Alcohol & America

jovada

Original Poster
This is more a general question than a Disney-related one, but I've just found out that you have to be 21 years old to drink alcohol. My girlfriend will be 21 in two months, but we're flying to WDW next week... I'm 26.
Am I allowed to order wine with a meal in one of the table service restaurants, since I'm 26, or does she have to be >=21 too? And do they actually check your age?
(Don't start thinking that we Europeans have an alcohol problem :brick: :animwink:)

happymom52003

You can order the wine, but your girlfriend can't legally order it or drink any at the restaurant. They usually do check your age unless you are obviously older, but it really depends on your server. If you both really want to enjoy some wine together, I would suggest having some in your hotel room.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is more a general question than a Disney-related one, but I've just found out that you have to be 21 years old to drink alcohol. My girlfriend will be 21 in two months, but we're flying to WDW next week... I'm 26.
Am I allowed to order wine with a meal in one of the table service restaurants, since I'm 26, or does she have to be >=21 too? And do they actually check your age?
(Don't start thinking that we Europeans have an alcohol problem :brick: :animwink:)

You can order it. They'll probably only bring you a wine glass.

If she drinks it, you could be imprisoned for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor". Probably be thrown out of court, of course, considering her age, but it would be a hassle. You probably would not get caught.

Astro_Digital

What 21 !!!!

Is Florida is the bible belt of something.

21 is joke... Old enough to go to war and die for their country but they can not have a glass of wine.

TiggersGang

When my husband & I were down there in Nov/Dec we ate at the Yaghts Club Galley for lunch, we both ordered a drink and I got carded. I couldn't beleive it cause I'm almost 47 years old. I told the waiter that I was old enough to be his mother. Anyways I took it as a compliment.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney is one of the stricter places about it, so odds are they won't cut your girlfriend a break.

If you want a glass of wine, I'd say buy a bottle and drink it in your room... but don't tell the person selling you the bottle about your girlfriend ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom