AKL Jambo Villas - Which Savanna View?

Signature100

Original Poster
Staying at AKL Jambo in a 1-Bed Villa with Savanna View, last week of Jan 2019. Any suggestions; which floor number to request and which savanna (Arusha, Sunset or Uzima)? A few years ago, I was fortunate to stay in one of the regular guest rooms; Kudu Trail, Sunset Savanna. (Shout out to Hayden at the front desk--he gave us the perfect room!) The few was fabulous! This will be the first time staying in a DVC Villa. Are the DVC Villas on a designated floor/savanna?

JaxFLBear

All DVC Villas in Jambo House (except for Concierge Level) are on the 5th floor.

The Arusha Savanna is the main savanna for Jambo House. The Sunset Savanna was expanded when Kidani Village was built, but some portions of it are not that great (Kudo Trail just off lobby).

Map of DVC Villas on 5th floor of Jambo House: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

In the map linked to above, the villas along the Giraffe & Ostrich Trails are Value Villas (smaller and separate booking category). The white spaces along the Giraffe & Ostrich Trails are hotels rooms that were not converted to DVC villas. The villas on the Zebra Trail facing the Uzima Pool are Standard View. There are also some Standard View villas mixed in with the Savanna Views along the Kudo & Zebra Trails. These were reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View due to having a limited view of the Savanna.

Herdman

We were just there in May and stayed in room 5301. The view was excellent. We almost always had a few giraffes outside our room throughout our stay.

surfsupdon

My standard view was partial savannah. I think they say that bc it had a lot of fencing in view, but it had lots of animals too. It was Sunset savannah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom