All Star Movies Resort questions

kjbean

Since our budget is most likely requiring us to lean towards a value resort instead of a moderate I originally hoped for, I had a few questions about ASMovie. Mostly I want to know about any refurbishments recently. Do the rooms offer full or queen size beds, is the TV a bit more updated from pictures I've seen or are they still the old school 'tube' TV? Also, does anyone know which rooms are "preferred"? I saw somewhere that the Toy Story rooms are preferred, but want to be sure I get the most accurate information.

Also, anyone else have thoughts about ASMovies? I think the theming of this resort would be the most fun for our family with 2 boys (they will be 9 and 5) over the other values, so that's why I'm focusing my research on this one.

Pioneer Hall

The beds in all the value resorts are double beds. The TV's are now flat panel screens as well.

Preferred buildings are located in the 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, and Fantasia sections of the resort. I agree that the Movies theme will probably be the best bet for your family. I recently stayed at Sports for a few nights last month, and I took a walk around all the resorts in the area. Movies was definitely my favorite (and in my opinion had the best layout as well) when it came to the All Stars.

Upvote 0

Fable McCloud

I've stayed at Movies twice now, and it's really great. We were in the Herbie building in the back, but It's a nice layout, and a fun place to stay. The only thing that sucks is trying to sleep 2 adults on full-sized beds rather than a king sized bed, but hey, it's manageable.

Upvote 0

kjbean

Original Poster
The only thing that sucks is trying to sleep 2 adults on full-sized beds rather than a king sized bed, but hey, it's manageable.

I'm not TOO worried about that as I'm sure we'll end up with 1 adult and 1 child in each bed knowing our kids. It'd be nicer if they had queens, but it is what it is.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Of the All-Stars, the Movies is my favorite as well, but you might want to consider Pop as well, it has become my favorite of the value resorts.

Not sure what will happen to the bus service when the new Art of Animation opens, but I always leaned to Pop because of the dedicated bus service there and I just never liked the three-stop All-Star route.

Upvote 0

Sarabell

I stayed at ASMo in September. The place is awesome, the full beds were not an issue at all and there was an old tube tv in our room, but we didn't spend too much time in our rooms so just to watch a bit of tv before we passed out the old tv was ok.

if you have kids I'm sure they will love the theming. We stayed in the Toy Story building and it's so beautiful! we were 3 adults and yet we felt like kids.

Upvote 0

dgm21578

It's more Disney than most

We are going to the Movie Resort in about week for the second time. Our first visit there was back in Sept. 08 when our girls were very little. I think the movie theme makes you feel like you are at Disney World more than any other resort I've been to. My biggest complaint with Disney would be the lack of Disney themed resorts. They've gotten better with the pirate rooms at the Caribbean and the new royal rooms at Port Orleans, but the movie resort is directly off of some classic Disney movies. In fact, we are only spending a few days at the Movie resort before heading over to the Polynesian because my girls really loved to stay there.

I guess my point is, the money wasn't a factor, my kids prefer the value resort over all the moderates and deluxe resorts have been to on our last 5 trips.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom