All-Star Movies questions...

.:Adam:.

Hello. I am heading to WDW in 8 days, we are staying at All-Star Movies Resort and i have a few questions that have been on my mind, and i thought i might as well ask the experts!

1. What TV channels do you get at the resort? (i guess ABC, ESPN and the Disney Channel?)
  2. Do each section/floor have a vending machine and ice machine?
  3. Is the mighty ducks section classed as preffered, as because the fantasia pool will be closed, this seems to be the best location to request.
  4. Also i have heard, usually the busses can be quite crowded as they are shared with the other AS Resorts, will this be the same during September or will it be a lot quieter.
Thanks alot!
Adam

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
1. What TV channels do you get at the resort? (i guess ABC, ESPN and the Disney Channel?)

It's fairly limited, but they have those along with some networks and other common channels (and a lot of special park-related channels). Unless they've changed it, no Nick, Cartoon Network, etc. (as you may have guessed).

If I remember correctly, there is Ice on every floor. Munchies are on every other floor. I'm drawing a bit of a blank, but I think there are soda machines on every floor. (but I may be wrong about that). The ice and vending are near the center of each building near the elevators.

3. Is the mighty ducks section classed as preffered, as because the fantasia pool will be closed, this seems to be the best location to request.

I believe Fantasia is the preferred section (closest to the main building). If you would prefer mighty ducks, you can probably get it since it's the farthest from the main building, most people would prefer to not get it. I doubt you will be able to reserve it ahead of time, but if you request the Mighty ducks when you get there, I expect they'll give it to you (and you won't have to pay the extra (10 bucks?) for the preferred building.

4. Also i have heard, usually the busses can be quite crowded as they are shared with the other AS Resorts, will this be the same during September or will it be a lot quieter.

We've never had a problem, and September shouldn't be too bad. Actually the busses only seem to be shared during the slower times (late morning, early afternoon). During the mornings and evenings, they seem to have more busses running and more dedicated busses.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Hello. I am heading to WDW in 8 days, we are staying at All-Star Movies Resort and i have a few questions that have been on my mind, and i thought i might as well ask the experts!
Thanks alot!
Adam

1. You'll get all the channels you get in any Disney hotel, the local channels (CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox), ESPN, Lifetime, CNN, Weather Channel, Disney Programming, TBS?, and a few others.

2. There are ice vending machines on each floor of each section. I believe the soda and snack vending machines alternate floors (not 100% sure).

3. Mighty Ducks section is not preferred but is very close to the Music bus stops and food court. I stayed in this section and used the Music facilities since they were closer and less crowded.

4. I wasn't impressed with Movies busing a few years back and took the short walk to Music where it was better. The lines were shorter and empty buses were pulling in. At certain times of the day you'll have your own bus, at others you share with Sports and Music.

Upvote 0

sandman50

We were just in bldg 7 end of July.
Ice on each floor but soda machine was on 1st floor and candy/snacks were on 2nd where we were.At $2.50 a shot for vending soda I suggest getting a 2liter from the general store.

I've never had any issues with bus travel from all-stars.Sure you might have to wait some and it can be standing room only from parks at closing but in all the trips I've made it's never really been a problem.I think they do a pretty good job.

rich

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I believe the soda and snack vending machines alternate floors (not 100% sure).

Yep, that's definitely the way they do it. I was drawing a mental blank when I was typing my response (the exact same time you were typing yours:lol: ), but now I remember they definitely alternated.

Upvote 0

.:Adam:.

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help guys! As sodas go, were gonna buy the re-fillable mugs so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom