All Disney shows sound the same?!

strikeuptheband

Original Poster
Listening to all these show soundtracks from the parks around the world, I began to realize how similar they all sound. It's a rough draft I quickly concocted in a matter of minutes so it's not 100% perfect but you get the gist of how these shows aren't really all that different from one another. Not that it's a bad thing, they're all special in their own way but it's fun to hear them all intertwine with one another (it's actually really easy to put them all together without it sounding terrible). Take a listen and tell me what you think (featuring Disney Dreams DLP, Once Upon a Time TDL, Celebrate the Magic MK, World of Color DCA)

JIMINYCR

They all have that exuberant pitch and flare that says excitement and Disney. But I dont think they are so similar that when I listen to them I hear a close copy. Disney does tend to come out with particular sounds that make you think of Disney right away.

thomas998

Listening to all these show soundtracks from the parks around the world, I began to realize how similar they all sound. It's a rough draft I quickly concocted in a matter of minutes so it's not 100% perfect but you get the gist of how these shows aren't really all that different from one another. Not that it's a bad thing, they're all special in their own way but it's fun to hear them all intertwine with one another (it's actually really easy to put them all together without it sounding terrible). Take a listen and tell me what you think (featuring Disney Dreams DLP, Once Upon a Time TDL, Celebrate the Magic MK, World of Color DCA)

I wonder if they all have the same composer or come from the same group, because I've often found that some composers don't really wander too far from their comfort zone musically... That they often have little things that end up in most everything they write... For example if you listen to a bunch of Elton John Songs from the 80's and 90's they are pretty much unmistakably his and you know it even before he sings simply because of how the piano part is written... Same thing seems to be going on with the Disney stuff... but I don't know if it is unconscious because it is the same composer doing them all, or if it intended with whoever does one being told to make it sound like Disney so they are just borrowing the style of previous works. Would be interesting to know who does create the music for them.

Jahona

It's just like a brand image but with Music. Similar tone and feel unify that this is Disney yet each song has it's own flare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom