Alien Encounter

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
Could someone please tell me some of th stuff that happens in Alien Encounter that is so scary? I just watched the video of this ride over at Digital-Disney and couldn't tell why everyone was screaming? I won't be able to experience this ride because I won't be able to sit in the seats....I can take my wheelchair into this ride but won't be able to experience any of the effects probably. :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The effects that happen when you're sitting in the theater that you can't experience on digital disney are simple, but they make a world of difference. They do a lot of shooting water and air on you. The bars over your chest that hold you in the seat move up and down constricting your movement. It's really loud and dark. I know that it might not look like much on the computer, but just like all things at WDW, the best thing to do is RIDE IT!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Seano846

Well, There are few effects that tend to make it scary, such as hot air blowimg on you from behind making you feel the effect of the alien breathing on you.Also, on one part when a person gets "done in" by the alien, water squirts on you to make you think that it is the persons blood. In my opinion the scariest part is that it is pitch black when the alien gets loose, and combined with the loud sound effects you have no idea if something will grab you or if something else will happen. It is truely theater of the mind. The only problem though is after you have experienced it once, it really isn't that scary any more. But it is still pretty fun anyway

Samwayla

Actually I do think you'll get to experience the whole ride even if you are in your wheelchair. My dad is in a wheel chair, well when he uses it, cause he mostly uses his crutches. Anyway If I remember right, he went in with his wheel chair and he was just in the back row. In the video did you see the harnesses that go over your head? wellyou just back your wheel chair in and I think you still get the harness over your head. I THINK. You just BYOC (Bring your own chair). Anyway I don't want to give away the whole ride but anyway these aliens come to earth to show you some of the wonderful technology that they have to offer us. One being a teleportation device. (Think Star Trek) ANYWAY the Boss man of the company decides to teleport himself to earth to meet all of us lucky people who are in the demonstration area. Well there was a planet in between there planet and earth and it intercepts the signal. They scan over the planet that intercepted the signal to search for the boss man. They find something that they think is him but when it ends up in the teleportation tube we realize that it is not the boss man. It's a monster (It's my mother in-law)<----ride it and you'll know why I said that. Well the creature breaks out of the tube and all the power goes out and You feel it breathing on your neck and licking your head(yes licking your head) and anyway they finally get the power back on and the creature back in the tube and Then they teleport it out. You should ride it. It's a really good ride. Hope I helped and didn't give more away than you wanted.

Bairstow

Even if you can't experience all the sensory effects in there, Alien Encounter is still worth it if only for the animatronics. The Alien itself is very nice, but S.I.R. in the preshow is absolutely incredible. It really is like a robotic skeleton of Tim Curry. I keep on expecting it to say, "Come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver, with antici...........pation." Plus everything inside is ramped so it shouldn't be a challenge to get in and see everything. Youd probably have a great time.

In response to the licking affect, it is a straw-like tubing that is behind your nexk in the headrest. It kind if thrusts outward and bounces around on your neck. The reason some of you might NOT remmeber this is b/c of people who find it fun to destroy what is not theirs. the people next to me rejoiced when they managed to actually rip this thing out!!!! But it is very light, soft and thin.

Now, I think they should make this a 3-d show with the glasses...and project the monsters beady red eyes in 3-d so it looks to everyone that it is looking directly at them, IMAGINE THAT!!!

pheneix

The "licking" effect won't work unless you let the shoulder harness completely lower to your shoulders (which can be painful if you're not used to it). If they are too high, then the "tongue" will fly right over your head. Of course, as has already been said, someone may have ripped it out as well.

It is cheap, but it is a pretty darn good effect. :)

Bairstow

It's not necissary to use 3D glasses if you want an effective "looking at you" effect. All you would have to do is enlarge the creature's eye sockets and put very bright LED lights recessed far into the sockets and no matter which direction you were looking at its face from, it would seem to be looking right at you. The same effect is used in the wallpaper of the Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom