Alien Encounter/Stitch

Do you want Alien Encouter to turn into Stitch?

• Yes

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 56.2%

• Total voters

disneydisney

Original Poster
What do you think about the possible Alien Encouter and Stitch makeover?

To me i don't want them to change this attraction. I would rather see that money used somewhere else in the parks. I know some places that might could use that money instead of changing something that is pretty popular. To me, I like to have Disney characters in a attraction, but I also like to have attraction that are unique to disney world and have nothing to do with disney characters. This is an attraction that has no Disney characters and I enjoy it alot because of that, its a different experience. Additionally, I think it would make this attraction to kiddy and kids nor teens and some older people would want to do this attraction. Just like you need kiddie attraction, you also need attraction for teens and older people. Even if you don't like this attraction, tons of teens and older really enjoy this attraction, not says that all teens but alot. I just don't think it should happen.
What do u guys think?

...an another thing...these are only rumors right now and some I hope happen and just because a cast member or someone at that attraction says something doesn't always mean that it happens. One example is the lady at One Man's Dream that worked there said that that attaction would not be here after the 100 Years of Magic and it is still here so....

careship

Isn't Skippy a DIsney character? He may not be widely popular or in movies, but Skippy was created by DIsney, making him a DIsney character which means Alien Encounter does have a DIsney chracter in it.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here. I love Skippy and would hate to see them change it, but I love STitch too, so I am neutral. Even though, Skippy to me is a Disney chracter that shouldn't be lost just like Figment.

O'Mailey

If done right, Stitch encounter could be just a "Stitch". It would make perfect sense to use the same scenario but change the preshow to make it more like the movie. Then just use Stitch instead of Skippy. They could play the effects for laughs instead of fear. I personally think that it sounds really fun. Although I also wouldn't mind them just keeping what they have.

If they do make a change they need to use a decent budget and do it all the way so that they don't end up with another JIYI disaster.

careship

I want AE to stay as it is also, but we all know we have no say in the matter. Stitch in the Tiki room...I love the old and new tiki room and think to make it a huge success again would be the addition of Stitch as grizz once mentioned. It's tropical and Hawaiin feeling from the start adding Stitch makes as much sense there as it does in AE, actually more. Stitch in AE could cause a new problem. Having to tame down AE due to Stitch's popularity with the young kids. Now taming that down would really rub me the wrong way.

Side note: JIYI may be different then what us old timers are used to, but it was cute. My kids giggled through it and loved the smellometer and they have seen it both ways. It hurt me so to see no lines for this ride and no lines for HISTA. So it does show me that things can't stay the same or peoiple will lose interest, yet we shouldn't encourage too much change. They could have easily changed JIYI without being such a drastic ruin of what was a great ride. I did like it though. I hate to say it. I am just glad Figment is still there. The post show is not nearly as fun as when I was a kid though. I loved running on the floor piano and playing in there. Now it's a huge Kodak entity that I could do without. Even though the emails home were cute.

Davis224

I personally think it would boost the attraction to have Stitch be the alien. Just change very little, just some sound effects. It would add humor to the ride, I don't think it would take anything away from it.

What the heck, change it?

AdLibSean

I think that if done right, it could maybe "soften" some of the harshness that this attraction exudes to some people. Why not use Stich AND Skippy. In the demonstration have them switch places and Skippy could still be "toasted" while Stich somehow escapes and ends up popping up all over the demonstration area and causing havoc as you are led to the main part of the attraction??? Just an idea...:hammer:

General Grizz

Originally posted by AdLibSean
I think that if done right, it could maybe "soften" some of the harshness that this attraction exudes to some people. Why not use Stich AND Skippy. In the demonstration have them switch places and Skippy could still be "toasted" while Stich somehow escapes and ends up popping up all over the demonstration area and causing havoc as you are led to the main part of the attraction??? Just an idea...:hammer:

*Gives AdLibSean WDI application...*

:animwink:

Sherm00

I vote for stitch. actually i wouldn't mind if they replace that ride al together. we skip it everytime we go down. maybe stitch would liven it up, hope they get rid of the harnesses. i don't like that ride it isn't a very disney ride. maybe stitch will work out.

Tim G

What do you think about the possible Alien Encouter and Stitch makeover?
Personally, it gives me the creeps...
On the other hand... Stitch will come, but not to Alien Encounter..

Budke

Another vote for Stitch

I don't think this attraction ever worked the way WDI hoped it would. The humor is very dark and the whole experience seems like it should be over at Universal for Halloween. After two trips through, my wife and I now skip this attraction. I'd rather Stitch splurted us with pinapple "juice" (with the appropraite smell) than the "blood" of a hapless cast member.

Actually, I hope they tie the attraction into the planned television show where one of Stitch's "brothers" escapes and then Sticth and the other characters rampage around the dark room trying to get it back in the cage.

ArsonWinter

You know, Stitch is a great character, but there's a whole Circle-Vison theatre across the way that's (I'm assuming) now not going to have Timekeeper in it. I'd rather see them put a proven character in there (or at least do something with it), or, like Grizz said, put Stitch into the Tiki Room.

AE does have dark humor, and it's not going to be at the top of everyone's list, but it's time is not up yet, nor should it be forced into early retirement.

(By the way, what about Stitch in the Studios? I already saw the meet-and-greet at AK, but that seems like it would be wrong to force him in there.)

DarkMeasures

I like AE a lot. What other ride makes little children come out crying?

But I enjoy this a lot to the fact that everytime I ride it, I notice something new. And the flashlight effect has to be one of the coolest special effects ever.

If stitch is to be added, put him in the preshow. Don't add him to the main show. That would be such a bad move. Like maybe Stitch can have a little Cameo on the ride but that is it.

Don't ruin the attraction with Stitch.

Tim G

Re: Another vote for Stitch

Originally posted by Budke
I don't think this attraction ever worked the way WDI hoped it would.
It worked excactly as hoped for, and even better... it was meant to be a "teen" ride (15-18y) and it worked.

imagineer boy

Corrus, I hope you're right about Stitch being somwhere else than in AE. AE is one of my most favorite attractions. If it is replaced, I will be heart broken. I'd LOVE to see a Stitch ride, but not in AE. Have a Stitch meet and greet in the in the Merchant of Venus shop. Or Put him in the Tiki room! It would make more sence. Besides, if Stitch is added, Tomorrowland would become Fantaseyland of the Futer!

SAVE ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dox

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I like AE a lot. What other ride makes little children come out crying?

Snow White, HM, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror...and i'm sure there are alot more.

I'm one of those people who likes AE alot. But I love Stitch even more and would greatly enjoy this ride with him. Personally, I don't forsee this ride changing that much other than from a dark, scary tone to a more light hearted approach. The effects, the darkness, etc. will all change. But I wonder if the alien will be gone given how large the center tube is I don't foresee STitch being placed in such a large area. Either given that the effects are no longer working as well, that the ride n eeds a serious rehab and the wide spread guest disapproval of this ride, i'm sure this will be an improvement. Then again, i'm one of the evil few who prefer the new tiki room. :goodnevil

Tim G

Originally posted by dox
Snow White, HM, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror...and i'm sure there are alot more.

I'm one of those people who likes AE alot. But I love Stitch even more and would greatly enjoy this ride with him. Personally, I don't forsee this ride changing that much other than from a dark, scary tone to a more light hearted approach. The effects, the darkness, etc. will all change. But I wonder if the alien will be gone given how large the center tube is I don't foresee STitch being placed in such a large area. Either given that the effects are no longer working as well, that the ride n eeds a serious rehab and the wide spread guest disapproval of this ride, i'm sure this will be an improvement. Then again, i'm one of the evil few who prefer the new tiki room. :goodnevil

There are more than enough warnings on the sides, warnings for
extreme loud noises, darkness, visual effects, etc.etc....
and not to take too little or sensitive children inside

While parents with little children still are entering the ride after they have been warned ,doing it to their children theirselves... they're to blame...not Disney or WDI
Even after the pre show the CM warns again VERY clearly for those previously mentioned.

Once I was at USF at the Back Draft Sound stage (long time ago)
And saw mothers putting their BABIES on the first row hand rail..
They WERE warned several times.. They obviously didn't care...
So who's to blame ?? the parents again..

I had my daughter and grand children over, from europe, for last Xmas, we went to also MK and I adviced them NOT to take the kids inside AE
They followed the advice.... altough the children wanted to get in...

BTW I love the new TIKI Room too...

AND Small world...

dox

Originally posted by Corrus
While parents with little children still are entering the ride after they have been warned ,doing it to their children theirselves... they're to blame...not Disney or WDI
Even after the pre show the CM warns again VERY clearly for those previously mentioned.
Once I was at USF at the Back Draft Sound stage (long time ago)
And saw mothers putting their BABIES on the first row hand rail..
They WERE warned several times.. They obviously didn't care...
So who's to blame ?? the parents again..

Totally agree with you. I should have been clearer in my post, because i'm not blaming Disney. I would never take a kid inside AE. I was just joking about other rides that make kids cry. But to add to that point, I do not agree that that fact alone should be the reason why they change the ride. But at the same time it is true that unlike those other rides, Disney has received alot of complaints - well founded or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom