Alaska cruise cabin question

love disney

Original Poster
My wife and I are considering an Alaskan cruise in 2019, unfortunately these are pretty expensive cruises. We likely will have to do the early September cruise to save money, and also notice it is significantly cheaper to get an interior room. My question is if we have to do an interior room rather than one with a porthole or verandah (not sure if it would be too cold to sit out there in Sept.) will we regret it too much not being able to see the scenery from our room? We have never been on an Alaskan cruise and it seems like just sitting and looking at the scenery while cruising is awesome and aren't sure if we would regret going if forced to get a room with no view. Thoughts or advice? Thanks!

ChuckElias

If the inside stateroom is the only way that you can afford to take the cruise, then you have to decide that you're going to spend a lot of time on deck, and there are times that it will be very crowded. And that's ok, as long as you're aware of it before you go. We had a verandah, and enjoyed having the great view without having to go up to Deck 9 and 10. But as I said, it's better to go in an inside cabin than not to go. Just understand that you're going to want to see a lot and that means being on deck. (You could try to find a porthole in a public area, but I'd personally rather be outside.

As for being too cold to sit outside, the average high for Juneau in September is 57, so it's chilly, but not freezing. Take a hat and coat, or pack lots of things to layer, and you'll be ok. Plus the hot chocolate is free. :)

SMJS

My husband and I did the Alaskan cruise as part of our honeymoon in 2014 and stayed in an interior cabin. We spent loads of time on deck and still fully enjoyed the scenery. I highly recommend it view from room or not.

Nemo14

We did an Alaskan cruise (but not a Disney one) last year in late August. The temps were quite cool with rain nearly every day. We did a land-and-sea cruise, and we're very glad we did. Alaska is an amazing state and there is so much more to see than just the cruise ports.

love disney

Original Poster
If the inside stateroom is the only way that you can afford to take the cruise, then you have to decide that you're going to spend a lot of time on deck, and there are times that it will be very crowded. And that's ok, as long as you're aware of it before you go. We had a verandah, and enjoyed having the great view without having to go up to Deck 9 and 10. But as I said, it's better to go in an inside cabin than not to go. Just understand that you're going to want to see a lot and that means being on deck. (You could try to find a porthole in a public area, but I'd personally rather be outside.

As for being too cold to sit outside, the average high for Juneau in September is 57, so it's chilly, but not freezing. Take a hat and coat, or pack lots of things to layer, and you'll be ok. Plus the hot chocolate is free. :)

Thanks for the advice and input...unfortunately since my initial post plans have changed...now holding off on the Alaska cruise until our 10th anniversary...at least that gives us time to save up for a cabin with a verandah...hopefully! haha!

John park hopper

Just got back from a 14 day Alaskan cruise (not Disney -Holland America) stateroom starboard side with a balcony so we could see land on the way up. i would suggest go for the starboard side balcony- best views. Temp were in the 50s-60s for early June. Most amazing trip did a fishing trip out of Sitka caught halibut and salmon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom