All-Star Movies

Dwarful

Ok now that we have our reservations for Cinderellas breakfast I can worry about the other things! We are staying at all-star movies. We have two rooms..travelling w/5 kids~ we have never stayed at movies only at music and sports. So if you could give me some opinions on what part of the hotel i should ask for it would be a big help. Would like to be near things since we are travelling w/a 2,5,8,12 & 15 yr old. Thanks for the info~

David

5 kids, huh? You DO know what causes that, right? Just Kidding....

We are staying at Movies in October and a couple of weeks ago I asked about location, and I was told that if you want the building closest to the food court, ask for the Fantasmic building. If you fax them a request about 7-5 days before you go, they try to get you in the building you want.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

SJTSmith

Stay in the Toy Story buildings or in the 101 Dalmations buildings they are both close to the pool and to the front for food and buses. I have stayed in the Buzz building and it was nice because it was a short walk to everything and I love Buzz so that made it fun.

Upvote 0
We stayed in 101 Dalmations last Thanksgiving and loved it. I thought it was closer to the Food Court than Toy Story. Just try and avoid Mighty Ducks and Herbie. With the little ones, that would be a loooonnnggg trek. Especially after a full day at the parks.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would say Fantasia...but now they charge extra to stay there saying it is a preferred section. So your best bet is to stay at 101 Dalmations or Toy Story. I would probably go for Toy Story over 101 also, but that is your personal preference.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Hey David your off the hook ;) Only two are ours! We have a tag along of two nephews and one niece! I know my husband is a saint.. because its my side of the family not his LOL! But my sister is coming along too, which is good because two of the kids are hers. The other is my brothers but they cant go:( But they are letting us have their son for the 10 days. He is the oldest so he is the least trouble (and he has NEVER been to DW)...maybe he can keep his cousin in line (the boys are the oldest two). This is our first trip as a group, but I didnt want any surprises and I know at the other all stars some of the rooms are waaayyy out there, so I appreciate all of the help! Last thing we want is to trek out half a mile to our room after a full day in the parks!

Upvote 0

David

I know you will all have a great time together, especially the ones who are going for the first time. Like you, we have stayed at Sports two times before, so this will be our first Movies stay. But as I re-read my original post, I noticed that I mentioned the Fantasmic building. Mea Culpa----that should be FANTASIA.

Upvote 0

Cindy Rella

I would go Buzz building, best themeing, close to main building and Fantasia pool, no extra costs as with Fantasia building and less niose and traffic than 101 - plus we love the Big Buzz!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I'm with most of the others--we stayed at Toy Story and liked it a lot. I would go with Fantasia if you don't mind the extra cost, however. I think it's the best themed area...but Buzz comes in second.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
with or without kids? I asked about Movies with KIDS because we have 5 kids in our group. So if you have kids you might want to review the above posts because they are all about movies with kids I think we will try for ToyStory buzz is a big favorite with the kids if we dont get that one then i guess we will go for 101 dalmations. but its nice to know the layout before you go so you arent miles away from everything! Either way it will be loads of fun! Cant wait to get there and we wont want to go home!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
When we made our reservations they told me the upgrade price was $10 a night more than the standard view. So we said skip it since we have two rooms and will be there for 10 days, we decided it wasn't worth the cost..rather have the cash for inside the parks! Of course we used our Disney Club Card (old magic kingdom club card) discount so I don't know if that had an effect on the price upgrade or not.

Upvote 0

mej

The "Herbie" rooms are very far back from the main food court etc. Mighty Duck is quite remote but does have a quieter pool and a coin laundry which is less busy than the one at the main pool - with 5 kids I would imagine you would need the laundry! I travelled with 4 kids and it seemed to be my second home!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks..five kids and ten days...you better know I will be spending a few hours at the laundry...while my husband is pool side with the kids most likely! Although..my sister can help w/laundry too! But I prefer to pack light and do laundry so thanks for that info!

Upvote 0

MDJ

We stayed in the Love Bug building, with kids ages 3, 6, and 7. The walk to the lobby and Fantasia pool wasn't bad at all, in my opinion. Given all the walking you will do while at the parks, it was just a short stroll. It was also very quiet in our building, and we were very close to the parking lot, making it easy to load and unload. We really liked staying there.

Mark

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom