Am I Using My Tickets Wrong?

Joshcbf

Original Poster
Hi all I'm new so forgive me if this is posted in wrong area etc. I have been planning a quick 3 day vacay for my family (6 adults 2 toddlers).

My wife and I had 2 Magic Kingdom tix on my account so we bought a couple 2 day tickets. We figure we could use day 1 of the 2 day ticket at AK on Tuesday and our Magic Kingdom 1day ticket on Wednesday (we are purposefully not going during the Halloween celebration) then use the last day of the 2 day ticket on Thursday. (Any1 confused yet?)

My main concern is how does the system know which ticket to use when I scan my magic band? Is there a protocol built in to use tickets a certain way when available in different combinations?

Enter the Fastpass issues...I'm not staying on property so at the 30 day mark at 6am cst I woke up and started reserving fast passes for AK. The next morning for Magic Kingdom and the third morning for Hollywood Studios...error "you don't have any fast passes left"...so I called and the seemed to have straightened it out.

Then I receive an email stating there is an issue with my fastpasses that requires immediate attention or my passes will be gone by 9/21. I call again, explain situation and am told that many others received that email and not to worry my fast passes will go unchanged! Well, on 9/22 my passes are gone. I call again!

They read the notes from my previous troubles , I explain the situation and let them know my main concern is avoiding ticketing issues at the park entrance trying to get toddlers to rope drop in the morning...also known as a human circus!
I get on hold 20 minutes then am told my fast passes have been manually fixed and I should have no trouble getting into the gate at all! (Said in some magical way I'm sure). Frankly, I don't believe them at this point! When I logged into my account it shows that they basically "gifted" me "extra" fast passes...problem is why isn't it recognizing that I am "owed" fast passes to begin with? That makes me think system error with ticketing information (since you must have valid ticketing to book fast passes).

Has Any1 combined old and new tickets on a trip before? Did it work? This is supposed to be Magic Your Way if I remember the marketing correctly? Should I stand on my lawn and scream "oh tootles?"

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy first post!

Clamman73

Hi all I'm new so forgive me if this is posted in wrong area etc. I have been planning a quick 3 day vacay for my family (6 adults 2 toddlers).

My wife and I had 2 Magic Kingdom tix on my account so we bought a couple 2 day tickets. We figure we could use day 1 of the 2 day ticket at AK on Tuesday and our Magic Kingdom 1day ticket on Wednesday (we are purposefully not going during the Halloween celebration) then use the last day of the 2 day ticket on Thursday. (Any1 confused yet?)

My main concern is how does the system know which ticket to use when I scan my magic band? Is there a protocol built in to use tickets a certain way when available in different combinations?

Enter the Fastpass issues...I'm not staying on property so at the 30 day mark at 6am cst I woke up and started reserving fast passes for AK. The next morning for Magic Kingdom and the third morning for Hollywood Studios...error "you don't have any fast passes left"...so I called and the seemed to have straightened it out.

Then I receive an email stating there is an issue with my fastpasses that requires immediate attention or my passes will be gone by 9/21. I call again, explain situation and am told that many others received that email and not to worry my fast passes will go unchanged! Well, on 9/22 my passes are gone. I call again!

They read the notes from my previous troubles , I explain the situation and let them know my main concern is avoiding ticketing issues at the park entrance trying to get toddlers to rope drop in the morning...also known as a human circus!
I get on hold 20 minutes then am told my fast passes have been manually fixed and I should have no trouble getting into the gate at all! (Said in some magical way I'm sure). Frankly, I don't believe them at this point! When I logged into my account it shows that they basically "gifted" me "extra" fast passes...problem is why isn't it recognizing that I am "owed" fast passes to begin with? That makes me think system error with ticketing information (since you must have valid ticketing to book fast passes).

Has Any1 combined old and new tickets on a trip before? Did it work? This is supposed to be Magic Your Way if I remember the marketing correctly? Should I stand on my lawn and scream "oh tootles?"

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy first post!
Before you enter through the turnstiles, go to guest services first at the Park (AK) and have them prioritize the ticket you want to use first.

DfromATX

Before you enter through the turnstiles, go to guest services first at the Park (AK) and have them prioritize the ticket you want to use first.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why does he have to specify which park he's going to? I've never done that before.

Clamman73

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why does he have to specify which park he's going to? I've never done that before.
The OP stated that the first fastpasses made were for AK. I'm just emphasizing that before you go through the turnstiles at animal kingdom, go to guest services first at AK since the person is staying offsite.

Joshcbf

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I was hoping to avoid any extra stops in the morning with 2 2yr olds and 5 other adults wanting to do rope drop and rush to Flight of Passage in Pandora! And yes next time I will plan more in advance and stay onsite!!! This went from a quick 3 day extension to a business trip to a "Let's bring the whole family and rent a big house with a pool" situation so fast! lol

Has any1 used single and multi day tickets in a weird order before though? Just can't believe I'm the first person to go through this?

Clamman73

Thanks guys, I was hoping to avoid any extra stops in the morning with 2 2yr olds and 5 other adults wanting to do rope drop and rush to Flight of Passage in Pandora! And yes next time I will plan more in advance and stay onsite!!! This went from a quick 3 day extension to a business trip to a "Let's bring the whole family and rent a big house with a pool" situation so fast! lol

Has any1 used single and multi day tickets in a weird order before though? Just can't believe I'm the first person to go through this?
I think what might happen if you didn't bother with the prioritize before AK, if you went straight to the turnstiles at AK, it would read your 2-day ticket since the MK ticket wouldn't be valid there.

However, the following day when you go to MK, that 2-day ticket is first in line to be used and it would use the second day up.

So before entering the MK on the second day, you definitely need to prioritize that MK only ticket so you can save the 2-day ticket for the third day.

DfromATX

The OP stated that the first fastpasses made were for AK. I'm just emphasizing that before you go through the turnstiles at animal kingdom, go to guest services first at AK since the person is staying offsite.

Ah, I see... I misread/misunderstood his question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom