Pooh queue is AMAZING!

You enter beside Pooh's house which you can go in for photo ops

Then you go to Tigger's Play Area (which was covered with shrubs and not ready yet.

You go beside a panel with an indented door. If you knock on the door, Piglet will tell you to go away (nicely of course)

Also you will see Eeyores gloomy place which is a photo op

Then we get to Rabbit's garden which just opened the other day. In it are some vegetable shaped drums, a game in which you turn a wheel to bounce some tomatoes, and where you step on a platform and Gopher jumps from a hole (I was scared to death!). Also is Rabbit's Garden was a place covered with shrubs that was not quite finished yet.

Then you get to the touch screen Honey walls where you touch the wall and the honey moved to your handprint. Move enough honey, and an image will appear of Pooh!

Then we finally get to board the ride. It was a fantastic queue and I found myself almost wanted to explore it more than to ride the actual ride. If Disney did this to all its attractions, a sign with "Standby:60 minutes" might be a good thing:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom