alien encounter?

Okeena

Original Poster
could someone give me a description of alien encounter? i read alot of things about it on here. is it good is it bad? is it a ride or a show? all the times i've been to wdw and i've never been on alien encounter, if i take my wife on a ride that scares her or freaks her out she'll kill me so tell me what to expect here guys.

thanks for the help

mandib

Ok first off you all go into preshow #1 you watch a little movie about how this company (name slips my mind) is planning to transport one of them (alien kind of person) to you in the audience. They explain the whole process and then you move on to preshow #2. There you meat Skippy who is harrased by the robot. They're so mean to him. And yes you to can own a skippy. I have one! Gettin back to the show you then move into the real show. You all sit in a circle. There are 3 rows and the seats are kinda of scary looking. Anyways the show starts and soon they have transported an alien to you. O yes I forgot to mention you are in a shoulder restraint which is quite uncomfortable. Anyways the power then goes out and the alien is on the loose. You feel him and get sprayed with water and such. Then everything is fine and dandy because this is Disney. Ok that was the best I can do. Sry its not that much in detail!

Blizz

Hey its a great show. I just rode it on the 5th. Just make sure you dont let the head rest rest on your shoulders. You will see why if you ride...

cindrelly31

It is very much like mandib described. My hubby & i love the attraction, but it is rumored that it will close in October. If you are not sure if your wife will like it, maybe you could ask people when they come out what they thought (if you are comfortable doing this) or check with one of the CMs. I personaly think it is a little scary, especially when they make it seem as though the alien is behind you.:lookaroun If your wife can handle Friday the 13th, then this will be NO problem.

When are you going? We will be there Aug 18 -22. If you are there at this time, maybe we could setup for you to see it and I will visit with your wife until you decide if it is for her. Good Luck and have fun.:wave:

figmentmom

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like AE at all. I don't consider it particularily scary, but I do think it's mean-spirited in an atypically Disney way. However, I am the first to admit that AE has legions of fans.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by figmentmom
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like AE at all. I don't consider it particularily scary, but I do think it's mean-spirited in an atypically Disney way. However, I am the first to admit that AE has legions of fans.

Its psycologically intehnse. It plays in the nether regions of the mind and basicallys F's with you. It brings fear to a new level... because you cant see anything. They manipulate your senses in only a way disney can.

And I love it!

cuteypatooty78

Ya know when I was on it and sitting in the wheelchair section I didn't experience all of the effects and neither did my friend and mother who sat in the regular seats next to me. I missed the breathing sounds, and the foot steps you are suppose to feel. I did get the spray of water though. Am I missing anything else?

Mikejakester

I don't know if he would of wanted a spoiler of the ride but it's too late for that... hahahaha but anyways... till this day I find this atractio scary on so many different levels. but I have to admit that riding it the first time it's the worse, becuase of the uncertainly. the second time and third time , you know whats going to happen, and still get scared but not as much as the first time. AE is one of my favorite rides at disney!

I hope stitch dosen't kill the suspense.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by figmentmom

Well I respect your opinion I totally feel that the biggest draw to AE is that it doesn't follow the typical Disney formula. The typical formula is great but it's even better when they can "break the rules". But I really appreciate you saying how AE does have a large audience and has "legions of fans". Alot of the people that don't like the show want to say that it is not popular and nobody likes it. Thanks for being honest. I don't perticularly think that the "broadway style" shows have much repeat value, to me, but I am not going to go out and say that they aren't popluar because that is just a lie. Sure I don't go see Festival of the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage every trip but I don't think they should be torn down to build roller coasters. There has to be something for everyone at the Disney parks. My mom, for one, would rather see these shows than anything else.

This is what worries me about the AE change. When teenagers go to the MK for the first time (I'm talking non Disney nuts here :) ) really other than the mountains what is there do to? Again I'm talking about kids that are "too cool" for Disney but have to go along with their parents. If there were more things to please this group it would probably encourage more return visits for these guests. But it's too late to worry about that. Disney, most of the time, knows what they are doing. We'll just have to wait and see.

figmentmom

dxwwf3, that's part of what makes Disney great, I guess - something for everyone! (And that's why I like these forums - respect for everyone else's opinions!):)

SparklyGem

I went to Disney this summer and AE was the first ride at magic kingdom I went on. I had no clue what was going to happen and I was so scared and I really thought that this is the scariest attraction ever! I just didn't like the dark and the effects. I was screaming and just really wanted to get. But the seven year old next to me seemed to love it and was looking at me like I was mad! For the rest of our trip my friend kept threatening me with AE!!! Never again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom