ALL the resorts already booked????

LadyDarling

What in the heck? I'm trying to check out prices on a last minute trip to Disneyworld Dec 6-10th - just a quick long weekend away. But every place I visit on line says NONE of the value resorts have any rooms??! What happened! This used to be on of the SLOWEST times of the year to go!

Am I nuts or am I missing something?!

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Mousefest and crowds

Hm... so it looks like I'm stuck staying off property. Can you tell me more about Mousefest? How will it impact the usual holiday crowds (or lack of)?

Upvote 0

Rob562

MouseFest is going on during this time that is why all the rooms at the value resorts are booked.

While MouseFest does *marginally* increase the crowds, the more probable reason that all of the Values are booked up is because of the Pop Warner Football playoffs happening that week. The Pop Warner kids stay in the Value resorts (and overflow into Moderates). I believe their week is Dec. 2-9th this year.

-Rob

Upvote 0

jjgoo

It might not just be Mousefest. It could be also that some of the trip consolidators have blocked out rooms that are not actually sold. Try going through someone like AAA or Mousefan Travel and you might find that you have no problem getting a room.

Also if you are willing to pay a little bit more, I think the Swan and Dolphin are having some good deal for that time of the year like $129 a night. You can't beat that price for those hotels. I think the only Dinsey perks you cannot get staying there is hotel package delivery or the dining plan.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The resorts are booked solid due to Pop Warner and have been for more than a month. If you can move your dates there was a ton of availability starting on 12/9/06 when I booked about 6 weeks ago.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

What in the heck? I'm trying to check out prices on a last minute trip to Disneyworld Dec 6-10th - just a quick long weekend away. But every place I visit on line says NONE of the value resorts have any rooms??! What happened! This used to be on of the SLOWEST times of the year to go!

Sorry to hear you can't get in. We are going from the 6th to the 11th, and when we booked in August (start of AP discounts) we were amazed at how few rooms were left. Even a month ago... searches for rooms during the same time came up with nothing. Hope you find someplace to stay during this time or are able to adjust your schedule.

Good Hunting.:xmas:

Upvote 0

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Yep, sorry - even going through the the Disney Travel Agent site there are no rooms available for this time peroid at any of the Value or Moderate Resorts. The 1st resort I found that had rooms available started at $305 a night at the Boardwalk.

Sorry - looks like it's off property for you Mr.! :cry:

Have a great trip if you still end up going!!! Christmas time is (and if I've said this once I've said it a gazillion times) the most beee-u-tif-ul time of year at WDW.

Upvote 0

napnet

Whats really odd is i called Disney and they said no rooms in the value resorts for Dec 6th... so i went online and i booked one (AS Music) without any problem (this was 3 weeks ago). Very strange the systems are not hooked up or the guy was wrong :)

Upvote 0

Yellow Strap

Don't you also miss out on the EMH and bus transportation by staying at the Swan/Dolphin?

The only Disney perks you don't receive at the Swan/Dolphin are the Magic Express bus service from the airports, Disney dining plan, and being able to use your room key to charge at the parks.

You do get Disney Bus Transportation, Extra Magic Hours, and Hotel package delivery.

Upvote 0

wpgminnie

The Baseball Winter Meetings are in Orlando. The Minor League forum
and show are at the Swan and Dolphin. I know many baseball people who are combining work and pleasure, and staying at WDW!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I just got some new rates for the Radisson for just $69. Check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts_radissonorlando.htm :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom