Alan Horn promoted to Chief Creative Officer of Disney Studios content; Alan Bergman becomes sole Chairman

Slpy3270

Original Poster

Disney this morning has named Alan Bergman as Chairman, Disney Studios Content, with Alan Horn continuing to serve as the division’s Chief Creative Officer.

The two previously served as Co-Chairmen since May 2019. News was swirling heading into Disney Investor Day on Dec. 10 that Horn might possibly retire, but that’s not the case here for the motion picture industry vet of 50 years who remains integral to the Disney production pipeline as they commit $14 billion-$16 billion to Disney+ streaming content over the next four years. Both will continue to report to Disney CEO Bob Chapek, and all production studio heads will continue to report in to Bergman and Horn who’ll oversee big-screen features and Disney+ movies and series.

So much for Horn leaving...

Mmoore29

I don't know why Iger says Horn is the best hire he's done.

Horn is an arsonist that comes in the guise of a firefighter. "Calm the waters" my foot.

Remember what he did to Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne in order for Warners to acquire New Line fully?

Then the movies Horn takes credit for in the live action division but had nothing to do with, and the ones he actually was involved with are the dogs like Nutcracker and the Four Realms? And his continuous mistakes like the James Gunn situation and nearly terminating the Sony/Spider-Man deal?

Either Dick Cook should've been rehired after Rich Ross floundered, or someone like Meryl Poster should've been hired to the chair position, or both should been hired to run the Studios together, with Bergman as assistant. Bergman is fine, he's a real company man, but with Horn at his side...I don't know.

So, what changes now with Horn as CCO?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom