Aladdin 2 Officially In Development

Darkprime

Original Poster

jt04

The first feature did well in north America but was off the charts overseas. Great holds. I expect the sequel will have a bigger budget since I'm sure many thought the franchise reboot would only be a modest success but was far more. Excellent news!

erasure fan1

I'm pretty sure this isn’t going to be the only sequel to these live action remakes. I think if they rehash the return of Jafar, I might just have to give up all hope that Disney can ever be a creative powerhouse again.

Animaniac93-98

I'm pretty sure this isn’t going to be the only sequel to these live action remakes. I think if they rehash the return of Jafar, I might just have to give up all hope that Disney can ever be a creative powerhouse again.

They've already done sequels to Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent.

erasure fan1

They've already done sequels to Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent.
Yes, but through the looking glass was an established story they interpreted and Maleficent I don't consider a remake. It's a spin-off so even though I didn't like it, I give it a pass. So if they are going to do remakes of already bad made for DVD sequels,countme out.

matt78

I think they really screwed up when they made Jasmine the Sultan at the end. I think that is going to really limit what they do with a sequel. Hadn't she been named sultan she would have been able to go on random adventures with Aladdin and Genie like in the animated series but instead she is now tied to Agrabah unless they have her abandon her responsibilities as Sultan which Jasmine as a character wouldn't do.

CJR

I'm interested to see where they take it. There's a lot they can do without having to conform to the previous material. It's an open book, which I'll like, personally.

It'll be nice to have nothing to compare it to and let it stand on its own. I mean, I think it's a good thing they're taking it in its own direction instead of following the animated sequels. We'll see how it all turns out, I suppose. If they work hard, I think it could be a fun adventure movie.

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
I am certainly not one that is all for more live action Disney films, especially the sequel variety. If this so happens to be something new however it may be fine. Like stated previously they do have material to work with. I do think the Maleficent sequel was superior to the first. That is just my opinion. In general however, I think they should steer clear from making most of these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom