All Star Music

kellydisney

Hi everyone,

I am staying at the All Star Music, it's our first time on site! I cannot wait. That said, I was wondering how you can lock in on a specific building. We really like the look of the Broadway section. And what would be quieter, upstairs or downstairs? Any other info on this resort?? Thanks!

s25843

Hi,
Try to get a building that is closest to the main building. The walking distances can be extremely far from some of the buildings. Also try to stay on the 1st floor, its much quicker.

Upvote 0

Koda-bear

Broadway is very quiet...very few families with small children stay in those buildings due to the fact that it is one of the fatherest from the food court....
Its a great location....close to the "quiet" pool...
The distance to the food court is not bad...sometimes maps make it seem longer...although your walk could be longer/shorter depending on what side your placed on....
Ground floor would be quicker...but not as quiet....they usually get a lot of foot traffic...I recommend a room on the second floor...close to the stairs....
Although...being on the ground floor has advantages...I feel I have more privacy staying on a higher floor

Koda

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

I just stayed there and was in the country fair building right next to it trust me you dont want to stay there it is an extremly long walk to the food courts bus area and we took a car to the parks and it was an extremely long walk to the parking lot If I had know I would have paid the extra to stay close to the food courts and busses because after a long day of walking in the park its exhausting to walk all the way to the back to get to your hotel room

Upvote 0

wsapooh

I stayed there a few years ago and was in the Jazz Inn which was a good location. I heard lots of complaints from others staying farther back (Country, Broadway) that the walk was just too far to get to the busses and food courts. Jazz was just far enough away from the main bldg and pool to be quiet but close enough that it wasn't a pain to get back and forth.
There is no way to guarantee a certain building but you can put in a request for one. I would request Jazz. Calypso is even closer to the main building but it's also right next to the main pool so it may be louder due to kiddies having their daily dip. May not be good if you take afternoon naps. I haven't stayed in that one so I honestly don't know if this is an issue or not. Maybe someone who has stayed in Calypso would be able to comment on that building.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Original Poster
We're bringing a car and I'm not "big" on food courts so we don't care how close we are to the busses and food court... BUT how far is the parking lot away from the building? It's just the two of us so upstairs sounds like a good, quiet bet :) What do you think?

Upvote 0

Koda-bear

I just notcied you were from Boston...
we live just South of there...

the parking lots are located right behind both buildings...depending on what side you are on..it can be a 2-5 min walk...nothing serious...it's also shared with the Movies...
Since your not big on the food court ....I think the location would be perfect for you guys...

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

kelly it was quite a distance walk to the car ( we came in late on thursday night and had to lug all our luggage by ourselves ) and it was horrible plus my mom who has asthma had to do breathing treatments everytime we went back in the room from the long walk from the parking lot I am definately paying the extra money to go to the perferred rooms from now on if I stay in any of the all stars

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I think we will stick with upstairs in Broadway, if I had asthma, I wouldn't but since it's only a short walk and we're young, we'll be fine!

Koda, we live in Quincy, where are you from? Alot of people from MA are on these boards! With our hellish winter/spring, I think we're all daydreaming haha :)

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

The Main Parking Lot for MUSIC runs across the front of the Resort, which is near (you guessed it!) the Food Courts and the Busses! :lol:
If you drive around to the side towards your building, though, there is also plenty of parking near your building!

People always carry on about how long a walk it is to here or there, but trust me....the grounds are beautifully maintained, and we find that a walk through them is a nice relaxing way to start and end our days.

For quieter rooms, request a top floor Broadway room and you will probably get it, as most people think that "it's too far away". Unless either of you has a physical disability that makes walking uncomfortable, or you are one of those people that circles the Wal-Mart parking lot for hours to prevent yourself from having to walk an extra 10 yards, you'll be all set!

Like I said....the grounds are beautiful, and you get a nice close up look at all the other buildings on your walk by.

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

My Dad has a bum knee so we always pay the extra to stay near the main entrance, the last two times we were in the Calypso. To me upstairs is nosier - with all the kids running from one end to the other. The side facing the pool is very noisey, the other side is not. I'm so tired from being in the parks all day that after a hot shower someone screaming into a megaphone wouldn't wake me (this is probably the one time I sleep like this).

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Original Poster
Brer,

I totally agree. Disney scenery is AMAZING! I was looking up the jogging trails and I think we will be trying the trail around the PO Riverside. I love hidden treasures like that. I just basically want a nice, quiet (as possible for the All Stars) room away from the pool haha so Broadway sounds perfect. And I love the B&B box office theme! It looks so pretty at night. I really can't wait, it's so sad because it's only July haha :brick:

Upvote 0

Koda-bear

Oh we live in Weymouth...but I grew up in Quincy..same with my mother...
we lived right off the FB Parkway...

I think you made the right choice about broadway...you'll have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

Hi Kelly, I stayed at All Star Music back in 97, so I don't remember the specific building name that we were in. I do remember that it was behind the huge Cowboy boot, and I don't think I'd want to be that far out. I'm a walker, and I walk 3 + miles 4 to 5 x a week, so it wasn't the walking involved that I didn't like... I just didn't like the location. We drove that time also, and it took forever to get to the parking lot, especially with our luggage... that took over an hour, my hubby & I going back & forth. I'm going to be staying there again, in less than 3 weeks!! woo-hoo!! and when I made my reservation I requested the Jazz section, because I've been told that it's quiet there, and not too far out... hope you get the section you want... and I hope I do too! :D
BTW... I have an aunt that lives in Braintree! I love it there! Growing up, I'd go stay with her, and we'd go in to Boston on the subway, and visit all the great places in Boston! The Pru... Baskin' Robbins, Jordan Marsh at Christmas time... the swan boats... ahhh... memories...

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Original Poster
Wow Braintree and Weymouth, it's a small world! We just moved to Quincy in May. We live off of the Southern Artery. I used to live north of the city in Pepperell. (small small town). I love the area! I like Boston, but someday I want to move where the sun shines and I can wear shorts year round! John (my bf) and I joke that we will retire and work part time in the parks. At least he's joking... haha

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom