Alien Encounter makeover???

orlpassholder

Original Poster
7 February 2002: Alien Encounter Makevoer?

Apparently Imagineering has some cool ideas to convert Alien Encounter into an attraction based on the upcoming feature - "Lilo and Stitch". It is by no means confirmed, and unclear if the idea is for a permanent replacement, or just a temporary makeover (like the DL Mansion).

This would be odd somewhat I mean with TK and COP down persay that is putting allot of stress on SpaceMountain,Buzz, and WedWay, and Astro orbit plus how in the world are they gonna pull this off :)

Clench: "I've been seized."

Spidlock: "Something you ate, sir?"

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by NowInc
LoL....id love to see them pull THAT off.....Tommorowland will suffer terribly if it was down....

Very true, they may have to rename that land nothing here land before its all said and done!:D

Firebird

They'll probably just replace the audio-animatronics of the fluffy creature in the pre-show with the alien from the film.:veryconfu
Seems pretty pointless, the ride is fine as it is.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
that would be sooooo pointless. I mean what is S.I.R going to say

S.I.R "What do you want /insert voiceover "lilo" /close voiceover"

That would be very very lame

Hey here is a cool idea the Alien eats one of the little fur balls :)

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Keep the attraction the way it is. It is fine and draws crowds. They should not do this.
Yeah, plus it has an ORIGINAL theme to it and isn't based off a movie like so many of the new rides.

NowInc

The only way I can see them tieing in Skitch into this ride is that they make him some sort of "hero" that causes the alien to be captured again. That would most likley just require a voice over in the ride itself.....

Doesnt mean it would be GOOD.....just the only place I can see them doing it...

d dude

Hey here is a cool idea the Alien eats one of the little fur balls

:lol: :lol: :lol: i would really hate to see that happen. it already is a great attraction. and it would really hurt Tommorowland

Pioneer Hall

I think they would change the show completely. they would have it tie in with the movie, not just include the characters. If they do this which we don't know if it will happen, it will be a major redo. The show would be permanent.

Lance

I love Alien Encounter, but if Imagineering thinks they should do it, I'm sure it will be good.

I think they're just starving for new attractions and this is something that can be farely simple to do.

I wouldn't mind

I have never really had a love for this attraction. Honestly, they could close it down and I would not shed a tear. Actually, I don't think Walt ever intended to have rides or attractions in his parks that scare the ________ens out of little kids. And I know the same could be said for the Haunted Mansion, but come on, we all know that is a silly, goofy sorta spooky, not terrifying like AE. Maybe with a Lilo and Stitch attraction, kids wouldn't come out crying! Cheers to the imagineers if they can pull it off with CofP and TK being on/off attractions. :sohappy:

Bryy2001

I think it would be a crime to close down Alien Encounter, it is at least one of the top ten attractions in WDW. Why would they ever want to tear down one of the most groundbreaking and technologically advanced attractions on the property?! And even if Walt had not intended for rides like that in WDW I think it was absolutely necessary for Disney to come up with more grown up attractions like Alien Encounter to compete with Universal Orlando.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
plus parents need to use common sense which allot of people lack they post signs that say this ride could be scary to little ones etc HELLO thats not wdw fault your a moron and take your poor child on there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom