All Star Transportation?

Soarin2u

Original Poster
Okay! I really need to know just about all the All Stars issues and pros. I am planning a graduation party for the future. Not sure if it can happen but it'll be for me and my 3 'Cello buddies' (As we called ourselves in 7th grade) (We also have the same middle name, even the male of the group :D) I'd love for it to be at the most magical place on earth. But of course prices should be kept down so I'm aiming for a value. My default would have been Pop, but since we are musicians, I'd like to have it at the All Star Music resort. But the biggest thing for me is Transportation, yea, I will probably hate sharing busses with other resorts. I just really need to know how bad it gets with the busses. I plan on it being right as the end of the school year (Mid May) which usually isn't a very busy time. If I get half of the posts on here saying 'It sucks,' SWOOSH! it's off my list. I. WILL. NOT. DEAL. WITH. CRAPPY. TRANSPORTATION .:D I am a moderate stayer, its already bad enough that I must say goodbye my beloved Coronado for my friends. Plus I'm not a huge fan of larger than life items but the prices need to stay low but, Either way, thank you!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While I'm sure a stay at All Star Music would be fun, if you want my opinion...do Pop. You can share busses with AoA. It's the best bus experience I've ever had at Disney (as both resorts run their own lines, but are right next door)...

If you all really want a "musical" memory moment, just hotel hop through the resort.

The Mighty Tim

I've stayed at all three AS resorts. Sometimes you share buses, sometimes you don't. From the parks in the evening, each AS resort has a dedicated bus, however the advantage is that you have not one, but three buses to choose from. A walk from one AS resort to another doesn't really take that long at all.

aw14

I was at ASM in March. Bear in mind that was not a peak time, and it was still rough. Slow service and very crowded. However, I was at POFQ for New Years and it was 10 times better at least.

jw24

My understanding is that each AS resort gets its own bus for the MK and during peak periods when people are going to or leaving from the parks, I think. But during less busy times or the offseason where it isn't as crowded and everytime when going to Downtown Disney, it's a shared bus and they drop off in this order: Sports, Music and Movies and it never changes. Unless you're at Sports (The first stop of AS resorts), there is a possibility you may not get a seat or even a standing spot on if you're at Music or Movies. The ride is a little bit longer but with Movies, it's a quicker ride to DTD or the parks if you're riding on a shared bus but then again, there's always the chance that the bus is too crowded and you'll need to wait for another and who knows how long that will take! Having said that, I've been to AS Sports and Pop Century and needless to say, I prefer Pop Century! You have your own bus and don't have to share with Art of Animation.

Soarin2u

Original Poster
I'm going to put it down as pop. I can't book it yet, I got another a year to wait before I should even try booking it. I am currently setting up my 'Presentation' for the parents and friends since I'm the one who suggested this idea. I just need things that give the general idea, of this is what it will be like and the approximate cost ($800-900 each assuming prices will go up as time goes) Thanks for the help! The transportation doesn't sound to awful as I made it out to be late last night, but since the parks are more important than the resort, I'll just go for the resort that can actually get me there! :)

stargrl33

I stayed at Music in May. I have also stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and the Caribbean Resort. I would say that the bus transportation at ASM was a big worse than French Quarter but comparable to Caribbean.

The longest we had to wait for a bus was 25 minutes. It sucked because there was no shade at the resort bus stop. All of the park bus stops seem to have shade so that wasn't as bad.

When the parks closed at night, most of the time the bus line for Music was crazy long so we usually hopped on the Sports bus (which never seemed to have a wait and always seemed to have a bus arriving just as we were walking up). It's a five minute walk from the Sports resort to the Music resort and it was just the 2 of us with no kids or strollers to lug, so we didn't mind at all.

From what I remember, we only shared buses with the other value resorts when we were one of the last people leaving the parks and they lumped us all together. And I think the bus from Downtown Disney might have only one bus for the all-stars.

Overall, the bus experience didn't bother me. I was worried since I have also heard the horror stories, but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. Hope this helps!

FigmentFan1975

I am a moderate stayer, its already bad enough that I must say goodbye my beloved Coronado for my friends. Plus I'm not a huge fan of larger than life items but the prices need to stay low but, Either way, thank you!

I've stayed at the All-Stars before and buses were fine. Not sure why everyone makes such a big deal of them possibly sharing buses, usually at off-peak times... If you are used to a moderate resort, what is the difference between the All-Stars sharing and the multiple bus stops within the very spread out Coronado resort? Even if they do share buses, the All-Stars are close together and it takes very little time to make 3 quick stops at each resort at most. I would think thats the same as one resort with multiple bus stops. And most of the time, the All-Stars do not share buses. Plus, staying at Music, you'd have an advantage in getting back from a park, because you could hop on any All-Star bus and then just walk back to Music (since its in the middle of the other two resorts), giving you even more bus options. I've stayed once at Pop too and not sure why everyone thinks buses there are any better. Its a much bigger resort than an invidivual All-Star, so there are many more people to share the buses even if they have their "own buses". The deluxe resorts even share buses too, but no one complains about them. I would never pick a resort based on what bus transportation "might be" like... its basically the same and there could be bad experiences once in a while everywhere.

Neph-Neph

I've stayed at the All-Stars before and buses were fine. Not sure why everyone makes such a big deal of them possibly sharing buses, usually at off-peak times... If you are used to a moderate resort, what is the difference between the All-Stars sharing and the multiple bus stops within the very spread out Coronado resort? Even if they do share buses, the All-Stars are close together and it takes very little time to make 3 quick stops at each resort at most. I would think thats the same as one resort with multiple bus stops. And most of the time, the All-Stars do not share buses. Plus, staying at Music, you'd have an advantage in getting back from a park, because you could hop on any All-Star bus and then just walk back to Music (since its in the middle of the other two resorts), giving you even more bus options. I've stayed once at Pop too and not sure why everyone thinks buses there are any better. Its a much bigger resort than an invidivual All-Star, so there are many more people to share the buses even if they have their "own buses". The deluxe resorts even share buses too, but no one complains about them. I would never pick a resort based on what bus transportation "might be" like... its basically the same and there could be bad experiences once in a while everywhere.

The reason why I complain is the number of people that they cram on the bus when they're shared. And when people want to exit the bus at their stop but there's nowhere to move to let them off.

Waiting to get herded on the bus also takes longer when you're lined up with two other resorts. Or if you're staying at movies it's almost guaranteed you'll be standing armpit to armpit with your new best friend you never met.

No thanks. I want at least a shot at a seat.

I also realize some of these issues are on any bus in the resort so if possible I like to have a car on property if I can.

Soarin2u

Original Poster

The all star music resort holds 1008 rooms the ASM by itself has 1920. The Coronado 1967 rooms, but it is more expensive so there are fewer people and I've never been there during crowded times so I've never run into any issues. So the buses aren't crowded?*Sarcasm*
One thing we all hate, crowds. We all cannot stand being in a place with to many people, that is one reason why we leave the day after graduation,it is right before peak time. Plus since this is all my idea, it is my responsibility to make this their trip of a lifetime. I'm a going to do anything to make them happy. None of them have gone since before 2nd grade so I really need to show them all that Disney has to offer, which is something I can't do while waiting for an empty bus. A resort is resort I don't care what it looks like all that much as long as the amenities are good, and if transportation is considered bad by many, I have no heart to be determined to stay there. I've heard a ton of good things about Pop, and if the ASM was considered just as good, I'd go there no questions asked, but it isn't.
The only reason I love the Coronado is because we do waste a lot of time there thanks to my mother taking 2 hours to get ready. It's a gorgeous resort with a peaceful atmosphere that is worth wasting time there. No matter what value resort, I can't see myself really wanting to spend to much time there, I just need the one that offers the best stuff.

Soarin2u

Original Poster
I stayed at Music in May. I have also stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and the Caribbean Resort. I would say that the bus transportation at ASM was a big worse than French Quarter but comparable to Caribbean.

The longest we had to wait for a bus was 25 minutes. It sucked because there was no shade at the resort bus stop. All of the park bus stops seem to have shade so that wasn't as bad.

When the parks closed at night, most of the time the bus line for Music was crazy long so we usually hopped on the Sports bus (which never seemed to have a wait and always seemed to have a bus arriving just as we were walking up). It's a five minute walk from the Sports resort to the Music resort and it was just the 2 of us with no kids or strollers to lug, so we didn't mind at all.

From what I remember, we only shared buses with the other value resorts when we were one of the last people leaving the parks and they lumped us all together. And I think the bus from Downtown Disney might have only one bus for the all-stars.

Overall, the bus experience didn't bother me. I was worried since I have also heard the horror stories, but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. Hope this helps!
Yes thank you, I too imagined it to be a lot worse but thanks to this thread I learned it isn't all that bad, but I just don't think I'd care for it. Now, I just want a resort that will offer us the best experience. The music was just an thought and if I had heard better things about it, I'd surely go for it, but I think Pop will offer us more. :)

mickeysbrother

I always stay at the all star resorts. I have stayed at the Dolphin and swan a couple of times and yes the buses are never as crowded. But you get what you pay for. I can deal with a crowded bus 2 times a day when i pay 69 dollars a night for a hotel and get a place to sleep and transportation and a magical vacation. Yes i would love to stay at the poly or the grand but ill never use the amenities so whats the point.

Cheap vacation stay at all stars and deal with the 15 min bus ride with your new family lol.. Or just walk around the park a bit after closing and voila no one on the bus.

smurphy28

We stayed at All Star Sports at the end of May this year and had no problems with the transportation. We had a one year old with us, and were worries about the transportation heading into the trip. However, we had no problems while at the resort.

I would say that half of the time we shared with other the other resorts. The mornings buses never went to the other AS resorts. The only time we had to share was when we came and went from the parks mid-day. At mid-day they weren't crowded at all though, so that was not an issue.

To be honest, we were always able to get a seat and never had to wait an excessively long time. All Star Music would be the second stop on the AS loop, so my guess is that you would never have an issue using the buses. You could even request a room close to AS Sports and use their stop so that you'd be the first picked up.

Again, we did not have issues with the bus service. It wad always great and we never had to wait for long. I wouldn't be afraid of it if I were you!

tare

I prefer the pop. But in the past while staying at music we only had to share our buses 2 times that I can remember with the other two resorts. B

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom